• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has horrible office Christmas parties?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Friend of mine told me that they were all scheduled to be out of the office today from like 1130 to 130pm for their office holiday party. They're all going to some restaurant, nothing special, together, with a limit of how much they can spend lol

And then going back to work afterwards.

What?

Reminds me of the retarded level my wife's Christmas party has arrived at over the last years. At first, all of the group got together and went to some fancy restaurant on a Friday night and someone pulled the company card out at the end. This devolved into going to cheaper places and eventually came to a head 2 years ago when we went to this middle of the road place and had dinner, only to receive a text an hour after leaving that our share of the bill was $X.

We thought it was a joke and laughed; mind you, this is a group of physicians, some of which are multiple-specialized. Nope. They were dead serious.

Last time we went.

Right here!

World wide CNC machine tool builder and grilled steaks at work for lunch and back to work, they originally wanted to cater in el cheapo lasagna.

Something is something don't get me wrong but given the caliber of the company could've been nicer.

My gf's was last Saturday at the queen Marie ship, got everyone a hotel room there. Was pretty legit. Then again my Companys party just brought everyone out to a brewery and gave out drink tokens lol

I stopped going to company Christmas parties a long time ago. I refuse to spend my personal time with people I don't like and there is always drama and too many drunk people that cannot talk to you unless they are a half inch from your face.

I spend enough time thinking and talking about work when I'm at work. I do my own things on my time off, couldn't be bothered to spend time around a bunch of co-workers on my time off, unless it's around the people I actually want to be around.

No thank you to company Christmas parties, they already suck enough of my time and soul away from me as is.

Just avoided mine this morning. It's really gone down hill. Last few times were a nice dinner and drinks. This time they wanted us to take un-paid time off from our work day to have breakfast at a Cafe.

Nah, I'm good.

Why would you spend more time with the people you work with outside of what is absolutely necessary? I'd rather just use the time to work so I could get more time with family.

Reactions: Mwalex and kthomas
    Since I dimed out the female supervisor "drunk as F$$$.." going around slapping men on the ass it seems as my wife's work has shifted their version of "party" to a luncheon.

Now guys...this wasn't the woman you wanted drunk AND slapping you on the ass.......trust me I saved you therapy time.

Friend of mine told me that they were all scheduled to be out of the office today from like 1130 to 130pm for their office holiday party. They're all going to some restaurant, nothing special, together, with a limit of how much they can spend lol

What?

Reminds me of the retarded level my wife's Christmas party has arrived at over the last years. At first, all of the group got together and went to some fancy restaurant on a Friday night and someone pulled the company card out at the end. This devolved into going to cheaper places and eventually came to a head 2 years ago when we went to this middle of the road place and had dinner, only to receive a text an hour after leaving that our share of the bill was $X.

We thought it was a joke and laughed; mind you, this is a group of physicians, some of which are multiple-specialized. Nope. They were dead serious.

Last time we went.

LOL, fuck...

Reactions: Dewey7271
    Why would you spend more time with the people you work with outside of what is absolutely necessary? I'd rather just use the time to work so I could get more time with family.

That's what my wife always said. She used to just go with me because we didn't want to be the only ones from the group not there. But when you literally text her an hour after eating that our portion of dinner, which we were invited to, was $X amount (the super pathetic thing was it wasnt even expensive lol) she and quite a few of the other people who realized they all individually bill a few million dollars a month, don't need to participate in this level of shitshow from a hospital that didn't even want to cover dinner.

On the other side, one of the things I miss about working for a DoD contractor (in the office after I did PMC rotations for a sister company) was that our Christmas parties were crazy and fun. We'd always go somewhere and basically don't drive home drunk. Hell, I had a Mad Men style setup in my office with liquor displayed on a table, ice bucket and glasses with 2 chairs by it that I'd sip on or offer to people in meetings. The best one was the look on the face of the guy who was our insurance rep and he couldn't figure out if this was bad or it just became the greatest day of his life. Fridays some of us would stay and drink in the office from various 'liquor sources' and/or send someone to the liquor store down the road to bring shit back for us to all try.

