• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which "gucci" ar to get?

So, lets get real here. Gucci is an over priced line for women and gay fuckers. SO, are we talking best looking rig, or best performing rig here? Some people just need to spend more money on things that look great, but don't out perform really. Like, I am happy using a Walmart plastic bag to carry shit. Somebody else might need to do the same task, but need that Gucci bag. Once I know the intent I can help dial things in to give a more precise recommendation.

View attachment 8196107

JP or SA .875 AGB / Rifle Length Gas $140/$130

American precision arms or HellFire MB $160

CLE 18"-20" Bartlein 1-7.7 Twist /M110 Contour/ CLE Match Chamber or Wylde, your choice. I'd go with the CLE M Chamber but I only shoot 77gr SMK's so depends on what projectiles you're planning to run $700

MagPul PRS Lite adjustable Stock $70

Trigger.. whatever you prefer I run TriggerTechs or Geissele, The MBT is a decent choice if you like it on the heavier side.

That's basically everything, and that still puts you under 3k. Also the above prices are MSRP so if you're MIL/LEO or first responder you can safely knock $10 off of that for parts and accessories.
I am looking to build something similar right now, basically a gucci mock 12. I was already planning a CLE Bartlein barrel, but I am not a fan of JP handguards and I am curious what you would recommend as alternatives to the JP upper / handguard. I have looked at doing it based on the Seekins SP3RV3 semi-monolithic or just going with a traditional Geissele MK4 rail... Would that be a mistake?

I am looking to build something similar right now, basically a gucci mock 12. I was already planning a CLE Bartlein barrel, but I am not a fan of JP handguards and I am curious what you would recommend as alternatives to the JP upper / handguard. I have looked at doing it based on the Seekins SP3RV3 semi-monolithic or just going with a traditional Geissele MK4 rail... Would that be a mistake?

Seekins SP3RV3
Mega MML

Both make exceptional building platforms.

And in regards to JP you need to look again on their website they now make a Mlok Handguard that is pretty damn sexy looking that can be paired with their small frame receivers that have side charge or dual charge options.
Screenshot_20230816_122544_Chrome.jpg

If you want some bragging rights real Gucci shit... I'd go this route.

@mese341. Right in your budget to.

Pairing the Full Ambi Dual Charge PSC-21 (thermo fit upper) with they're new Full Ambi ASF-20 Lower and the new 15" M-lok handguard.... that makes me feel moist.

Screenshot_20230816_122252_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Seekins SP3RV3
Mega MML

Both make exceptional building platforms.

And in regards to JP you need to look again on their website they now make a Mlok Handguard that is pretty damn sexy looking that can be paired with their small frame receivers that have side charge or dual charge options.
View attachment 8206173

If you want some bragging rights real Gucci shit... I'd go this route.

@mese341. Right in your budget to.

Pairing the Full Ambi Dual Charge PSC-21 (thermo fit upper) with they're new Full Ambi ASF-20 Lower and the new 15" M-lok handguard.... that makes me feel moist.

View attachment 8206177
Wow first I am hearing of this JP rail, I am very interested, that looks awesome. Between Mega MML, the JP MLOK and Seekins, which do you think will be be the most accurate under all conditions?

View attachment 8196107

JP or SA .875 AGB / Rifle Length Gas $140/$130

American precision arms or HellFire MB $160

CLE 18"-20" Bartlein 1-7.7 Twist /M110 Contour/ CLE Match Chamber or Wylde, your choice. I'd go with the CLE M Chamber but I only shoot 77gr SMK's so depends on what projectiles you're planning to run $700

MagPul PRS Lite adjustable Stock $70

Trigger.. whatever you prefer I run TriggerTechs or Geissele, The MBT is a decent choice if you like it on the heavier side.

That's basically everything, and that still puts you under 3k. Also the above prices are MSRP so if you're MIL/LEO or first responder you can safely knock $10 off of that for parts and accessories.
I need to bookmark this for a future build.

