• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Who is in Washington DC or New York City?

Lots of Civil War history that way of course, Bull Run/Manassas is a great one without going too far. Nice and peaceful place in the midst of the cesspool.

Or you can class it up for your wife a bit if she likes that sort of thing, and take her to the symphony at the Kennedy Center Saturday night, tickets are actually pretty cheap, relatively anyhow. http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/index

Reactions: Bender
Lots of Civil War history that way of course, Bull Run/Manassas is a great one without going too far. Nice and peaceful place in the midst of the cesspool.

Or you can class it up for your wife a bit if she likes that sort of thing, and take her to the symphony at the Kennedy Center Saturday night, tickets are actually pretty cheap, relatively anyhow. http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/index

Been to the Kennedy Center many times. could use a bit of refreshing but always a good show.

At DoA....

F66BCD16-DE62-4489-A2CF-253D73FD03E6.jpeg

Reactions: timesublime
We're not convinced you're really there. Same angle, yell Alla Akbar and take another photo.

Did my TSA PreCheck interview there a long while back. Neat building, fucking huge. Unnecessary opulence for me though, and stereotypical cost overruns more than doubling its tab. That's par for the course in .gov construction today, the VA being the worst lately.

Did my TSA PreCheck interview there a long while back. Neat building, fucking huge. Unnecessary opulence for me though, and stereotypical cost overruns more than doubling its tab. That's par for the course in .gov construction today, the VA being the worst lately.
Tax dollars at work yo....

This whole city is the definition of “over run” in every sense of the term.

Bassett’s carved turkey with cranberry sauce was amazing though....

That is the airport for commoners and serfs, you should see Dulles. Sickening, I hate that fucking place and everyone there, bender excepted (for now).

The reflecting pool should be lined on both sides by 300 gallows, the steps can be used as a mass court, with me as judge. that whol city is an existential threat to our republic and needs to be brought down. Dont lose site of the absolute criminality happening there in the FBI< CIA< NSA Congress and at Obama's house even today. You sully yourself even visiting,, unless of course you are a deep state resident on the hide?????

At a certain point it almost seems that without the help of at least one giant asteroid, it might be simpler for the good people to go find a new planet rather than try to clean up this one, there is just way too much killing that would have to be done. A few million no problem, but once you realize it's more of several billion, that gets annoyingly difficult.

The reflecting pool should be lined on both sides by 300 gallows, the steps can be used as a mass court, with me as judge. that whol city is an existential threat to our republic and needs to be brought down. Dont lose site of the absolute criminality happening there in the FBI< CIA< NSA Congress and at Obama's house even today. You sully yourself even visiting,, unless of course you are a deep state resident on the hide?????

Calm down, Francis.

Jefferson monument is my favorite.

Which has my all time favorite quote.

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.”

I saw some poor bicyclist take a plunge in the reflecting pool circa 1989. The amount of discarded syringes in DC was astounding at the time, turns my stomach every time I think about it.

Bender, you're such a tourist. Couldn't resist the lure of the Empire State Building, huh?

Yeah I thought I warned you about that shit ass building scam. They bleed you like leeches and then when you get up near the top, you find out it’s another $50 to go up a few more floors. Fuck them

Yeah I thought I warned you about that shit ass building scam. They bleed you like leeches and then when you get up near the top, you find out it’s another $50 to go up a few more floors. Fuck them
Comped.... tickets were all paid for... it was cool as fuk for a small town boy from Wyoming.. lol

Comped.... tickets were all paid for... it was cool as fuk for a small town boy from Wyoming.. lol

Good to hear. Otherwise, you can go to fifteen different stock pix companies and buy a focused image of the Chrysler Building la nuit.

That is the airport for commoners and serfs, you should see Dulles. Sickening, I hate that fucking place and everyone there, bender excepted (for now).
AJ, if you only knew how many times I've flown through Dulles. I didn't hit over half million flown miles via ATL, I did it via IAD. Everything in NYC area is pure horrible, especially JFK which I believe to be the absolute worst airport ever, and going to ATL always pissed me off because I would essentially fly an hour past where I wanted to be at, only to turn around and fly back again.

Dulles is actually one of my more preferred airports in the US, everywhere else has become anti-smoking commies. I also got a great laugh at the "President Hillary" t-shirts for sale there at 90% off clearance in Dec '16, and people watching there beats most other airports.