For the guy that mentioned a BBQ, one day someone randomly brought a grill to work and said he bought it for the office and we were going to start randomly having hotdogs and hamburgers for lunch on some days lol. Just like that; no retarded emails to HR asking about fire code or whatever bullshit, no asking if it was ok or begging for hot dog money or making sure someone wasn't allergi to pork, or smoke....just a grill that we all now used multiple times a week and had a random fucking BBQ for absolutely no reason at all. Morale at that place was always high and people loved it, and it showed - there was no whining, or complaining or not being able to do something, or excuses, nothing. I was actually sad to leave when we had to move across country.

The sterlie bullshit I see now at most peoples' work is fucking depressing.

Last edited:
    I used to bring in a small bbq and myself and teammates would take turns cooking dinners, whilst working the 12 hr nightshifts. The smell of the cooking venison/moose/elk/lamb/grouse/pheasant/owl (ok, maybe not owl) ;) always wafted up through the sawmill and drove the labourers nutso.

At Christmas, we'd go 'all-out'. The above was just how we did nightshifts.

What?

Last time we went.
    Did you text back "go be poor somewhere else"?

@TheGerman how depressing a bunch of rich assholes bill out the meal for the employees. What a way to suck the moral out of your team. We always dole out year end bonus and raises then go out and pick up the tab for a nice meal and drinks for everyone and pay for the Uber ride home for our team. We all drag ass the next day but we do it together.

Our company chiseled away at it until they finally just quit pretending. Sad, too, because their name is on a nfl football stadium. Fucking slimey cocksuckers.

Still, i kinda feel like i am winning. Hate the company-love my co workers. We usually do our own parties....fuck corporate dickbags.

Due to the actions of one person I no long associate with coworkers outside of work. That being said we have a holiday party every year... in the middle of January. It’s always downtown in the liberal crap hole and I’d rather not have my car stolen while I associate with people I work with while not getting paid.

The sterlie bullshit I see now at most peoples' work is fucking depressing.

**This

The fun has absolutely left the workplace. Too many assholes suing companies for dumb shit because they want free money and don't want to work have ruined a lot of things.

The work environment just sucks now, even the parties.

We always had great Christmas parties...away from the office. I'd wear a tux and the wife would put on something illegal in 14 states. Had a bunch of young hotties that woud do the same. Great fun. Now I work for me, so my Christmas party is every night after work. :cool:

Hate it for y’all. Finally able to go for a bike ride today, from Saturday’s Xmas party hangover.

Last edited:
    We have two, one in Indy for both locations and a little more classy. Then us up in the Fort have our own, rent one of the big suites at a K's game and more booze than we can filter. I actually have a good time at ours, never go down to Indy for the whole company party.
    My wife on the other hand has awful parties.

Used to get a weekend at a resort with catered dinners. Only thing was you bought your own booze. Hotel had a hot springs with pools and hot tubs to hangout, drink, and stare at titties.

Next company was here's a bonus, get home and have a few days off. Took the 22nd to the 2nd or more off.

Now I have a party every time I think about how I'm not at either place anymore.

I liked most of my coworkers. But, being in construction, we would only have maybe 2-3 HR/secretary types. The rest of them would be guys you wore a toolbelt along side and it was a competition to see who could drink the most beer and stay coherent. It was always the management that ended up doing the naked crash in the bushes before we were done. That was followed by lots of shit talking for the next year to see who the next recipient was.

My company Christmas party was fun. Rented a ball room at the Marriott. Had badass food and free alcohol. most of the employees and several clients and subs attended with spouses and or dates. Everyone there actually wanted to be there and be around each other. Between 200 and 250 were there. Cant wait for next year.

Work parties are almost always stupid these days.

When I worked corporate jobs I would rarely attend company parties or picnics, etc.
    I spent my whole day with those people. I really never saw the need to give them more of my time.

