• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White Lightnin.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Moonshine. Corn liquor. Mt. Dew. White Lightnin.

What ever you call it, do you drink it?

I just found a quart in my freezer I had forgotten about. DAMN, its some sweet stuff. Rolls across your tongue like oil, just a hint of sweetness, and a mild tang at the end. Best Ive tasted and now I cant remember who I got it from. Any of ya'll got a good connection?

ff21d68dbb51819545a9deb644085946.jpg

He made some of the best. Not a myth just the truth.

Fellas brought some Apple Pie down. Sure it's flavored, but damn it will lay your ears back.

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    seems like every time I do I end up in a swimming pool fully clothed.

picked up a gallon of everclear for hard times. Goes good with fresh squeezed lemon aid and a little sugar.

The trick to drinking shine is to pour what you plan to drink and put the jug away. If you get into the jug youre fucked. A buddy and I got into a gallon one snowy evening. I left about a 30 yard trail of kneewalked puke on the way to my car. Fortunately I passed out in the seat before I could get the key into the ignition.

Sorry, no. I used to have a really good one. He died years ago when he had a heart attack and rolled his dozer off a slate dump. Still miss him.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

There's not a lot of good shine like there used to be. The sons of shiners grew dope and the grandsons cook meth. Most floating around is shit sugar liquor.

I live not too far from Franklin Co. Virginia, home to the Bondurant Brothers. A rough bunch, there was a movie about them.

Bondurant Brothers - Prohibition (Franklin County Virginia)
    bakinne.weebly.com/bondurant-brothers.html
    the Bondurant brothers were found at the center of Franklin county moonshine. A man by the name of Sherwood Anderson began to research about the men who had such a reputation and found records of all kinds. The conspiracy eventually led to the finding that the Bondurant brothers were indestructible and untouchable.

Have a quart of cherry infused moonshine that has been in my fridge for at least 10 years. Was given to me by a buddy for my bday. It has been opened, but it just chills on the back of the top shelf.

Makes me wonder of its still any good...

Have a quart of cherry infused moonshine that has been in my fridge for at least 10 years. Was given to me by a buddy for my bday. It has been opened, but it just chills on the back of the top shelf.

Im betting its as good as the day it went in. Only one way to find out. Keep us posted.

I suggest making sure all your account passwords are changed, put your wallet away, and don't log in to the SHPX. LOL

All the "tv shows" talk and show about adding sugar to the mash (making the mash out of sugar) whereas all the "teachings" don't use sugar at all.

Quite a difference between the 'information' that's out there. When one researches. So's I'm told. ;)

Reactions: Zeroit
    I live not too far from Franklin Co. Virginia, home to the Bondurant Brothers. A rough bunch, there was a movie about them.

Bondurant Brothers - Prohibition (Franklin County Virginia)
    bakinne.weebly.com/bondurant-brothers.html
    the Bondurant brothers were found at the center of Franklin county moonshine. A man by the name of Sherwood Anderson began to research about the men who had such a reputation and found records of all kinds. The conspiracy eventually led to the finding that the Bondurant brothers were indestructible and untouchable.
    That's the county I grew up in and lived in for most of my life. Currently live just south, in Henry County. Most of the family's like the Bondurant and Philpot
    were nice enough folks, until you crossed them. "Jaybird" Philpot was a fairly nasty fella if you got on his bad side. As the story goes, he set a mans house on fire, waited for him to come out, and shot him in the front yard. Philpot was then shot on the courthouse steps in Salem, VA by one of the victims family.

That's the county I grew up in and lived in for most of my life. Currently live just south, in Henry County. Most of the family's like the Bondurant and Philpot
    were nice enough folks, until you crossed them. "Jaybird" Philpot was a fairly nasty fella if you got on his bad side. As the story goes, he set a mans house on fire, waited for him to come out, and shot him in the front yard. Philpot was then shot on the courthouse steps in Salem, VA by one of the victims family.

Sounds like the Patterson family I grew up with in Campbell Co. Rufus and 'Doc' were moonshiner's and grave diggers. They were digging a grave one hot afternoon, got to drinking and fighting, and Doc chopped Rufus's head off with the shovel. ?

Reactions: kindabitey
    I went to a yard sale in NH and was checking out items for sale in the detached garage when I noticed the jars on a cabinet shelf. I was offered to a glass, which I graciously accepted.

Nothing like a jar of shine to remind you that NH straddles the width of the Appalachian chain. They might talk a bit funny, but they've got a lot in common with other Appalachian folks.

