• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is "essential" ?

Plumbers, electricians, HVAC , and all crafts necessary for the operation of a household are all allowed to travel. Since I have a marine A/C business and have customers who live on their boats, not only do I get to travel, I get to go to the lake everyday. Tough gig but somebody has to do it.

1585087203596.png

Everybody is essential that has a job or that’s why they should have the job. If one isn’t essential why are they employed to begin with? Why is the company in business? Is it a nonessential business? What is A nonessential business?

For people deemed nonessential you can bet your bottom dollar they think they are essential when the bills start rolling in.

At some point work has to start back up and the economy has got to get going again - virus be damned. After 4-6 weeks this game is going to change dramatically if we as a nation are still stuck in this position. Just my 0.02.

Reactions: wh20crazy
I'm essential...ly working from home. Most of my job is done on a computer. I could do 90% of my job from home, but employer wouldn't let us....until now. ?

With all this talk of essential personal being exempt from the stay at home orders, who are they considering "essential" ? I guess as long as the power needs to stay on I'll be employed.
-
What - Who that is essential, is what your local government decides and thinks . Here in our local N.W. corner . Tax Gathering is still #1 .
After the Oregon Gov. had a 'dim' light bulb go off over it's head, with it's Suicide Economics Flu strategy . but now .. All of the sudden has a loving Heart for these establishment and people trying to make a living, after the Governor ( kate brown ) closes these businesses plus a Stay home' Order .

Our Governor, In attempt to still gain profits for State Tax's gathered From these sales . ( bending the Law ) , with No Red Tape, emergency passes Curbside Deliveries legal Now, of all your Alcohol and Weed needs . The Oregon Governor and OLCC with Jack-Boot rule's Oregon with an Iron fist for all, Alcohol, Tobacco, Weed and Gambling, with strictest control of the wholesale, retail, licensing and taxing for all .
-
https://www.kgw.com/article/life/ol...ckup/283-c1171763-c577-400c-b234-9e361d4012ab

https://www.kptv.com/news/marijuana...cle_68483e6c-6cab-11ea-aa58-d705fd071b48.html
-

That would be the first thing and likely last thing I'll agree with that scumbag on. Sure would like to see the fat fuck come down with wuhan while choking on a mouth full broken glass.
Got out of there 20 years ago and not looked back, despite generally liking it. Wife’s family is still there but older. Let’s just say I have zero intentions of being a landlord for any properties left to us.

I deem my wife essential. She can get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich. :) (he says as he's cooking dinner)

At least one of my local gun dealers/ranges will be open, email from them.......

ca7541f0-1f09-4472-a146-5cbaf4d8a461.gif
An Update Regarding COVID-19

Valued Centerfire Members and Customers,

Our country is facing a difficult time and we are all concerned about COVID-19 and the health and safety of everyone. In response to the Stay at Home orders for the KC Metro area I want to personally assure you we will not leave you unprotected or unprepared.

As stated in the orders from KCMO, Johnson County and Wyandotte County a resident may leave their home to perform essential activities.

Essential Activities: To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety or to the health and safety of their family or household members.

Centerfire believes strongly in a constitutional right to protect oneself. We want to encourage you to continue practicing and be prepared to safely protect yourself and your family.

As of Tuesday, March 24th will be suspending our classes and reducing our hours until after the April 24th deadline.

Open range time may be limited in the number of available spots, but the range will remain open for civilian, law enforcement and government agency training.

New hours will be:

Monday – Friday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday NOON – 6:00 PM

Special accommodations can be made for Law Enforcement and Government Agency hours

We are continuing to take steps to minimize the risk of exposure for both staff and clientele. We take pride in the cleanliness of our facility, and extra attention will be applied to regular cleaning, especially in areas that see high volumes of use. Our staff has been directed to engage in frequent hand washing with warm water and soap, as well as adherence to all guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control.

While at Centerfire, we respectfully ask our customers to:
  • Wash your hands with soap and warm water in addition to using the De-Lead wipes provided in the white and blue drums.
  • And most importantly, please stay home if you think you have a compromised immune system or are sick.

The temperature is going to be in the 80's this week. As an HVAC guy I will say that everyone in this business is essential. People would sell their car and their first child to get the A/C working. Not so much for the heat but if the A/C is not working. People get homicidal.

I work from home so nothing changes other than I don't have to visit HQ in San Fran for a bit and my house is full of my wife and kids so I swear a lot more...LOL

Construction is essential in TX. We haven't slowed down at all. If anything we are picking up. No traffic is awesome. other than that it sucks.
Central Houston here. If 59/69 was normally like I saw it today, the burbs, or further out where I hunt, would definitely be a consideration!

Steel Mill is still pumping out steel . We're all fortunate enough to still be working . But , this Social Distancing shit on the job is getting old real fast ! Funny thing is , neighbors know I'm still going to work and treat me like the plegue ! LOL !

Not sure if I am essential or not. Had a chat with the supervisor of the Union Pacific Jenks Shop today...
Me:"Hey, I was wanting to ask you about this letter you're are giving you suppliers. Are we getting one?"
Him:" No, that only applies to suppliers that come on site. We come to you so you won't be getting one."
Me: "And if I am closed who is gonna fix that hydraulic cylinder you are going to bring me and always seem to be in a rush to get back because you need it to get a locomotive put back in service?"
Him: "Uhmmm, let me call you back..."
Me: "Okey dokey."

I think we get our letter tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeftyJason
My hometown LGS is doing drive up business. Designated parking spots, text a number, and wait for their reply to enter the store. Only 3 people allowed in at a time.

I have a letter from my employer and a confirmation from The Government that I am a "Critical Infrastructure Provider"...I have my "Papers" for when they stop me.

I'm designated as Critical Infrastructure but my paycheck says otherwise.

VooDoo

Your papers please.

We are getting a first hand real life look at who actually really cares about freedom, liberty, the constitution, personal choice and personal responsibility and who are the sheep that happily bleat for the strong firm hand of the tyrant to give them the illusion of safety as they all go broke, starve and loose everything to the global banking elites, while of course ganging up on anyone that thinks for themselves.

Interesting how everyone is all happy to have the local gestapo out in force "for the public good".

Well if this is a test run for when the Communists want to fully take power and run your lives down to the smallest part, well it's off to a great start.

Everyone will be happy to have you banned from work and starving because their masters said so.

Part of the defense industrial base. Most 11,000 of us are reporting to site, a few thousand are working from home. First confirmed case last week and over 60 on quarantine but it's business as usual.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Oddly enough, I just got word Los Angeles county is now considering gun stores essential business— they will remain open.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I worked from home back in the 1990's as a systems subcontractor.

One year, I took a contract that required me to be on call 24/7 beside my computer. Not once did I step outside my door for an entire year.

Literally.

This stuff is a yawn.

Greg

My letters from homeland security say I'm good for travel and to purchase fuel through May 28.

They shut us down today. Finishing paper work then going home for at least 2 weeks if not longer.

Son and DIL are both working from home (same company). They can bill all the OT they desire. Essential employees are paid OT for every hour on the clock.