AJ, if you only knew how many times I've flown through Dulles. I didn't hit over half million flown miles via ATL, I did it via IAD. Everything in NYC area is pure horrible, especially JFK which I believe to be the absolute worst airport ever, and going to ATL always pissed me off because I would essentially fly an hour past where I wanted to be at, only to turn around and fly back again.

Dulles is actually one of my more preferred airports in the US, everywhere else has become anti-smoking commies. I also got a great laugh at the "President Hillary" t-shirts for sale there at 90% off clearance in Dec '16, and people watching there beats most other airports.

Havent flown since 1989 and dont intend but Im surprised that JFK is so bad....but then it is NY. I remember when they first built the TWA terminal and everybody called it "The Disneyland of Queens." My dad was a pilot with TWA so iwas one of the first people to see it. How time changes, I heard its been torn down and TWA is defunct.

_MG_5233.0.jpg

_MG_4922.0.jpg

_MG_4666.0.jpg

_MG_4817.0.jpg

https://ny.curbed.com/2015/6/30/9944758/explore-the-twa-terminal-a-pristine-time-capsule-from-1962

I fucking loathe queens. It is a terrible place to live, visit, or drive thru. It’s dirty, run down, expensive (would you believe?) and you can’t leave a fuckin tricycle unattended for 10 minutes or it will get stolen by the scumbag vermin who roam the area.

To transfer terminals at JFK, you have to leave the airport, catch the train, and reenter. That means going back through security again, and the lines there are atrocious. Even PreCheck, you can expect half an hour in line and that is unacceptable. I flew a JetBlue domestic red eye through JFK in '06, connecting there first thing in the morning. The airport terminal was so packed, you couldn't even find a piece of floor to sit and this wasn't like the airport was suffering from massive delays, everything was actually on time for the most part. They just don't have the room in their smaller domestic terminals to handle the amount of passengers they fly.

If I'm connecting through NYC, I prefer Newark and that's another horrible airport. They've made some good improvements to the airport over the last couple few years, but it had a negative effect overall. Trying to find a remotely inexpensive meal there is impossible as they only permit high dollar vendors, you will pay $20 for a burger and fries that is no better than the cheap stuff at the local bar and grill here in small town WY. Bringing food greater than a small bag of snacks through security is asking for an additional search, again cutting into time. They got you by the nuts there, they know it, and they take full advantage of you as a result.

I'm glad I don't fly near as much today as I used to, but it still seems I'm on a bird every few months for one reason or another. They fuck you in the drive through, and they fuck you at TSA.

To transfer terminals at JFK, you have to leave the airport, catch the train, and reenter. That means going back through security again, and the lines there are atrocious. Even PreCheck, you can expect half an hour in line and that is unacceptable. I flew a JetBlue domestic red eye through JFK in '06, connecting there first thing in the morning. The airport terminal was so packed, you couldn't even find a piece of floor to sit and this wasn't like the airport was suffering from massive delays, everything was actually on time for the most part. They just don't have the room in their smaller domestic terminals to handle the amount of passengers they fly.
Depends where you are going and what time, but yes it can be atrocious. I guess they flooded the pre check system already so it's just a line equally as long as the regular line.

Depends where you are going and what time, but yes it can be atrocious. I guess they flooded the pre check system already so it's just a line equally as long as the regular line.
More often, it's that they're not staffing it and their security checkpoints can't handle the passenger levels overall. That airport is horrible on the infrastructure side of things, way over capacity.

Not a Dulles fan at all I do like Reagan in dc. Hobby in Houston. John Wayne in California. I have a bit over 3.5 million miles. But hope never to fly again in my life.

Not a Dulles fan at all I do like Reagan in dc. Hobby in Houston. John Wayne in California. I have a bit over 3.5 million miles. But hope never to fly again in my life.
Jesus AJ, I would never have taken you for a world traveler. 3.5M miles is typically mileage of a salesman or a consultant, or more obviously an airline employee.

Unfortunately yes, I have been doing the world travel since 17 when I joined the army and then went into big business when I left big green . I speak about the world from first hand experience unfortunately.

Jesus AJ, I would never have taken you for a world traveler. 3.5M miles is typically mileage of a salesman or a consultant, or more obviously an airline employee.

I speak about the world from first hand experience unfortunately.

Unfortunately?

