• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors which pistol?

mrwiggins

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2008
Louisiana
i'm torn between 3 glocks, i'm going to be using said pistol for 3 gun, general shooting and plinking, perhaps some pistol competition and probably a car gun/side arm during hurricane season(the weather during that time can rust most pistols pretty quick)if any of the 3 are better suppressed, that would also be nice to know. the 3 follow

glock 34
glock 35
and glock 21 sf

3 different guns, 3 different calibers. my reasoning behind each. of course i like that all are rugged, easy to maintain, and seem to not be as adversely effected by the weather down here as some, i do wish glock has second strike capability, but i'm willing to over look that due to cost and cheap plentiful parts.

glock 21 sf, i like it, like the 45 acp round. but i'd like a longer barrel and the last 21 i had didn't like reloads(bummer). this pistol also has the lowest capacity, which isn't a prime concern, but a factor none the less

glock 35, i've had 40 s&w, i've got a buddy that swaps the 40 barrel for 9mm with no problems, but i had a glock armorer tell me that could damage the gun?? i figure you can so that would allow for a few calibers in this one gun. not set up to reload 40 s&w but i could be and ammo tends to be cheaper than 45 acp. 15 round capacity isn't shabby

glock 34, 9mm is cheap cheap to shoot, 17 rounds of anything would ruin any bad guys day, much less good expanding 9mm hp rounds however i do like the 40 and 45 for a man stopper.

which would you choose? all 3 feel pretty good, i just feel i'm missing something. let me know what you fellas think

Re: which pistol?

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago and went with the Glock 34. Part of my choice was I had a ton of 9mm ammo. I prob have about 500 rounds out of it and have been pleased. I think you will enjoy whatever you decide on!

pc

How serious into competition do you intend? If you're shooting for fun, go with the G34 for the aforementioned reasons. You won't look back!

If you are planning on shooting USPSA and need to make major powerfactor(PF) then I would say the G35. I shoot one of these for USPSA and the little 3-gun I can find by me.

I use a G21SF for my primary duty-gun. I too like slinging 230gr of lead into the possible perp, BUT . . . I wouldn't consider it the ideal competition gun UNLESS. .

a) you're shooting a "heavy metal" class in 3-gun
b) you're using a duty-gun or one like it for a weapons handling in your competition
c) you don't mind likely getting outshot(speed-wise) by the 9mm's in production class.

My order, for what sounds like your intentions 1 - G34 2 - G35 3 - G21SF.

Pictures of my G35 and rig here:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2383847#Post2383847

All are nice though to be sure! GOOD LUCK!

-G45

I would say G35 as it gives you more options. If you reload, you can get your .40 down to around factory 9mm recoil levels but still have that bigger bullet, which helps if you are on the edge of a scoring line. You also get the longer sight radius over the G21 and more rounds. Not sure if you can modify handguns in 3 gun as I don't run it but you can also by an aftermarked 9mm barrel, plunger,extractor and some G17 mags and be ready to rock n' roll flat out 9mm. Or if you need power factor, jump back to .40

I run a G35 in USPSA and love it. Very versitile. My second pick would be the G34 with the G21 last. All great guns though.

something i forgot to mention, i'm shooting a sig 228 now, and sometimes i have to put two rounds into steel to get them to fall, will the extra inch of barrel help with that issue? are the targets i'm shooting just f'd up? that is one thing that i'd wary of with the 9mm, but probably not something to worry about

If you are shooting steel, there are times a 9mm will not drop them if you don't hit them just right depending on the size/weight. It could also be setup issues but I couldn't comment on that w/o seeing the targets live. Sometimes the targets just take longer to fall with a lighter round also.. just takes longer for the momentum to take the target down. A bigger round will help solve that issue usually if you are making good hits. I shot 9mm a few times and had steel take longer to fall (large poppers).. so I went back to the .40 round. I did find that if I shot for the top of the popper it would fall fine with 9mm but that took more time for aquisition and narrowed my target area. Just some other thoughts.

Edit: You could also try stepping up your 9mm ammo to a 124gr or 147gr round, if you are shooting 115gr, and see if that helps in your P228. Another thing if you are shooting a Sig is that the trigger reset on the Glocks will be much shorter and allow for faster shots (of course everything with practice). This was a big selling point for me in competition.

i'll have to check what i'm shooting, i'm not sure if it's 115 or 124. regardless the little sig isn't cutting it for me. i'm ok with it but i want that nice long sight radius

G34 is the only decent choice of those three.

Changing calibers is not legal under USPSA production rules so you'll want to go 9mm.