• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which to keep, Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x50 or Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50?

Which to keep, Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x50 or Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50?

• Keep the Bushnell 2.5-16x50 Mildot

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Keep the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 Mildot

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
Both have Mildot reticles with MOA turrets. The bushnell may have the edge on clarity, barely. I need to part with one. Which would you keep and why?

Ditch both and get a mil/mil optic. I like the Vortex scopes.

Depends on what you intend to use the rifle for. If it is a do all rifle then 2.5-16 is more useful than 6.5-20. However, if it is a range/varmint only rifle then I would say keep the viper as a little extra mag is always handy.

Of the two, I would prob keep the Bushy, as I do not like high mag hunting scopes. I prefer a wide field of view, especially on moving game.

As for the mil/moa turrets, if this rifle is used primarily for hunting, just work your dope this summer, then a week before your hunt input the environmentals to your ballistic program and then make a turret tape. You can still range with the retical, then dial for yardage. Very simple and easy to do. If you change hunting areas, make another tape. You can use white electrical tape, or print one using word, it takes a little trial and error to match the numbers with the dial but not impossible.

That was kinda my thinking. I don't mind mismatched turrets with the reticle in the second focal plane. I just adjust magnification accordingly and run it as an MOA scope. The vortex warranty is rock solid but I'm going to keep the Bushy.