• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which rangfinder?

nplunger

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2008
Washington
I have been looking to purchase a rangefinder mainly for hunting and i wanted to purchase something that has decent range. I have been eying the Leica CRF 1200 Rangemaster for a while. The reviews state that it performs well but i have had experiences with Bushnell's and Nikon's. Any insight on this subject would be nice. Thanks

Re: Which rangfinder?

I have a Leica 900 range master and i love it. light weight and idiot proof, the way i like things. also welcome to the hide

I have had the opportunity to use one of these in the past and it preformed well. The optics are good and it would range target out past 1200 yards. I can't comment on its durability due to my limited experience with it. However I do not have any negative feedback for it either.

I have the Leica 900 as well. Flawless performance, accurate and lightweight.

I have owned others and the Leica 900 and 1200 are the best of the best.

Yep, I've ran both the Leica and Swarovkis side by side and the Swarovski will get readings farther out in bad conditions. It's not even close, Swaro is a run away winner

I haven't owned or tested the Zeiss but I have narrowed my choices down to the Zeiss or the Swaro. Everything I have read about the Zeiss has been positive and it's a c-note+ less expensive. Now maybe if some nice vendor would let me compare the two and offer a nice discount in return for a range report I would be very motivated to do all the hard work...
whistle.gif

were in washington do you live? I am going to eastern washington this weekend for some long range shooting and I have the leica crf 1200 and would let you try it out if you like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">were in washington do you live? I am going to eastern washington this weekend for some long range shooting and I have the leica crf 1200 and would let you try it out if you like. </div></div>

That would be great, I sent you a PM.

I appreciate all your guy's impute. The articles were especially helpful. The Leica CRF 1200 it is!

All you need for hunting is most likely something out to 500 yards. So any of the models recommended above would work.