• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

White Oak Armament AR barrels

local4fitter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2013
I'm looking to put a new barrel on one of my ar's. It will be a dedicated coyote rifle. Saw White Oak Armament online. I haven't heard of them, but their prices seem reasonable. Has anybody here used their barrels? If so could you let me know what you think of them. I was looking at their 16" stainless match with Wylde chamber. The 18" is 3 months out and my longest shot here in MA is 300 yds. Thanks Doug

Holliger builds good stuff. Barrels are button rifled, but very good. I use them.

I have a complete WOA 18" Varmint upper 1 in 7" twist that will be full length fluted on order to put on my Colt LE6920 M4 lower which has a Geissele SSA-E trigger. I decided on it because of all the good recommendations I got on this chat room. They are supposed to be as accurate as any other.

Attachments

• WOA UPPER .jpg
    WOA UPPER .jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 31
  • WOA 18%22 UPPER .jpg
    WOA 18%22 UPPER .jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 55
  • woa 18%22 photo .jpg
    woa 18%22 photo .jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Holliger builds good stuff. Barrels are button rifled, but very good. I use them.

^^ THIS!! ^^ John has forgotten more about quality ARs, especially barrels, than many will ever know. I have run all manner of WOA barrels from the 16" you are looking at through their 20" SDM/SAM-R barrels and they are all incredible values for precision-minded ARs.

I'm looking to put a new barrel on one of my ar's. It will be a dedicated coyote rifle. Saw White Oak Armament online. I haven't heard of them, but their prices seem reasonable. Has anybody here used their barrels? If so could you let me know what you think of them. I was looking at their 16" stainless match with Wylde chamber. The 18" is 3 months out and my longest shot here in MA is 300 yds. Thanks Doug

If its the 16" mid-length Match, .223 Wylde shoot me a PM...I know where you can have one RIGHT NOW if you really want to go that route with the only wait being the time it takes to ship it to you from in-stock inventory. I'd post the link, but the vulture may pick the bones clean before you can have a taste! ;)

I recently finished building a rifle using a WOA 16" mid-length gas barrel, 1/7 twist, wylde chamber. Only had a chance to put about 70 rounds through it so far, but it shoots great so far. With 69gr SMK's and around 25gr Varget the best 5 shot group is just a hair under .6" center to center at 100 yards. I got mine for about $260 shipped and wouldn't hesitate to get another one. PM me if you need a link to the source, probably the same one ORD has in mind.

I hope they shoot too, I just got an 18" SPR rifle length gas system from them waiting to be put together.

Well I guess it's unanimous. So I ordered the 16" WOA tonight. Should be here in a week. I will have to try out your load Gator. Thanks for all the replies. Doug

Well I guess it's unanimous. So I ordered the 16" WOA tonight. Should be here in a week. I will have to try out your load Gator. Thanks for all the replies. Doug

Try a ladder test from minimum load and increase each by 1 tenth grain up to maximum load. Sight in with factory bullets at 100 yds. then while holding each shot on the bullseye for "EVERY" shot shooting from the minimum load in order up to maximum load. Some where there will be 3 to 5 shots in a very small group. Choose the powder charge in the middle shot of "THAT" group and that will be your accuracy load. If you are careful it will work the first time and you will only shoot about 16 times.

I have done this many times over the years and it WORKS.

Last edited:
Try a ladder test from minimum load and increase each by 1 tenth grain up to maximum load. Sight in with factory bullets at 100 yds. then while holding each shot on the bullseye for "EVERY" shot shooting from the minimum load in order up to maximum load. Some where there will be 3 to 5 shots in a very small group. Choose the powder charge in the middle shot of "THAT" group and that will be your accuracy load. If you are careful it will work the first time and you will only shoot about 16 times.

I have done this many times over the years and it WORKS.
I will do that. Thank you

I don't have much to add to the discussion, but I've got one of WOA's 1:7 20" SDM barrels and have been VERY pleased with it thus far, but am only about 80 rounds in.

You will be pleased with your barrel. I have purchased a few barrels from WOA as well as having some work done, WOA is top notch.

I received my new WOA 16" .223 Wylde chamber barrel last week. I put it on my new upper with a Midwest Industries Gen2 SS 15" handguard. It looks and feels awesome. I worked up a load with Varget powder, 69 gr. SMK's, Lake City brass, and CCI primers (want to try match primers). Started at 24 grains and worked up to 25.3 in .3 increments. Every load shot good. Every load shot at or under 1", smallest being .75". I have a Leupold V-1 3-9 power mounted and the reticle is rather thick and totally covered the 3/4" circle at 100 yds. Inexpensive scope but I think it's fine for hunting coyotes here in the northeast where shots longer than 300 yds. are rare. Very happy with the barrel so far. Doug

^^ GOOD DEAL! ^^

Glad you got in installed and are already out shooting. Sounds like you've gotten some promising results thus far...keep after it!

