• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision White Phos pvs27-30?

Reload10

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2018
I thought I read on here that someone was doing wp tubes in a 27 or 30. A shooting buddy let me look through his pvs30 on a mk4 spotter and the contrast really sucked for me. I'm red/green color blind so that is probably why. I don't have any friends with white phos tubes to compare to.

So finally to my questions
-is anyone putting white tubes in clip ons?
-for those of you that are color blind, did the white tubes help?

Thanks

Knights offers the newer PVS-30 with white phosphor but i think they are using thin film

Yes we are about to offer WP filmless tubes in pvs-27s.

Testing is complete with the first one that we’ve built and we will hopefully have a dedicated thread here today or tomorrow. The thread will contain Available options, prices, lead times and warranty details.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me here or give me a call direct.

Thanks,
Jay

Yes we are about to offer WP filmless tubes in pvs-27s.

Testing is complete with the first one that we’ve built and we will hopefully have a dedicated thread here today or tomorrow. The thread will contain Available options, prices, lead times and warranty details.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me here or give me a call direct.

Thanks,
Jay

Sounds awesome. Thank you.

Nice ha. How much did it run? Is the stock tube a normal pvs14 manual gain tube? Are they able to salvage it?

No official price yet. Jay will post those details soon in a dedicated thread here. Tube is stock, and I would assume pricing depends upon whether or not you let SSNV keep the tube or demand it be returned. Jay will fill in those blanks.

I believe the tube is a standard F9815 manual gain 11769 with halo >1.0 to help mitigate recoil damage (according to Jay).

I hope they Jay can reliably salvage them, as they are great tubes and have real value, but it’s not a deal-breaker for me if they can’t.

Jay, is it 50bmg safe?
I’m going to say no. At least not with the tubes I’m wanting to put in them. I guess if a fella wants to upgrade to a WP tube and he plans to run it on a magnum, I could put a high halo Elbit in one. I’ve seen several of the Elbit tubes have 1.1-1.2 halos. But the L3 filmless tubes typically hover around .7-.8 halo.

Would the L3’s handle BMG? Dunno, don’t think anyone’s tried it yet but if I had to guess Horta will give it a go! Haha

Jay

E9CD9842-E542-4D16-A111-40EAEC34DF8D.jpeg

Pee on them. It’ll loosen things up a bit and they’ll slide right out.
you sound like youre speaking from experience.
It’s coming very soon pal, sorry for the delay.

Jay
might of already been asked, and if it has, ill take my lashings. and ill take them with my eyes open.
Can you change the tube on a pvs30 in the same way youre working on upgrading these 27s?

Reactions: TheHorta
you sound like youre speaking from experience.

might of already been asked, and if it has, ill take my lashings. and ill take them with my eyes open.
Can you change the tube on a pvs30 in the same way youre working on upgrading these 27s?
Not going so say yes just yet but I don’t see why not. The first one I can get my hands on that has problems or a bad tube, I’m ripping it apart and giving it a go. So with that being said, if anyone wants a smoking deal on re tubing theirs, let me know!
Jay

Reactions: jwramp
Not going so say yes just yet but I don’t see why not. The first one I can get my hands on that has problems or a bad tube, I’m ripping it apart and giving it a go. So with that being said, if anyone wants a smoking deal on re tubing theirs, let me know!
Jay
Im trying really hard not to buy one, but im so weak... so when it happens Ill likely hit you up.

Reactions: Surgeon_Shooter
Hey Jay, I bought my PVS30 from you a few years ago and am now thinking about a WP tube. My 30 is just sitting the safe since I got the Halo LR so mine might be a good candidate. It’s a good tube with a 1879 FOM so that’s one of my only hang ups.

Jay is working on mine as we speak. I should have it back in a few weeks. Feel like a kid on Christmas waiting at the tree for his parents to get out of bed. Lol.

x2 with the wait on my Andres TigIR-6M. 😋

Reactions: Victor-TNVC
@jwknutson17

I have been using issued PVS-7's, 14's, 10's, 4's among some others. I am also partially color challenged. I never had issues with contrast per say but it would depend on how bad the color blindness is (remember, red on top is stop and I hate the slanted traffic lights). I plan to try out a WP PVS-14.

I have been using issued PVS-7's, 14's, 10's, 4's among some others. I am also partially color challenged. I never had issues with contrast per say but it would depend on how bad the color blindness is (remember, red on top is stop and I hate the slanted traffic lights). I plan to try out a WP PVS-14.

AND your name is Stefan, which is basically the gay spelling of the name “Steve”, so you’ve had that to overcome to. Has the conversion therapy worked?

• Haha
Reactions: Eliteuas
I have a PVS-27 WP straight from FLIR for sale.