• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is thinking about the new Bronco?

As much as I like the Bronco I think my next rig will be a Tacoma TRD off road. Local dealer has a 2021 with a manual that they can't seem to move...

I swear chevy builds the drivetrain to outlast the rest of the truck, and ford builds the interior to outlast the drivetrain.
You serious clark?

Im speaking specifically about trucks/suvs but Chevy has had transmission issues since about the early/mid 2000s. I have a 18 Tahoe sitting in my driveway that had to have the transmission rebuilt with only 20k on it. Thank god I didn’t pay for that piece of shit.

Although I already have a more than capable RAM truck, I'm actually thinking of buying an HMMWV (Humvee) that a guy has locally. Hardtop 4 door. New transmission and tires.

Reactions: uffduh
You serious clark?

Im speaking specifically about trucks/suvs but Chevy has had transmission issues since about the early/mid 2000s. I have a 18 Tahoe sitting in my driveway that had to have the transmission rebuilt with only 20k on it. Thank god I didn’t pay for that piece of shit.

The 8-speed?

Reactions: sierracharlie338
That’s because it was made in TJ.

Ha ha. I thought it was because today’s boys and girls are a bunch of fucking panty wastes that can’t row their own…

Looked at a couple a few weeks ago. Didn't have the "wow" factor for me. I mean, it's just a Ford Escape on a low dose of roid's. I do miss my '90 "OJ" Bronco though. Mac:unsure:

Really? I know dudes that have had to go out of state to get a mt
Yep. Double cab, V-6, TRD off-road premium package (sunroof, leather, etc), the new Army green color, and the 6-Speed MT for 37500.00. I offered 33K and they declined. I told them to call when they were ready to deal.
B544367D-F6E3-41CC-A2BB-2962BA30608E.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep. Double cab, V-6, TRD off-road premium package (sunroof, leather, etc), the new Army green color, and the 6-Speed MT for 37500.00. I offered 33K and they declined. I told them to call when they were ready to deal.
View attachment 7621444

I have a 2016 4x4 loaded with 50k miles and the dealer offered me 33k on a trade in. Someone will buy that for 35-36 I bet.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Looked at a couple a few weeks ago. Didn't have the "wow" factor for me. I mean, it's just a Ford Escape on a low dose of roid's. I do miss my '90 "OJ" Bronco though. Mac:unsure:
I thought the same thing... the 4 door model is very unimpressive.

I thought the same thing... the 4 door model is very unimpressive.
A vehicle, no matter if it's a truck/car/Jeep/boat/mc/etc., has to grab me in some way or the other. The 4-dr., didn't do nuf'n for me. Will see if the 2-dr. will reach out and touch me in some way:unsure:. Mac

Reactions: JustSendit
The sport bronco is Fkn junk rebadged escape and complete waste of time. We will see when the “real” Bronco is out in the wild if it’s a serious competitor to Jeep Wrangler marketshare

Reactions: BCP and JustSendit
A vehicle, no matter if it's a truck/car/Jeep/boat/mc/etc., has to grab me in some way or the other. The 4-dr., didn't do nuf'n for me. Will see if the 2-dr. will reach out and touch me in some way:unsure:. Mac
So I’ll admit, the only bronco I have personally seen is the Bronco Sport, and it’s so similar to the Escape. I don’t like it.
I’m with you, maybe the 2-door or some of the other versions will be more captivating.

The "proper" Bronco is built (or will someday be built, if First can get the parts) upon a different platform than the Bronco Sport. It's gonna be about as legit as can be for a production vehicle at that price point.

I'm not a big fan of Ford diluting the brand this way since it's potentially confusing (see the above posts), but the Bronco Sport appears to be quite popular and I'm sure carries a decent profit margin.

Now, I patiently wait for Ford to build a Badlands Sasquatch Transit van, and my wife waits for a new Flex built on the CD6 platform. We may be waiting a while.

The "proper" Bronco is built (or will someday be built, if First can get the parts) upon a different platform than the Bronco Sport. It's gonna be about as legit as can be for a production vehicle at that price point.

I'm not a big fan of Ford diluting the brand this way since it's potentially confusing (see the above posts), but the Bronco Sport appears to be quite popular and I'm sure carries a decent profit margin.