I went to my wife's corporate party about 15 years ago. Same thing.
    Haven't been to another one and neither has she.
    In fact, now her office parties have devolved into a bit of an inside joke around their offices.
    One of the newbies was telling the seasoned workers how excited she was about the upcoming Christmas party. The elders were making all kinds of quips about it, and she was clueless.
    The day after the party she came back and told some of them that she'd never been so uncomfortable or felt so out of place in her life, surrounded by the people she works with every day.

Ditto, at least for me, on school reunions.
    I have made it point to remain friends and in touch with a few of the people I went to school with, and I have equally made a concerted effort to not stay in touch with many others. Deciding whether or not to be in their presence and they in mine for a few hours every ten years is something I don't have to give much thought.

Yes, some small shops with good people who get along have some great parties. The general barometer is whether or not the company has a dedicated HR director. They ruin everything.

We had our gathering Monday night. Just employees, no spouses.
    Private room at an upscale restaurant. Food and drinks covered between admin and our medical director.
    Food was delicious, drinks were as well.

I had sat down and the loudmouth and overgrown mrs sasquatch raging leftist sat next to me a bit later.
    I impressed myself with my ability to keep my thoughts to myself and be polite and civil. Perhaps a small miracle was involved....

I love Christmas. Sharing a celebration of it with folks who want to talk shit about my way of life and my deepest beliefs is a little hard.
    I did get a gift of a nice bottle of red wine and a bottle of Prosecco.

The last Christmas party I went to was a joke. I’ll never go to another one. When we got there we had to put our car keys in a goldfish bowl at the door. But it wasn’t because of the serving of alcohol, because there wasn’t any. The HR dept didn’t want anyone driving in case they got too dizzy playing Twister...

Any who.... I’m really hoping I get hired on as the facilities engineer at Blackout Tours. I bet the Christmas parties there are the bomb. Once that happens I will reconsider my personal banning of company Christmas parties.

• Haha
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    I work for a company that has many what we call virtual connected colleagues, meaning we work from home when not on the road. For years they would allow us to go out with our spouse, GF, whatever and expense up to $200 on a nice dinner . That was the best. The GF and I would go out to a nice place for a steak dinner, order a bottle of wine, etc. and just enjoy a nice night out. Now that that has gone regional holiday parties in January are in. No thanks!

Ours is tonight, in a reception hall in the hospital. "hors d'oeuvres" from the hospital cafeteria. lol

I'm at work anyhow so I am going to drop in long enough to grab my bonus check and disappear.

Sanchez Clause is working on green chile and tamales and burritos and enchiladas and Pico the Guyo for Christmas Eve. and maybe a Chelada or 4 with God only knows who will show up.

Looking forward to it. All are working on it.

3 or more families will show up, as usual, and everyone brings something good.

Good times and we all have either worked with or are working with each other.

The Aussie makes "Angles on Horseback" on the grill. Hard to find good tomatoes here now, but we will have them.

Last edited:
    You wanna know who had a lame holiday party with colleagues? All the businesses in Phoenix that decided to do their Christmas party at Medieval Times. Sure, that place is lame white people central, but holy shit, y’all took it to the next level. Fuckin nerds. Hahahahaha

I took my guys to a strip club and picked up the entire bill. Life sucks for you guys!

I don't go to my company parties. They're mainly for the wives anyways so no point in the men being there when we can be at home drinking beer and playing retro video games.

At one time, it was all on me or my personal spend account anyway, had booze, catered food, games for prizes, rode 4 wheelers and even shot 22lr rifles but as with anything, some one didn't like what was going on so, don't want to pay the lawyers.

This is the #1 problem I see now, someone always gets offended and pushes their offendedness.

At one time, it was all on me or my personal spend account anyway, had booze, catered food, games for prizes, rode 4 wheelers and even shot 22lr rifles but as with anything, some one didn't like what was going on so, don't want to pay the lawyers.

This is the #1 problem I see now, someone always gets offended and pushes their offendedness.
    And it's people such as those who REALLY don't need to be working for you. Just goes to show that they're not really "part of" the company, right?