• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

which semi auto .308 for hunting only?

unrepentant

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2008
ms
A friend has asked me a complicated question and I've separated it into to questions in this forum. He lives in Japan and can buy only one rifle. He wants a semi-auto in .308 or 30-06. He'll probably hunt with it. I'm sure the game would be deer; there are black and brown bear there, too.

I dunno anything about semi-auto hunting rifles; what would ya'll suggest in semi-auto, and why?

Thank you.

Re: which semi auto .308 for hunting only?

I thought they hunted in Japan with swords.

For only having one rifle, I think I would go with a AR 308 platform, and if able(allowed by law) to have more than one upper, you can build multiple uppers for lots of different scenarios.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RGAmos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought they hunted in Japan with swords. </div></div>

This is for backup and when he gets tired of runnin'..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For only having one rifle, I think I would go with a AR 308 platform, and if able(allowed by law) to have more than one upper, you can build multiple uppers for lots of different scenarios.</div></div>

Thank you (really). That's covered in another thread; he's tryin' to figure out the legalities of multiple uppers.

DPMS AP4 in 308. Size of a M4 but with the punch of the 308.

Gents, I have had great luck with DPMS LRT/SASS .308. Get a good Harris bi-pod, A Zeiss Conquest Scope and a good sling pushing Federal 168 gr. match on prairie deer would make a great outing. Good Hunting!