Now, I patiently wait for Ford to build a Badlands Sasquatch Transit van, and my wife waits for a new Flex built on the CD6 platform. We may be waiting a while.
It all looks promising, but, Ford did F-up the Mustang. Mac

Reactions: Yasherka
View attachment 7621444
Lol they’re not going to call.

I got a “deal” on my Trd pro…paid msrp. Which was about $55,000 before tax. These things do not lose there value. The price for buying a used one is the same price but with no tax credit. They aren’t to worried about dealing. My pro replaced my 2018 OR that I got for a little over $34,000 no premium, but with tech package. Probably the best deal if you want to do your own 4x4 work, but I got hit by a drunk driver and that truck was totaled. Decided to just put the money down on a pro.

You serious clark?

I have several with over 250k on stock transmissions. Change the filter, change the fluid, they last.

The new 8 and 10 spds have so much shit going on inside, it's not hard to have an issue. 1 tiny piece of debris can fuck up the whole system and have a cascading failure effect.

I had my Ford boil the ATF, which then hit the cat and lit the truck on fire. Sometimes shit happens.

Yes, that’s why I bought my Tundra... because having driven GM for 30 years off and on I got tired of averaging a day a month at the mechanic.

And you couldn't give me a Toyota after the frame rot and head gasket issues.

Toyota owners are very, very good about sticking their heads in the sand. I had a guy tell me about how amazing his truck was. I was giving him a ride to get his truck from the dealer after needing head gaskets for the 3rd time.

I have several with over 250k on stock transmissions. Change the filter, change the fluid, they last.

The new 8 and 10 spds have so much shit going on inside, it's not hard to have an issue. 1 tiny piece of debris can fuck up the whole system and have a cascading failure effect.

I had my Ford boil the ATF, which then hit the cat and lit the truck on fire. Sometimes shit happens.

Toyota owners are very, very good about sticking their heads in the sand. I had a guy tell me about how amazing his truck was. I was giving him a ride to get his truck from the dealer after needing head gaskets for the 3rd time.

gM has been producing garbage for 50 years. Garbage. Tundra never had a head gasket problem. Some cam tower gaskets leaked. Mine doesn’t. Come to think of it, not a single problem in 9 years.

I will say that i passed one of the mustang suv things today and threw up in my mouth a little. Looks like a dog hunkered over taking a crap rolling down the road.

I got a “deal” on my Trd pro…paid msrp. Which was about $55,000 before tax. These things do not lose there value. The price for buying a used one is the same price but with no tax credit. They aren’t to worried about dealing. My pro replaced my 2018 OR that I got for a little over $34,000 no premium, but with tech package. Probably the best deal if you want to do your own 4x4 work, but I got hit by a drunk driver and that truck was totaled. Decided to just put the money down on a pro.
Well it's been on the lot for 3 months so far. It's fun to show a little interest and then watch a dealer piss all over themselves trying to sell something. If it goes so be it. I can spec one out when the time comes. The Yaris is running great and with a 100 mile commute I am digging the 35MPG that it still gets with 312K on the clock. It's a tough little bastard too. One thing I've had to replace was a rear wheel bearing. Other than that just general maintenance. Oil every 3K, plugs and a ATF drain and fill once a year, and filters and accessory belt as needed.

Reactions: Matches Malone
Well it's been on the lot for 3 months so far. It's fun to show a little interest and then watch a dealer piss all over themselves trying to sell something. If it goes so be it. I can spec one out when the time comes. The Yaris is running great and with a 100 mile commute I am digging the 35MPG that it still gets with 312K on the clock. It's a tough little bastard too. One thing I've had to replace was a rear wheel bearing. Other than that just general maintenance. Oil every 3K, plugs and a ATF drain and fill once a year, and filters and accessory belt as needed.
Well I hope I’m wrong and it works out. I reckon one never knows what a dealership might do. It’s a good truck. Mine isn’t stock but I’ve seen stock tacos tear it up on trails like in Moab. They are capable trucks.

The new full size Broncos are very impressive off road vehicles. They have the gas turbo from the F150 on a very stout chassis and a superb transmission and suspension.

