• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who here has sent a Leupold scope back for warranty issues lately?

30calDeath

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2010
North Idaho
I had to ship my MK6 back yesterday due to a canter reticle. Shipping was almost $45 with insurance through USPS, I'm also having the turrets switched out to the low pro, think they are the M5C2 ones. Curious if I could get Leupold to reimburse me for the shipping and apply that to the $150 to switch out the turrets. Anyone try and get reimbursed for Shipping considering I probably wouldn't have shipped it back if Leupold was on the up and up for QC years back.

I sent a Mark 4 back a few months ago and paid the shipping too. I did not ask for my shipping to be reimbursed. The customer service was great and have no complaints. Doesn't hurt to ask though. I have only had two scope companies pay shipping both ways. They were USO and Burris.

I've sent four back for various failures. Not recently though. Service was always promt, but I don't recall them ever picking up shipping for the optic going to them. Got tired of not trusting optics so the only leupy I have anymore sits on a .22. Good luck. check that reticle for plumb when you get it back.

I sent a Mark 4 back a few months ago and paid the shipping too. I did not ask for my shipping to be reimbursed. The customer service was great and have no complaints. Doesn't hurt to ask though. I have only had two scope companies pay shipping both ways. They were USO and Burris.

I recently had Vortex cover shipping both ways, but it was a new optic I had just purchased.

Well I called Leupold today, they didn't want to cover my shipping/apply the shipping cost to the turret change. I told them that their QC was a known problem and that they let scopes leave Leupold with canted reticle. Customer service said that it never was an issue, told them people in the tactical/competitive shooting world were dumping their Leupolds for other brands. Also said that this customer service interaction would determine if I was to buy another Leupold or not in the future. I asked CS to then speak to their manager and they are going to cover me. I gotta call them Friday and see what's up if they checked my MK6 out and what not. So hopefully they will fix the issue and switch out the turrets from the old M5B2 to the M5C2. Just an update.

Recently had my father in law drop of my Mark 4 spotting scope in Portland. Had it back in 3 weeks, good to go.

Last two Mk 4s that I sent in one broke within a few months again. Never covered shipping or anything for me. All I own now is vortex or nightforce.

HPS/Kahles has paid 2nd day air to/from me. I am not their typical customer, and this is not typical for them, as I understand. YMMV.
I am sending my MK6 back to Leupold for crap on the reticle. I expect to pay shipping.

HPS/Kahles has paid 2nd day air to/from me. I am not their typical customer, and this is not typical for them, as I understand. YMMV.
I am sending my MK6 back to Leupold for crap on the reticle. I expect to pay shipping.

They are covering my shipping, tell them it's their fault the scope left their business that way and they need to make it right, and that this interaction might dictate if you buy from them again. We shouldn't be paying for their fuck ups.

If they give or are trying to give you a hard time ask to speak to their manager.

Bet u a case of beer they say its within spec lol

Mk6 is fixed, reticle was canted, also got the new m5c2 turrets installed, should have scope back in a few days and on gun and sighted in shortly there after. You can PM me to get my address for that case of beer haha.

About to send back a Mk6 for a slight internal binding on the turret turn on exactly the same spot each rev. Was curious about shipping but looks like its going to be on me.

About to send back a Mk6 for a slight internal binding on the turret turn on exactly the same spot each rev. Was curious about shipping but looks like its going to be on me.

If it's from an issue that QC should have caught before it left Leupold I'd bitch and complain and get them to cover shipping.

I'm reminded of the first bar scene from Desparado:

Bartender:"Jeez man, don't people know not to come in here?"

I do have 2 Mk4 MR/Ts. One is a 3-9 from 2006 I bought as a demo model. It sits on my 5.56 Mk12. The other is a 2.5-8 I bought new last month. It sits on the new .22 Mk12. It fell of my rest when I was home and landed on the objective bell, breaking the ARD. Didn't seem to change zero and super glue fixed the ARD. I'll check the tracking when I get home but I'm sure it's fine for what I use it for. I feel your pain though. I got a gen 1 Razor for my SR25 in 2013 because although it isn't 'correct', I like Vortex's warranty program better. It only takes once for a company to waffle on something like that before I declare them Persona Non Grata. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had great luck with Leupold CS. The key is if you hit a wall, go up the ladder and be nice. Honey, over vinegar. I deal with Alan Ransom. He is awesome, a man of action, knows his stuff and most of all cares. By all means mention you are from the Hide.

I have sent several back over the years.
I always pay the shipping to them.
Never a problem with there CS.

I know several people once they buy a Leupold first thing they do is un wrap the scope play around with it a few seconds Box it back up and send to Leupold and tell them it does not track.
When they get it back Leupold says the problem has been detected and taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Itsadryheat
Had two 4.5x14x50 Mk 4's go back 3 times each long ago. I air freighted both back twice, they were returned via air freight, twice each. They finally got them both fixed and I promptly sold both. Yes I still own 4 Leupolds (3 mk 4's, an 1 VX-3) I'd never trade for anything, because for me lite is right.

Mk6 is fixed, reticle was canted, also got the new m5c2 turrets installed, should have scope back in a few days and on gun and sighted in shortly there after. You can PM me to get my address for that case of beer haha.