• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who’s going shooting tomorrow??

Seed tick

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2018
Need to check some zeros. Set by the campfire, do a little cooking, shoot the shit with a few buddies around same & sip a little whisky. Gonna be a good day!

I burned through 2k rounds of 9 in the past 2 weeks trying to git gud, gonna slow down on my remaining stock unless I can find some good(for the moment) deals at less than 20-ish cents a round.

Reactions: BytorJr
I am nearly hopelessly caught in the middle of far too many projects.

I need to get the shop work done, and then get out to the proving grounds, the old military range at Douglas. The only way to make that happen is to assign priorities, start at the top, work each through to the point where I can't proceed further without getting out to the range; and then moving on to the next priority.

Getting to the range with more than two projects to prove out is turning out to be a clusterf*ck. I therefore stand corrected.

Only when these steps are complete can I proceed to building a proper ammunition stock.

That's not to say there's no stock existing; if I want to deal with 223/5.56 and .30-'06, I'm in the money (Me an' M'Honey). But the fun stuff is square in the middle of a midstream horse change.

This will sort out, and this stay at home thing will probably help. It's just a matter of a lot to do, a lot of time to do it, and sticking to priorities. Thought needs to be expended more before action.

This is all a lesson to me, and it might be one to you, too...

Greg

Last edited:
Going to confirm some 0's and velocities tomorrow for the possible upcoming events. Stress fire drills with the wife also. Wanted her to do them topless but it was a NO GO!!

oz77jan81gv21.png

Going tomorrow to sight-in a couple of rifles and do some handgun drills.

Rooftop Korean rifle #2 good to go-LMT Sharpshooter L129A1 .308- 10 shots total-FGMM 175gr and 4 of some Fiocchi crap to get on paper @25 yds. Had to dial in newly transferred Razor 4.5-27 so it took a few more rounds. Had to come up with new DOPE for 200-300-400 yd steel. In the end 200 ~0.5mil, 300 1.5mil, 400 2.5mil all center hits. Nobody gonna mess with my bodega!

Shot my weekly rifle league target today. 50 shots off the bench at 65 yards with optics. Hostage target. Scored 476/500.

Just donated blood.

Great day.

I lied i guess. Haven’t fired a rifle today. Its been raining all dang day here. Went ahead and made 150 lbs of hamburger meat and pan sausage though. Might shoot a bit tomorrow if the rain slacks off.

Went mid week to re zero after installing new rings in prep for today's match. Today's match was cancelled Thursday IIRC. Not today and likely not tomorrow.

went today will go again tomorrow and if god is willing I will shoot again on Monday then start the next week pretty much the same and repeat .

Had a good day out shooting today.
AR10 and RPR .308s performed flawlessly.
Only shot them to 300 yds though.
Spent too much time on Scorpion problem.

It was a little windy down range for .223 and .22 rim fire.
Pie plate groups...

My Sig Romeo-5 RDS failed on my 9mm Scorpion Carbine.
3 outings and it now won’t hold center at all.

Handguns were fun.
Lots of Mozambique drills with each different handgun.
Shot better on moving retreat than I did on moving advance drills.
The only bitch about the moving drills is that the brass is scattered for 50 feet!
Rang steel with all of them at 100 yds without issue.
39 out of 40 sent rang....eventually. (Slow flight)

300 yds with them wasn’t nearly as good.
It was more like 1 out of 20 and never mind!

Went to the range today and had a good time. Didn't shoot for shit but it was a nice stress reliever.

Supposed to rain tomorrow. Probably wouldn't go back anyway the gnats are so bad here. They'll pick you up and carry you away.

Off Deep Woods seems to attract these suckers, not get rid of them.

I'm not going to the range for a good while because we just got hit with all these NEW gun owners with shit for brains. Many of these people will be a danger to themselves and others around them. Heck no for range time for me. I'll just dry practice and work on gun handling skills at home!

I'm not going to the range for a good while because we just got hit with all these NEW gun owners with shit for brains. Many of these people will be a danger to themselves and others around them. Heck no for range time for me. I'll just dry practice and work on gun handling skills at home!
My home range actually caters to new shooters to teach them properly how to handle guns. Very hands on with new shooters to provide a safe, fun way to learn.

