Suppressors Which suppressor for 18" AR SPR ?

jrservices

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Crossville, TN
I am about to purchase a Larue UBR in .223 and am leaning towards a Surefire FA556AR, I like the idea that it only adds about 4 inches to the length. I also am planning on attaching this to a 14.5" M4. What about the AAC SPR-M4 ?, My first priority is accuracy...

Thanks
Richard

hrt4me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2001
Dallas, Texas
Re: Which suppressor for 18" AR SPR ?

Have you considered the stainless steel 5.56x45mm Hammerhead suppressor offered by Jon David Whitson, d.b.a. JDW Manufacturing Company, Inc., a.k.a Shark Suppressors? It's a unique, proprietary design with a monolithic baffle core inserted into a suppressor tube without any welds (ultra high temperature press fit), and it is rated for sustained fully automatic fire. David is on the Hide as well...

jrservices

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Crossville, TN

Yes, But all the Shark suppressors seem to be end mount, I like the idea of the barrel overlap design.

Richard

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA

If it's an SPR, put an Ops Inc 12th on it. It's very quiet, it reflexes back only adding around half it's length to the overall length of the rifle and I didn't see a appreciable effect on accuracy or point of impact shift.

SPR_Suppressed.jpg

dmtsc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2006
Virginia

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, a SPR isn't a SPR without the Ops Inc setup. </div></div>

+1, I love my Ops Inc cans and its what made the SPR

ChrisNCT

A Connecticut Shooter
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2009
Naugatuck, CT USA

I have a Surefire FA556AR so I can comment on that model. It is a great can! Would I buy another one, yes I would.

I would go Ops Inc or surefire for your project.

Chucky

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2006
Sanford, NC

Richard,

If you are planning on running this on a 14.5 and a 18 inch gun what about the SureFire Mini suppressor. This suppressor is 3 ounces less than the FA556AR adds less length to the gun and is a much easier mounting solution. It is also pretty close in sound reduction. If you are ever in NC I will let you shoot both of mine.

Here are a couple of pics of my mini on my 16 inch platform.

Summerof2010052.jpg

Summerof2010053.jpg

Chuck

Mo_Zam_Beek

Private
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2002
OR_GUN

I have a SF 556K - it is great in sense that it is pretty quiet as far as 5.56 cans go, fits on a 10.5", durable, and has a great company to stand behind it.

That all said, if I had it to do over again I would get a SF 6.8 model.

Good luck