Wish I had a still now. It would be perfect time to run a batch or 2.

Got a couple of Masons jars in the cupboard, just beacause..... Don’t remember where
    I got it, most likely due to one of the jars being down to half full.

• Haha
    McCreary County Kentucky. That’s where my Granpa used to make it. They called him Old Man Oscar. I had some my Uncle made. Its long gone now and he’s dead.

I like how these fuckers can grow dope with no consequences in this state but if I made shine they would hang me.

Had a jar of shine (along with who knows what else) at a party I threw one night. Apparently I put a whole bowl of macaroni salad down the garbage disposal at 4AM (not sure why????) and woke up the next afternoon with one fucked up kitchen sink....

• Haha
    In the mid 1970's my friends father gave us a jar and said be careful when he handed it to me.

I thought since it came all the way from Kentucky in a mason jar was why I was told to be carefull as it was rare in Texas.

As he watched me the next morning pour a cup of coffee in a tiny stream out of the vent hole of the pot for a solid minute plus, he said I thought I told you to be carefull.

I told him we didn't spill a drop.
    The jar was empty.

I have not drank shine since.

Buffalo Trace sells white dog. It is the pure un-aged distillate.
    I have a small bottle, it's not my favorite.

The very best I ever had was peach. It was made by a gentleman from Virginia who had the recipe handed down through the family. Smooth as silk. It came with a warning "don't mistake its kindness for weakness". I've seen it lay waste to some very accomplished drinkers. One guy was drinking some I believe he said "this ain't nothing" when he stood up he fell flat on his face I mean flat no arms out ,skinned up nose on the carpet. There were many other examples of its potency . I remember waking up in the morning feeling like I had a bee hive going on in my head. Absolutely the best liquor I ever had. Hmm.. cant wait for peaches to come in season now.

Did it come from Willy that owned the print shop in Newport?
    He's gone now, so is the shop. ☹
    A friend's dad knew whoever it was, not me. We'd get there around dark and meet the guy, then crappy fish the lake. That was early to mid 90's.

The very best I ever had was peach. It was made by a gentleman from Virginia who had the recipe handed down through the family. Smooth as silk. It came with a warning "don't mistake its kindness for weakness". I've seen it lay waste to some very accomplished drinkers. One guy was drinking some I believe he said "this ain't nothing" when he stood up he fell flat on his face I mean flat no arms out ,skinned up nose on the carpet. There were many other examples of its potency . I remember waking up in the morning feeling like I had a bee hive going on in my head. Absolutely the best liquor I ever had. Hmm.. cant wait for peaches to come in season now.

The best moonshine as @Maggot said,.... Franklin County, VA.

I have had drank enough moonshine to know which is the best. My last batch given to me was from WV... Mingo County... whoa boy... it tasted like it was distilled through a radiator... with the anti-freeze still in it.... Nope. Nope. and Nope.

Now, the best commercial Moonshine is SugarLands. It is distilled 5 times then mixed with Flavors if you prefer.

The wife is a shiner-aholic. That's all she drinks now. Several times, my neighbors have rang the doorbell with her in tow on both shoulders asking me if I lost this..... and like he says., don't drink from the jar!!!

Great stuff!!!

• Haha
    Had a jar of shine (along with who knows what else) at a party I threw one night. Apparently I put a whole bowl of macaroni salad down the garbage disposal at 4AM (not sure why????) and woke up the next afternoon with one fucked up kitchen sink....

See posts #2 and 7 above, LOL.

Both built in Ohio, along with the condensing towers, had to order a new one because somebody (not me) forgot to flood the tank and turn on the circulation pump prior to running, tank was imploded.

This is really good.....to good actually!

Attachments

• 90925271_10218243278886741_1887011757151485952_n.jpg
      90925271_10218243278886741_1887011757151485952_n.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 16
    • Haha
    Reactions: Zeroit and Maggot
    All the "tv shows" talk and show about adding sugar to the mash (making the mash out of sugar) whereas all the "teachings" don't use sugar at all.

Quite a difference between the 'information' that's out there. When one researches. So's I'm told. ;)
    You sir are correct, if you have to add sugar to corn mash you are doing something wrong with the fermentation process.

Only one time did we add sugar, making grappa had 3500 # of what was supposed to be Georgia peaches, we recieved white peaches with almost no sugars or starches.
    Fucking disaster from the time I unloaded the truck.