My wife has ordered her a Wildtrak and will trade in her F150 4x4 for it.

I bought my Sequoia used. The biggest issue I have is the lack of maintenance from previous owners. I feel sure I was first to change transmission fluid (130K), but dealer didn't blink and specifically said I'd never recommend this on a GM/FORD transmission that had never been changed. Now the only problem I cannot figure out is a front in knock that sounds like a binding.

That said, the BIG, and I mean HUGE issue with the 4.7L and even 5.7L is that the air induction pumps fail (startup emissions) and that's some ungodly $$$ amount to fix. Mine had that and I found a work around. Dealer will quote around 4000 bucks!!!! It's basically, for them, a pull the engine out of the car moment from what I gather. That's a BIG strike on the Toyota engine IMO; but, once that's fixed or bypassed or however one choses to prevent it from happening in the first place, those engines are damn near Jeep I-6 4.0L bullet-proof.

PS: Did see a totally awesome car today.

It was a bright orange (I think) Ford Focus. It had a Confederate flag on the roof. The number 0.5 painted on the door. And next to the flag was painted "General Pickett."

Ah hah aha hah ah hah ah aha.... I tried to get a photo, but too much traffic.

Whoever and wherever you are sir... your car made my day!

Sirhr

Had a friend with a 2017 Escape. We had to literally pull that piece of shit over and reboot it numerous times so it would drive. It was windows blue screen of death in a car.

I got mine in 2019. Great truck. It’s a TRD Pro as well. I definitely recommend them and my truck is used to haul everything from dirt, gravel to pine straw. We drive it backwoods on my dads property to shoot and it seems to move through everything.

Attachments

• 3EFF639F-FC9D-49B4-8490-7BA996CEA762.jpeg
    3EFF639F-FC9D-49B4-8490-7BA996CEA762.jpeg
    510.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Matches Malone
I bought my Sequoia used. The biggest issue I have is the lack of maintenance from previous owners. I feel sure I was first to change transmission fluid (130K), but dealer didn't blink and specifically said I'd never recommend this on a GM/FORD transmission that had never been changed. Now the only problem I cannot figure out is a front in knock that sounds like a binding.

That said, the BIG, and I mean HUGE issue with the 4.7L and even 5.7L is that the air induction pumps fail (startup emissions) and that's some ungodly $$$ amount to fix. Mine had that and I found a work around. Dealer will quote around 4000 bucks!!!! It's basically, for them, a pull the engine out of the car moment from what I gather. That's a BIG strike on the Toyota engine IMO; but, once that's fixed or bypassed or however one choses to prevent it from happening in the first place, those engines are damn near Jeep I-6 4.0L bullet-proof.

That's old school thinking. Just like fudd lore.

What tranny shops used to do was "backflush" the system from the cooler lines. This pushed debris out of the filter and back into the valve body and converter. The debris would kill it shortly as it tore up seals and bushings. GM had a generic TSB directing their techs to always forward flush which kept the junk in the filter. If course the backflush would load up the machine filter so they could show the customer how much garbage they got out before they came back for a new transmission.

If you simply drop the pan, change the filter, and fill with fresh fluid you'll never cause a problem. My trucks hold about 12-14qts and I usually end up needing 6-8 for a pan fill, so it gets half changed every 25-50k miles.

I have a Tacoma on order, it's a MT with access cab with longer bed, and the only way to get those three things is with the TRD Sport. I wanted a manual transmission, and after searching for a used one, I gave up and just ordered what I wanted, as the used ones are costing almost as much as new, and finding a manual transmission was like impossible.
Dealer says the build date is 2nd of June, so maybe see it about mid June?.

Screenshot_20210423-181313~2.png

I stopped by the Ford Dealer last week to get some parts, and went in to the showroom to ask when they will be getting the Broncos in. They said maybe July? They also said most of those people who pre-ordered the Broncos will be waiting for two years because of lack of parts and dealer allotment.

Last edited:
I would love to have a new Bronco - seems like a badass truck. I will let a whole lot of folks deal with Ford's inability to produce a first year car that doesn't suck a dead donkey diller.

i watch the video of the people in the new bronco...and all the modes it has on it...and all i can think of is.....

look at all that shit just waiting to not work and what a fucking nightmare trying to repair it.

i’ll stick with my old jeep.

