• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which rangefinder?

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
I stretched the barrel on my Savage this weekend for the first time. I was well pleased with my rifles performance:
200 yds- 1.21"
300 yds- 2.34"
400 yds- 2.78"
600 yds- 5.39"
800 yds- 8.98"
when I fired the 600 and 800 groups a storm was blowing up and the wind was a beast.
They only negative thing during my range visit was my rangefinder would not range past 450 yds and I had to shoot range from multiple positions to be accurate. I am going to get another rangefinder and wanted your all opinions. What about the Leica?

Re: Which rangefinder?

Leica is a very good one and they read very fast. Zeiss got a nice unit out now is well that ranges almost as far as a Swaro but has the same speed as the Leica. For all out range the Swaro is hard to beat. Ive ranged 1452 yards with mine several times.

Please use the search function, this topic comes up all the time.

For $399.00 you can get a Bushnell Elite 1500 from cabella's. I've ranged 1599 yds with mine. Forget the Luepy...pure junk...too many functions kills the power.

Simple go buy a PLRF 15. You will get first shot laser hits within 338 LM range all day long. The only downside is that it will cost about as much as a AI.

I've done a bunch of searching in the Hide, and everyone who has the Bushnell 1500 seemed to be pretty happy with them.

If you look at my signature you will see a link. Click on it, it's a custom google search that will search within the Hide, very helpful.

-Pat

The Swarovski Laser Guide is the only one to have for under $1000. Actually, Zeiss came out with a new one not too long ago. I haven't used it or heard anything about it yet.

If it's in your budget, the Swaro is the one I would pick. I have that and have been very happy with it. The Leica is good but beyond 1200 yards, it is not as reliable. I have seen two that couldn't range beyond that.

Talked to Zeiss at the NRA convention. They apparently have the smallest beam divergence of any of the civilian hand-helds at 1.5 mils by 0.5 mils. The Swaro & Leica are around 2.2 by 0.5

I use the swaro and have no reason to change.

I've had the Swaro for over a year now and would purchase it again. I have ranged large objects at 1800+ and have no problems ranging my steel out to 1200 which is the most I can shoot. The only gripe I have is the reticle could be a little finer. The glass is really nice, I use mine for binos while hunting.