• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is paying these ammo prices?

Yep, I have sadly. FGMM and Hornady 6.5 Creed 140 ELDM. Ended up selling and trading some of the FGMM to get more 6.5 since that’s what I shoot predominantly. Walked away with slightly less than what I paid most times, but that’s on me. Had to make things work for the 6.5. If the opportunity ever arises again, I’ll follow the advice of others and better prepare.

No cashing out here. It's what I do. I'm fixed but there are other predator sports if I can't smell gunpowder.

Rocks, spears, bows, slingshots, airguns, atlatls, axes, knives, rubber bands and paper clips.

There will always be something.

BugIn

I have definitely slowed down and it has surely changed my ideas on what I was going to do this year. I had planned on trying my hand at across-the-range comps, maybe compete in service rifle. The ammo/primer shortage has basically put the brakes on that. As plenty others have said, I don't feel comfortable shooting ammo that I am not sure I can replace. I am using what ammo I have set aside for training my wife and keeping up with pistol skills at a moderate level.

I see guys all the time trying to recruit people for 3-gun, high power, service rifle, etc. I just shrug and tell them I would love to join in, but cannot at this time. 77 gn .223 is 1.20 a round. Too much for me to swallow just to fix an old pizza box score for pride's sake.

I agree, the "panic" is what drove the prices up and now we're all eating crow for it. if everyone just sat tight for a little bit these prices will come back down. IMO. I'm not sitting on thousands of rounds by any means but I feel like if shit ever went south, I've got enough to TAKE more.

The only ammo I buy is .22 lr for steel challenge and rimfire challenge. I have been lucky enough to pick up a couple of cases in the last month for pre-panic prices. My brother passed away unexpectedly in January. I few days ago I spoke with his widow and told her I would sell all of his factory 9mm for her while the prices are high. I put some regular old 9mm fmj plinking ammo on Gunbroker for her. I hope it goes high as fuck, she needs the money. That's the only good thing about the BS that's going on now.
Sorry to hear about your brother, can’t imagine how bad that sucks.

I went to a local gun show last Friday and was surprised by the prices. Some were crazy and some were just slightly high. The line was insane to get in and to buy. I waited 1:20 just to find out they didn't have any 5.45x39. That's all I really wanted but didn't need it.

Here are the prices I sent via text to friends that asked:

9mm 115-125 grain reloads $569/1000
9mm 115-147 new $789-899/1000
.223/5.56 55fmj new$770-880/1000
308 147 FMJ Win new $499/500
.45 new $369/500
.45 reloads $359/500
Wolf 7.62x39 $469/1000
CCI Mini Mag or SV 22LR $30/100

Most other rifle or self dense pistol ammo was around $35-50+/20

Primers $199/1000 for all types/brands
Powder was $280-300/ 8 pounds. Singles were $35ish

I watched people drop $2-4k like it was nothing. No thanks. Thankfully I planned ahead and bought as much as I could when it was cheap and have enough components to load what I need for a while.

By the time I was out the line was probably at least a 4 hour wait for ammo, 2-3 for reloading components. Then of course it was all outside but still had to mask up. Hardly any vendors there that weren't selling flea market garbage or 80% kits for stupid prices. I missed a nice Russian SKS all numbers matching for $750. A guy was doing the paperwork while I was walking up. Would have been nice for the collection.

I went to a local gun show last Friday and was surprised by the prices. Some were crazy and some were just slightly high. The line was insane to get in and to buy. I waited 1:20 just to find out they didn't have any 5.45x39. That's all I really wanted but didn't need it.

Here are the prices I sent via text to friends that asked:

9mm 115-125 grain reloads $569/1000
9mm 115-147 new $789-899/1000
.223/5.56 55fmj new$770-880/1000
308 147 FMJ Win new $499/500
.45 new $369/500
.45 reloads $359/500
Wolf 7.62x39 $469/1000
CCI Mini Mag or SV 22LR $30/100

Most other rifle or self dense pistol ammo was around $35-50+/20

Primers $199/1000 for all types/brands
Powder was $280-300/ 8 pounds. Singles were $35ish

I watched people drop $2-4k like it was nothing. No thanks. Thankfully I planned ahead and bought as much as I could when it was cheap and have enough components to load what I need for a while.

By the time I was out the line was probably at least a 4 hour wait for ammo, 2-3 for reloading components. Then of course it was all outside but still had to mask up. Hardly any vendors there that weren't selling flea market garbage or 80% kits for stupid prices. I missed a nice Russian SKS all numbers matching for $750. A guy was doing the paperwork while I was walking up. Would have been nice for the collection.

here ya go

Doc