• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which rings for rifle build.

Darkamek

Private
Minuteman
Dec 4, 2021
Wisconsin
I’m looking for a ring recommendation for my rifle build. The build is an American Rifle Archimedes in a MPA Matrix Pro chassis with a 6.5 creedmoore 18” barrel. The scope is a Vortex Razor hd lht 4.5 - 22 ( I feel I should have gotten the Razor Gen II)

Not sure what height or moa the rings should be. I’m use to buying LaRue scope mounts for my AR’s but this is my first bolt action.

I’m looking for a ring recommendation for my rifle build. The build is an American Rifle Archimedes in a MPA Matrix Pro chassis with a 6.5 creedmoore 18” barrel. The scope is a Vortex Razor hd lht 4.5 - 22 ( I feel I should have gotten the Razor Gen II)

Not sure what height or moa the rings should be. I’m use to buying LaRue scope mounts for my AR’s but this is my first bolt action.
Use a 20 MOA pic rail. Place your scope on the pic rail with a stack of quarters under the flat spot at the turrets. Place more or less quarters until you get clearance that is acceptable to you under the front bell. Carefully measure the distance from the top of one of the ridges on the pic rail to the bottom of the straight portion of the scope tube. Now go find that (or close) height rings.

You want ARC M10 or MBRACE rings. They have instructions on their site on how to pick a height, involves pennies as @Aftermath mentioned. If you want a one-piece mount, ARC makes those too.

That design is way more user-friendly than anything else out there; the only reason in my mind to get something else would be if you were trying to shave an ounce off your build with ultralight rings.

My build is heavy so I’m not really trying to save weight. I appreciate the reply’s and I will try the quarter / penny measuring.

This chart will at least let you know what height ring you will need.

pennies.jpg

If you're not sure what the table means, it is the number of pennies stacked on top of your mount to the bottom of the scope with the bell of the scope clearing everything.

MOA will depend on how far you intend to be shooting.

I've only ever used Seekins and I have zero reason to try anything else. They are great.