• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who bought up all the Federal Primers??

ColbyLang

Sergeant, Smart Ass, and general know it all
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2012
Louisiana
Trying to place my order for reloading supplies. Me and BIL grouped all of our stuff together to cut down on the HAZMAT charge from UPS. Buy our powder and bullets, go to buy primers....none to be had. Tried a few other sites, same issue. Does anyone know what the deal is? Everyone seems to be out. Backorder allowed, but no clue when they are coming in. BTW, looking for Federal #215 Large Rifle Mag

Re: Who bought up all the Federal Primers??

The "Assault Weapon Buying Frenzy" has cleared ammo off the shelves or driven prices to almost double what they were. Cheapest that I can find .223/5.56 is over .50 per round, with a lot of it going for .60-.70 per round. .308/7.62 has not been driven up as much, but it is starting to head that way.

As such, the reloaders are gearing up, and components are also disappearing.

I hate to encourage panic buying, but if you can find it, you had better get it while you can!

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble. I understand the 5.56/.223 problem, but Large Rifle Magnum Primers too? That's a stretch in my opinion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who bought up all the Federal Primers??</div></div>

Me.

"Who bought up all the Federal Primers??"

I think it was Fred Turner. He told me he was and I begged him not to but ....?

I think what has happened is that all of the newbs that went out buying $2000 ARs also decided that they were going to become hand loaders. I don't really feel like there will be a ban or reloading components, but the panic buyers have cleaned it out.

I just bought winchester primers because nothing else is anywhere to be found from what I seen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who bought up all the Federal Primers??</div></div>

Me. </div></div>

As well as those who snatched up all the rest of the primers as well.

Here we go again.

Bruno had a lot last week. Try him?

I was at bass pro a week ago and primers shelf was stripped except for a few boxes of what I don't use. I have a few thou on hand though.

The bullets and powder and brass was still fairly stocked. Although no 175 SMK's or so e others. No Varget but had RL15, I bought some imr4064, love that stuff.

I'm glad I stocked up on primers (Fed. GM 205M, 210M, 215M, Wolf Lg R, Sm R Magnum) and powder (H4831SC, H1000, Retumbo) 3-4 months ago.

The hoarding is getting completely out of control.

JeffVN

Difficulty finding federal primers on a consistent basis was why I switched over to cci-br2 primers. Oddly accuracy improved,so I quit trying to find 210, or 210m primers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NSO123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what has happened is that all of the newbs that went out buying $2000 ARs also decided that they were going to become hand loaders. I don't really feel like there will be a ban or reloading components, but the panic buyers have cleaned it out. </div></div>

The ammo is gone or prices are nukular... gotsta buy components ifn you want to shoot.

OP...Get on it or cry:

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/m...ategory_Code=29

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DavidAR10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The ammo is gone or prices are nukular... gotsta buy components ifn you want to shoot.

OP...Get on it or cry:

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/m...ategory_Code=29 </div></div>

I ordered from them a week or so ago... I think you meant to say "get on it and cry." They hit me with $50 in fees for 3000 primers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DavidAR10</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NSO123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what has happened is that all of the newbs that went out buying $2000 ARs also decided that they were going to become hand loaders. I don't really feel like there will be a ban or reloading components, but the panic buyers have cleaned it out. </div></div>

OP...Get on it or cry:

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/m...ategory_Code=29 </div></div>

I have my brass, powder, and bullets in hand. Was trying to locate a couple of thousand primers. Thanks to the guys who offered places to find them. We were attempting to combine our entire order to not get fucked on the HazMat deal.

I know prices are through the nose. That's why I reload. I ain't paying $3-$4 per shot out of my .280AI for factory loads.