Though we sometimes see the world for what it can be...ugly, horrible, and deadly, there is still a lot of beauty and valor.

You should count yourself lucky to have seen so much of it. My grandmother never went more than 30 miles from where where she was born.

Ive learned so much from travel. Largely that most people in most places are pretty much the same. I read a survey that showed approximately 88-89% hold the same things of importance...family, friends, and their work or livelihood.

If thats the case and we all want pretty much the same, how does it get so fucked up? Allowing for statistical anomaly of 1-2%, that leaves roughtly 10% who want something else. But what do they want???

To be leaders??? They want theirs, and most of yours.

If AAL flew to the destinations I needed, I might have flown through there more, but their international connections are lacking. The only two US carriers that serviced Dubai were Delta and United, now neither of which have direct flights there and DoS did a deal with the devil, giving our money to Emirates because of their "partnership" (really, just a ticket purchasing service and nothing more) with JetBlue. It's complete bullshit and in complete contradiction with the Fly America requirements, but that's for a different thread I guess. We've derailed Bender's story of his foray into liberalism's fortresses long enough.

As for traveling, I hope to hold off on my world traveling for a while until I can catch a few more states. I've never hit the PNW, the bulk of the 49th Parallel border states or most of New England, and aside from a layover on the way to and from Japan that doesn't count, have never seen Alaska. There's a ton of National Parks my lady and I want to hit, we have a good time collecting stamps in our Parks Passport, and she hates cities as much as I do and will only go to visit one for its history. We'd take a natural treasure of our country over one of its cities every day of the year, twice if it's Memphis or New Orleans as the alternative, basically the asshole and taint of the US in my opinion.

I just remember to leave with everything I came with if I do have to visit one of the cities, that way I never have cause to go back. I hope Bender does the same, for his sake...

Its human nature for a society, no matter how beautiful, to self destruct.

Unfortunately?

Though we sometimes see the world for what it can be...ugly, horrible, and deadly, there is still a lot of beauty and valor.

You should count yourself lucky to have seen so much of it. My grandmother never went more than 30 miles from where where she was born.

Ive learned so much from travel. Largely that most people in most places are pretty much the same. I read a survey that showed approximately 88-89% hold the same things of importance...family, friends, and their work or livelihood.

If thats the case and we all want pretty much the same, how does it get so fucked up? Allowing for statistical anomaly of 1-2%, that leaves roughtly 10% who want something else. But what do they want???

To be leaders??? They want theirs, and most of yours.

Its human nature for a society, no matter how beautiful, to self destruct.

You may well be correct; it may be necessary. Hess referred to it in in his novel Demian. He used the symbol for the gnostic diety Abraxas, a bird breaking free from its egg. It must destroy its first world in order to inherit the next.

I learned that the world sucks and is not worth one AmeRican life. FTW

The world doesnt suck, Jerry, youve just become jaded and cynical, something Im getting past. There are a lot of Americans that arent worth my a pile of shit, let alone another life.

I fucking loathe queens. It is a terrible place to live, visit, or drive thru. It’s dirty, run down, expensive (would you believe?) and you can’t leave a fuckin tricycle unattended for 10 minutes or it will get stolen by the scumbag vermin who roam the area.

And nonetheless it offers a Busch Gardens-like overseas experience in certain cultures and cuisines to someone who might otherwise never experience them. Or is it just the bridge/tunnel people thing?

And nonetheless it offers a Busch Gardens-like overseas experience in certain cultures and cuisines to someone who might otherwise never experience them. Or is it just the bridge/tunnel people thing?
You can certainly get good food in the 5 boroughs for sure. But for the shit I put up with when I was there, I'm good with never going back again

Reactions: Maggot
You can certainly get good food in the 5 boroughs for sure. But for the shit I put up with when I was there, I'm good with never going back again

Like I said a few posts back "Ill never cross the Hudson again south ot Tarreytown."

You know what it's like trying to find good turban material in The City? Jackson Heights, baby!

Good to hear. Otherwise, you can go to fifteen different stock pix companies and buy a focused image of the Chrysler Building la nuit.
Are you saying I suck at photography and don’t quit my day job??? Lol
Bender did you see blue man group yet?
not this trip.... kids are restless and I sent the wife out with friends to go see it. I’m hanging in the Marriott while they go..... didn’t break my heart!!! Lol.