• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Trijicon for hunting (Eastern yotes mostly)

Huntinfool

Private
Minuteman
Hey Fellows,

I've been wrestling with a decision I thought some of you might be able to help. There's no one in my immediate area that stocks Trijicon scopes so it's hard for me to decide about something I've never seen.

I'm considering buying a AccuPoint 2.5 X 10 X 56 mm for my RRA Coyote Rifle. What I'm having trouble with is the reticle.

I've narrowed it down to between the triangle and the std crosshair with an amber dot!

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=634&back_row=2&categoryID=5

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=475&back_row=2&categoryID=5

I'm concerned about the post for say hold over shots at 200 to 300 yards or so. How's the post type sight workin' for those of you who have them and is the std crosshair with a dot just as good for in close runnin' yotes??

Will the post/triangle pigeon hole me to in close shootin' only as opposed to what I might be able to do with the crosshair & dot?

~HF~

Re: Which Trijicon for hunting (Eastern yotes mostly)

0-250 I'd go with the triangle, If you shut the Fiber off the reticle gets finer if you need it. Beyond that I'd get one of the crosshair reticles.

Re: Which Trijicon for hunting (Eastern yotes mostly)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huntinfool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's my first choice also mil-dot but my wholesaler doesn't carry that one. I found it somewhere else about $58.00 more.

~HF~ </div></div>

We have four in stock, for $689 shipped each.

The mildot is a somewhat poorly finished wire reticle and you can get it to light up looking toward the sun. This is annoying for some.

Scott