• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who do I talk to?

Doc68

I'm an asshole....
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2014
    USA
    Ok here's my situation. Looking to buy a bolt for my R700 SA 308. Here's my wants:

Fluted bolt
    Tactical/oversized bolt lift
    M-16 extractor

I want to do business with a manufacturer/gun smith from this forum. Thanks.

Do you currently have a bolt? If so, why not have it modified?

Would that be cheaper? Plus I wouldn't mind having a spare laying around. Problem is there really isn't too many gunsmiths in my area. I like to do business with smaller shops and such. Also since I only have one LD gun I really don't want to have that much down time.

Try PTG. Here's a link to what you're looking for. You're still gonna have to have someone set the headspace for you.

L

Last edited:
    Try PTG. Here's a link to what you're looking for. You're still gonna have to have someone set the headspace for you.

L

Yeah that's the issue. I don't know of any gunsmiths in my area. I didn't know bolts had to be head spaced. Go and flame me now! I thought it was just the barrel when you put a new one onto an action.

look up boltfluter here on the hide, I dont know how to do the damned link thing. he does good work and fast turn around time.

Go and flame me now! I thought it was just the barrel when you put a new one onto an action.

Hell Doc, I didn't know a damn thing about headspace when I started this pursuit of precision either.

L