Wow first I am hearing of this JP rail, I am very interested, that looks awesome. Between Mega MML, the JP MLOK and Seekins, which do you think will be be the most accurate under all conditions?

If you're still wanting to go with a JP barrel then stay with the JP Build list. Now if you go with a custom Bartlein or Krieger then the Seekins SP3RV3 just like the one I just sold is what I'd do.

The full Gucci Seekins Build will still be cheaper even with a custom Bartlein barrel by $1000 between $2500-$2600. Vs the JP at 3500-ish could be cheaper If you're Mil or LEO.

Last edited:
Reactions: renegadeGDI
If you're still wanting to go with a JP barrel then stay with the JP Build list. Now if you go with a custom Bartlein or Krieger then the Seekins SP3RV3 just like the one I just sold is what I'd do.

The full Gucci Seekins Build will still be cheaper even with a custom Bartlein barrel by $1000 between $2500-$2600. Vs the JP at 3500-ish could be cheaper If you're Mil or LEO.
I think I'd eliminate the JP because I want a Bartlein barrel. Where do you buy those SP3RV3 rails? On quick search they don't appear in stock anywhere and they are no longer even available at all on Primary Arms, even though they carry a ton of Seekins stuff.

Last edited:
I have a ga precision built gap-15 with 20 inch bartlein barrel. My old jp ctr-02 is a touch more accurate. Love them both but my fave is the jp

I think I'd eliminate the JP because I want a Bartlein barrel. Where do you buy those SP3RV3 rails? On quick search they don't appear in stock anywhere and they are no longer even available at all on Primary Arms, even though they carry a ton of Seekins stuff.

I can probably get you one, but why not go with Mega MML?

I can probably get you one, but why not go with Mega MML?
You think Mega MML is better than Seekins?

To be honest my other option is just wait on lmt and go full monolithic with one of their stainless barrels. Or have dwilson convert a Bartlein to fit. Now THAT is a Gucci build. The upper alone would be around 2k before I even buy a BCG

Reactions: GhostFace

To be honest my other option is just wait on lmt and go full monolithic with one of their stainless barrels. Or have dwilson convert a Bartlein to fit. Now THAT is a Gucci build. The upper alone would be around 2k before I even buy a BCG

I think for what you're wanting to do, just flip a coin and pick one. To be honest I like the design/style off the Seekins, but the Mega MML has tighter tolerances and a wide range of handguard lengths.

Last edited:

LMT should be choice number 1
Centurion Arms should be choice number 2

all the rest are diminishing returns

Reactions: Maxwell
I think for what you're wanting to do, just flip a coin and pick one. To be honest I like the design/style off the Seekins, but the Mega MML has tighter tolerances and a wide range of handguard lengths.
Do you think the Mega MML set will provide noticeably accurate gains compared to a simple Geissele MK4 mated with a mega upper receiver?

Do you think the Mega MML set will provide noticeably accurate gains compared to a simple Geissele MK4 mated with a mega upper receiver?

Depends on a few factors, barrel weight and length and distances. Also shooting positions, anytime you're in a position that induces a lot of torque on the handguard the conventional Style is always going to have a larger shift than a semi or full monolithic upper.

I think the more important question is are you a good enough shooter to see the difference and observe the benefits that the MML provides so if you're a 1-1.5 MOA all day shooter you're probably not going to see any differences.

Depends on a few factors, barrel weight and length and distances. Also shooting positions, anytime you're in a position that induces a lot of torque on the handguard the conventional Style is always going to have a larger shift than a semi or full monolithic upper.

I think the more important question is are you a good enough shooter to see the difference and observe the benefits that the MML provides so if you're a 1-1.5 MOA all day shooter you're probably not going to see any differences.
There's a lot of precision shooters better than me, but I'm definitely capable of at least half moa with a gun that's equally capable. I'm definitely more accurate than some of my ar15s which is why I'm looking for a top of the line upper to eliminate that variable while I keep practicing.