WOA has a huge following with the service rifle competitors. Expect long lead times for uppers. Mine was over a year, but well worth it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a MEGA billet build with a WOA barrel and I hate to admit it but it shoots just as well as my Noveske.....I'm sure it's limited by "operator skill" or lack thereof, but that has been my experience.

I have 3 now but have had a total of 6 Noveske barrels (some SS and some CL)and none have shot as good as a RRA CHROME moly barrel I bought used for $150. Not saying much for Noveske barrels that's why I don't bother with them anymore. I know others have great "luck" with them. A good barrel is a good barrel no matter what it costs. WOA does have an excellent reputation.

WOA has a great reputation. There was 6 month wait for my complete 24" varmint upper in .223. Although I've only taken it out twice,
it shoots as well as my RRAs. Sub MOA with quality commercial ammo. Very nice barrels.

Have the WOA 16" middy as well. Outshoots me with 75gr match (I'm MOA on a good day so, shrug), does well with 55gr and 60gr as well. Doesn't seem to like 62gr XM855 much. I will probably pick up one of their 20" heavy barrels in the future once i finish other projects. I don't think you can beat the quality and accuracy for the money.

I thought this was interesting. I worked up a load using Sierra's loading manual and 69 gr. Sierra match king over Varget. 25.3 grs. gave me an average velocity for five shots @2748 fps out of the 16" WOA barrel. The manual data says 25.3 grs. @ 2750 out of a 20" Colt H-Bar barrel. My barrel is 4 inches shorter. I thought that load would have been a bit slower. I'm not complaining, it just didn't make sense with everything I've read about shorter barrels = slower velocity. Any thoughts? Doug

I have been told by a reputable local source that there are more WOA barrels on SEAL TEAM guns than Noveske, Rainer or the others put together...the fact that you just about cant get one speaks loudly too...

WOA makes great AR barrels. I've got one now, and I'll get another for my next build. Best you can buy at the pricepoint, IMHO.

I received my new WOA 16" .223 Wylde chamber barrel last week. I put it on my new upper with a Midwest Industries Gen2 SS 15" handguard. It looks and feels awesome. I worked up a load with Varget powder, 69 gr. SMK's, Lake City brass, and CCI primers (want to try match primers). Started at 24 grains and worked up to 25.3 in .3 increments. Every load shot good. Every load shot at or under 1", smallest being .75". I have a Leupold V-1 3-9 power mounted and the reticle is rather thick and totally covered the 3/4" circle at 100 yds. Inexpensive scope but I think it's fine for hunting coyotes here in the northeast where shots longer than 300 yds. are rare. Very happy with the barrel so far. Doug

This is the scope I got and for the price it is great. I got it here on sale for $174 with free shipping. It is crystal clear with very good contrast. You can easily see your bullet holes at 100 + yds. The turret clicks are almost as good as my Vortex PST FFP MOA 6-24x50mm scope. They also return to the aiming point time after time.

BUSHNELL 4.5-18X40 BDC RETICLE TARGET AR-SCOPE | Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore

Attachments

• M4 new rings .JPG
    M4 new rings .JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
To Op post results when you get things worked out :)

I personally have 4 and the 5th on the way. All built by WOA and super shooters! 2 are 6.8 SPC in different barrel lenghts and three .223 Rem. They all shoot about 1.5 MOA @ 200 yards no issue. If you get the builds form WOA directly then the wait time comes in effect. To me personally it was never an issue.

Hello. I realize my reply is a bit late and comparable to comparing apples to oranges.

In my quest to build a handicapped friendly long range AR, I opted to acquire a WOA 26" Match Upper for a Bushmaster lower I had on hand. This upper has a 1:8" Douglas 26" barrel. I use 77 gr SMKs for 600 yard prone matches, and hot loads for 80 gr SMKs and 85 gr Barnes Match Burners with loads Sierra recommended. I had a BSA 8-32 Platinum target scope that I threw on the rifle. This original project was modified to be an F class rifle when accident injuries limited my physical ability to shoot with a sling.

Performance-wise, this rifle is shooting better than I ever imagined. Keeping in mind I am learning to cope with my limitations, this rifle is shooting consistently 185-190. I feel that scores will improve with more attention to my handloads. I placed my order in Aug of 2012 and took delivery in early December of 2012. The wait was worth it, in my opinion. I am tempted to order a replacement barrel and bolt or 2, I am that happy with their upper.