• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which is a better Rangfinder?

Re: Which is a better Rangfinder?

The vectronix...
smile.gif

Bill

I have a Leica LRF 1200 Scan, I wish I had the Swaro.

Have the Leica 1200, love it but can't compare. my understanding is that the swaro works better at cold temps

I personally use a bushnell elite 1500. Playing with my buddies Leica 1600 and it has me lusting for one. My 1500 will range my steel out to about 700, 800 on a good day, but never further. The leica was ranging buildings out past a mile in sunny conditions, and ranged my steel at our max shooting distance of 1174 yards. I think I need to upgrade.

Branden

My Bushnell 1500 Elite worked great for 1 year, then took a permanent dump.

I have used both and others. To do all over again I would prefer the Swaro but a lot of game has fallen using my Leica 1200 and I will not be replacing it unless my needs change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short-bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally use a bushnell elite 1500. Playing with my buddies Leica 1600 and it has me lusting for one. My 1500 will range my steel out to about 700, 800 on a good day, but never further. The leica was ranging buildings out past a mile in sunny conditions, and ranged my steel at our max shooting distance of 1174 yards. I think I need to upgrade.

Branden</div></div>

the new 1600y model will go to 2k ...

$800 is the range for the Swaro and the Leica 1600. I can find a Leica 1200 for less. Thanks for all the input guys.

Robert

To all those that have claimed to have had both, are you comparing the Leica 1200 or the 1600s and or assuming from the hearsay. I think the 1600s are hard to beat

My fiends L1600 out performed my Swaro.

Vectronics PLRF05 is far superior to both. Twice the price though.

there's a reason why almost all land surveyors use Leica total stations.
why? because the EDM's in them are the best, especially when you're using them in a reflectorless mode (ie: not shooting it at a target prism).

Love the Leicas.

Ive had the laser guide and the 1600. I couldnt deal with the size of the reticle on the laser guide. I am happy with my 1600