• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Harris bipod for my Savage 10 FCP-K .308?

skydiver

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2010
Ohio
Did a search but couldn't find the exact info I am looking for.
Which Harris bipod (height,swivel, etc.) would be recommended for my Savage 10 FCP-K .308?
Shooting mostly prone and maybe some benchrest. No hunting.
Thanks

Re: Which Harris bipod for my Savage 10 FCP-K .308?

Hey welcome to the Hide

Harris 6-9 swivel with notched legs, add a PodLock and your GTG, and look no further than Triad.

I vote for the black one, as well.

I use sandbags from the bench, so I have the 13" to 23" non-swivel model so I can lay across my ruck, shoulder it, and see over the medium length grass or soybeans. And I can pull it out to 23" and sit upright to shoot over small rises or over objects that aren't aren't stable enough to use as a rest. When I load it up properly I can almost shoot as well with a bipod as I can from bags. Almost. But it requires a stiff forearm and a floated barrel, which most sporter rifles don't have. The only think I don't like is having to kick up a mound of dirt or make a hole to level it. So I'm buying the swivel model next, also in 13 to 23, and the aftermarket lever lock for it.

So ... if you shoot off the bench primarily the 6 to 9 non-swivel will work best for you, imho. If you hunt with it a swivel model is worth the extra $$$.

Oh ... and make it black.
laugh.gif

I end up with the 9-13" notched swivel model. I have a Hart rifle rest for the bench. The extra height is nice in the field, the low setting on the 6-9" is worthless to me since I do a lot of groundhog hunting across hills. And when your facing downslope thats steep enough you need a little more.

Oh btw ... I am looking at a Savage FCP-K or 11 Long Range Hunter (if they ever get to the distributors.
mad.gif
How do ya like the -K model so far? Give us a full range report in the bolt rifle forum when ya get time. Pics would be nice, too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snakum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh btw ... I am looking at a Savage FCP-K or 11 Long Range Hunter (if they ever get to the distributors.
mad.gif
How do ya like the -K model so far? Give us a full range report in the bolt rifle forum when ya get time. Pics would be nice, too. </div></div>

Haven't shot it yet, but looks real good.

So I guess Black = Tactical. I got it now

welcome and nice rifle. i was considering the same last spring but went with the 10 pc instead. i use mine for bench and hunting so that influenced my decision. next will probably be the fcp and the harris br swivel. i bought my brs at cabelas for $89 and sniped a used 13-23 off ebay. what glass did you put on it?

i bought a plain harris. ill be keeping it for backup and getting one of the 2 swivel notched podlocked models so i can put my claws on that instead of a plain one. i wish i had gone swivel notched in the first place, either 6-9 or 9-13 if those are the sizes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoytshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">welcome and nice rifle. i was considering the same last spring but went with the 10 pc instead. i use mine for bench and hunting so that influenced my decision. next will probably be the fcp and the harris br swivel. i bought my brs at cabelas for $89 and sniped a used 13-23 off ebay. what glass did you put on it? </div></div> I was looking for the fcp-k and couldn't get a delivery date, so I ordered the 10pc. How do you like yours? I am waiting on mine to deliver.

I have the 6-9 on my Savage. It works well for the stated reasons that you posted.