NJ just decreased the list of what can stay open and shooting ranges didn't make the list.

Battle Sight Zeroed my new-to-me M1Garand Service Grade with help from a guy who knows old rifles way better than I ever will.

Going back tomorrow to break in the new-to-me CZ Shadow and P226 Tacops a bit.

I stupidly volunteered to be an RSO at our local range. Had a great time and got a few minutes to send some myself. We're open to the public on Sat only, rest the week it's members only.

It was an absolutely beautiful day to shoot here! Here is my newest POS that won't feed, gonna have to send it to someone soon, and have that remedied.
AH8kt1m.jpg

I have a match and then have to test 3 loads in .44 mag, and 3 loads in .223 as I was just notified our private range is closing due to COVID-19 per Governor's Mandate. The same individual that wants to disarm the state. :mad:

Went today. Sighted two optics sort of in. Only had time for 25 yard zero. Definitely a bit disappointed in my wheeler scope boresighter.

I also brushed up pistol again.

then the RTV (range transport vehicle) broke as I was leaving. So no range tomorrow.

Shot today, was a last minute ordeal. Went well. Took out some people who want to buy an ar so i showed them some differences. Went well. A rifle i had an issue with last year i got resolved, although it never should have had an issue. Glad to be shooting it again with flawless results.

My usual day. It was the 308’s turn today at 655 yards. Shit wind call on my part (more wind than called) blew me off the downwind edge just a bit. I held for a 10 mph wind at 9 o’clock, and it was 12 mph. Next 5 were impacts, wind coming back to my original call of 10 mph. Fundamentals were good, just a poor wind estimation. Live and learn ??‍♂️

I wish. We cant seem to break the shitty weather in sector 7. More rain and cold. Only been a day or 2 of decent weather in past 2 weeks.

I went yesterday for the 1st time this year, and heading to my favorite 2nd amendment theme park within the hour. My job is shut down until April 18th due to the Corona virus, so lots of free time to send lead downrange!

Beautiful day yesterday behind the House. Challenging wind gusts for my youngest n I with a 5.56 and .308. Got both their new scopes dialed on paper then steel at 250 and 550.
After about 10 rds a damn herd of Elk barrelled outta a draw right behind us by about 80 yds. They had no idea where the pop was coming from till they hit the road. Then it was assholes n elbows into the reprod and down another draw.?

20200321_174552.jpg
20200321_162532.jpg
20200321_145708.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful day yesterday behind the House. Challenging wind gusts for my youngest n I with a 5.56 and .308. Got both their new scopes dialed on paper then steel at 250 and 550.
After about 10 rds a damn heard of Elk barrelled outta a draw right behind us by about 80 yds. They had no idea where the pop was coming from till they hit the road. Then it was assholes n elbows into the reprod and down another draw.?

View attachment 7279197View attachment 7279198View attachment 7279199
I envy you... That looks like the land back in Tn where I used to shoot.

I did get in some load work yesterday on a 3yr old "new" rifle. Work has slowed down for us also, so I'm hoping next weekend will be in the cards as well.

Reactions: 1J04
Gotta try the rounds I loaded last night. I bought an 1894 Winchester chambered in .32 Winchester Special. It was made in 1901. It's been a safe queen for a few years, but I just got an itch to shoot it. View attachment 7278734View attachment 7278736

Lowest powder charge was half way decent at 100yds considering the sights. 2nd and 3rd hit sideways. I'll play with the charge and try again. It was fun to shoot though.

Made some time Sunday afternoon for some .223.

32220.jpg

322201.jpg

322202.jpg

Might be time for a cleaning, more likely not a good shooter day, opening up a little bit.....

322203.jpg

Spent a gorgeous but chilly afternoon at Thunder Valley Precision. 90 rounds of 308 178 ELD-X expended between prone and positional drills from 200 to 1000 yards.

Got a shipment of 9 mm bullets and primers coming in between today and tomorrow, will be set on that front for at least the next 4 - 5 months.

I'm going to do some scope mounting, some gun cleaning, and some ammo reloading. Being in the high risk cohort, I'll maintain solitude and get ready for the season...when it finally starts.

Harry

If the rain breaks I may drag a few guns out tomorrow. Need to brushhog the range though