I'm pretty much down to a LMT stainless barrel or a Bartlein / mega build. I want a premium mk12 style upper.

I am genuinely curious what those LMT stainless 5.56 barrels can do in terms of accuracy... My 308 stainless is 1/2 moa easily with FGMM
my lmt 308 is outstanding printing .6 on average( bet print was .38 that I posted a few years ago) and I'm confident I can squeeze more out of it on average but truthfully, I don't shoot it enough. I favor my 16" set up.

for 5.56, I've a buddy that does about half moa with ss 18".

my Centurion Arms midweight cl is .6. CAs fk hard!!!!

my lmt 308 is outstanding printing .6 on average( bet print was .38 that I posted a few years ago) and I'm confident I can squeeze more out of it on average but truthfully, I don't shoot it enough. I favor my 16" set up.

for 5.56, I've a buddy that does about half moa with ss 18".

my Centurion Arms midweight cl is .6. CAs fk hard!!!!
I also have an LMT 308 that's half moa easily, I just never hear anyone talking about the stainless 5.56 lmt barrels. Probably because they are so hard to find. It's nice to hear there's a 18" 5.56 out there hitting half moa. It might be hard to resist if I saw one pop up.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
It’s titanium, but that’s still way too much.

Reactions: msgriff
I also have an LMT 308 that's half moa easily, I just never hear anyone talking about the stainless 5.56 lmt barrels. Probably because they are so hard to find. It's nice to hear there's a 18" 5.56 out there hitting half moa. It might be hard to resist if I saw one pop up.
My Centurion Arms is every bit as accurate as well but I've never had accuracy issues out of any on LMTs including the cl barrels

Where does Larue 5.56 figure into the hierarchy of fine AR's?

I'd take a hard look at KAC, LMT, and Radian, and pick whichever fits your intended purposes. For defensive purposes, and I wouldn't mess around with a build. I had a BCM 14.5" heavy barrel and an LMT MWS 16". I let them both go. I just got an LMT MLR with factory 14.5" barrel, and I'm going to pin a KAC flash hider for 16" OAL. I didn't like how the KAC is proprietary and bolts are never in stock. If you are after accuracy/range gun, then a custom build may make the most sense, as I'd build around the barrel. I don't expect the LMT to be the softest shooter. That isn't my greatest concern. I chose it over the others because as a defensive rifle, it is factory complete, has military track record, and because it's iron sight only, I thought the receiver/rail made the most sense (no flex).

That's going to be personal preference the SCI-20 will be the foundation I would build off of, basically it would be the little brother of the LRI-20 I just finished, I'm currently in the middle of building the exact rifle I think you're looking for. Give me a second and I'll lay it all out for you.

The LRI-20 is in Black.
View attachment 8196103
Hi,
Just found the site, registered. I have a stock AR, my first as my focus have been pistols that I grew up shooting and wanting to own as I got older. I like this build if you can send me a note. Thanks much.

KAC Upper
Radian Lower
A5 kit
G$ trigger
Suppressor mount
Stock of your liking

Should set you back $3k or so. You'll be set for life with that rifle

• Love
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
KAC Upper
Radian Lower
A5 kit
G$ trigger
Suppressor mount
Stock of your liking

Should set you back $3k or so. You'll be set for life with that rifle
I really like your picks, if I was going DI it would be hard to improve on that.

Are JP's barrels thermo-fitted? And have you ran one of their barrels with the heat sink sleeve?? Thoughts/opinion on the heat sink vs a standard heavy contour barrel?

Are JP's barrels thermo-fitted? And have you ran one of their barrels with the heat sink sleeve?? Thoughts/opinion on the heat sink vs a standard heavy contour barrel?

Yes they are the OG's of thermo fitting, as far as I'm aware they are the ones who started the idea, just remember it's not the JP barrel exstenion that is oversized its their upper receivers that are undersized. I have ran thier barrels and they are pretty amazing and very accurate. In my experience thay don't usually get you in the .3's like a Bartlein can but .5 -.7 MOA is very doable. The other aspect of JP barrels that I enjoy is they seem to shoot just about any store-bought match ammo very well, most of my Custom barrels require handloads to really see thier full potential.

In regards to the heat sink I've only ran a couple of them and I couldn't see any difference with my style of shooting, I think they really shine in the 3 gun world or in any situation that requires a high round count in a single setting.

This is my new Gucci Small Frame AR, just finished her today. I'll take her for a test drive tomorrow.

JP SCR11/SCI20.

JP LMOS BCG with Young Chrome HMB Bolt.

JP SCS.

JP .875 Adjustable Gas Block.

CLE Bartlein 20" .223 / 1-7.7 Twist / CLE Match Chmber / Rifle gas / 5/8x24 Treads / White Oak Competition Barrel Extension.

Triggertech Diamond Single Stage.

American Precision Arms Adjustable Muzzle Brake.

MagPul PRS Lite

20231108_150350.jpg

Compared to its Big Brother in 6.5CM

FB_IMG_1696777882629.jpg

This is my new Gucci Small Frame AR, just finished her today. I'll take her for a test drive tomorrow.

JP SCR11/SCI20.

JP SCS.

CLE Bartlein 20" .223 / 1-7.7 Twist / CLE Match Chmber / Rifle gas / 5/8x24 Treads / White Oak Competition Barrel Extension.

MagPul PRS Lite

View attachment 8267533

View attachment 8267534
Please post about results after test drive.

I have always wanted to build an AR15 using a Bartlett or Krieger barrel in .223 or 5.56 or .223 Wylde

Never heard of a CLE chamber, but that looks promising. https://compasslake.com/product/compass-lake-engineering-chamber-info-only/

and a prior discussion here:

Please post about results after test drive.

I have always wanted to build an AR15 using a Bartlett or Krieger barrel in .223 or 5.56 or .223 Wylde

Never heard of a CLE chamber, but that looks promising. https://compasslake.com/product/compass-lake-engineering-chamber-info-only/

and a prior discussion here:

The CLE Match Chamber loves 77grn SMK's, 55gr Black Hills FMJ and 60grn Vmax. That's all I shoot so it works perfect for me.

Have you tried out the 77 or 69gr TMK's? Thoughts?

For what it's worth, I use 77gr TMK on hogs/deer with devastating effect. It's a fantastic round, much better than the older SMK.

Never had one fail to fragment out of a short barre

77gr TMK and 50/70gr TSX are what our JSOC guys are using overseas out of 10.5 inch barrels if that tells you anything.

The rokslide thread posted below has over 100 pages of guys using 77gr TMK on everything from hogs to elk. Incredible ballistics.

Last edited:

JP SCR11/SCI20.

JP SCS.

MagPul PRS Lite

View attachment 8267533

View attachment 8267534
What is your logic to opt for a low mass carrier as opposed to a regular one? Less reciprocating mass to allow for better follow up/spot trace and impacts would be my guess, curious to hear yours.

What is your logic to opt for a low mass carrier as opposed to a regular one? Less reciprocating mass to allow for better follow up/spot trace and impacts would be my guess, curious to hear yours.

It's what I had in my spare parts box...lol

Yes in a competition setting it would definitely shine but It really just produces a smoother operating rifle that is already heavier than most so when you combine lighter operating parts with a heavy precision based AR It's just a joy to shoot.

There's so many aspects of the builds I do that really fine tune the system as a whole through a careful collection of specialized parts. Just looking at the barrel alone...

CLE Bartlein 20" .223
4 Groove
1-7.7 Twist
CLE Match Chmber
Rife Length gas
Custom Contour based off of the M110
White Oak Competition Barrel Extension
5/8x24 Threads
11° Target Crown

Every aspect has been hand picked for the highest level of precision possible.