Reactions: Nik H
i watch the video of the people in the new bronco...and all the modes it has on it...and all i can think of is.....

look at all that shit just waiting to not work and what a fucking nightmare trying to repair it.

i’ll stick with my old jeep.
I too have my old jeep thingy taken care of.

Its bad when Suzuki can make an offroad vehicle that kicks anyones ass reliability wise.

Jeep, Lada, Rover. Your mechanic loves you.

IMG_5288.jpeg

That's old school thinking. Just like fudd lore.

What tranny shops used to do was "backflush" the system from the cooler lines. This pushed debris out of the filter and back into the valve body and converter. The debris would kill it shortly as it tore up seals and bushings. GM had a generic TSB directing their techs to always forward flush which kept the junk in the filter. If course the backflush would load up the machine filter so they could show the customer how much garbage they got out before they came back for a new transmission.

If you simply drop the pan, change the filter, and fill with fresh fluid you'll never cause a problem. My trucks hold about 12-14qts and I usually end up needing 6-8 for a pan fill, so it gets half changed every 25-50k miles.
Just passing along what my dealer told me. I won't do that transmission myself due to damn DIP switches and shit. Eyes too old to see them that close.

That said, I'm confident in Toyota; but I will NEVER buy a Government Motors vehicle. If I had to buy American big 3, it'd be from the one company that didn't suck on the tit of the government to get bailed out due to shit management and shit vehicles. You can call me names or what have you but at least the Ford family came to bat and didn't take that money (thanks a lot to their then CEO who was building better and better cars).

Reactions: Yasherka
I can't see buying any 1st year automobile. Doesn't matter who makes it. It's a crap shoot at best. Far too many things that are unproven that first year.

Reactions: Texasflyer
I can't see buying any 1st year automobile. Doesn't matter who makes it. It's a crap shoot at best. Far too many things that are unproven that first year.
Not in this day and age. These vehicles are disposable, not collectable. Classic cars the first year is usually the most desireable though

Just passing along what my dealer told me. I won't do that transmission myself due to damn DIP switches and shit. Eyes too old to see them that close.

That said, I'm confident in Toyota; but I will NEVER buy a Government Motors vehicle. If I had to buy American big 3, it'd be from the one company that didn't suck on the tit of the government to get bailed out due to shit management and shit vehicles. You can call me names or what have you but at least the Ford family came to bat and didn't take that money (thanks a lot to their then CEO who was building better and better cars).

Oh, the company that sat there with a hand out and had it slapped? They asked for just as much, but as luck would have it they used a 12 billion dollar r&d loan to float the company instead. All 3 CEOs were standing in that hearing, after flying there on private jets.

Apparently they needed that money in r&d, because my experience with 3 Ford's was they cost me more to fix in 5 years than I paid for the trucks. 400k mile duramax's with no big bills, couldn't get 200k out of a powerstroke. Scraped the last one when I was quoted $22k to fix a $25k truck.

I'd love to support Toyota and their non-union workforce. They just need to build a real truck first. Full size with an 8'+ box, and a chassis that can tow 20k daily.

Until someone breaks the big 3 on 1 ton class trucks we're all stuck with them.

Do you think any recently manufactured vehicle will be considered "classic", in the classic sense of classic. The only reason any of the shit produced today will be desirable is that it's better than the shit produced tomorrow. If you can fix it at all, which you won't be able to.

We can't get chips for stuff we made last year, forget completely five years ago. You can't machine chips in your shop, and none of this latest car crap works without chips.

Reactions: Texasflyer
Do you think any recently manufactured vehicle will be considered "classic", in the classic sense of classic. The only reason any of the shit produced today will be desirable is that it's better than the shit produced tomorrow. If you can fix it at all, which you won't be able to.

We can't get chips for stuff we made last year, forget completely five years ago. You can't machine chips in your shop, and none of this latest car crap works without chips.
I think in 20 years i would still think the challenger is a good looking throwback muscle car, and the same goes for the bronco, it looks good and its a good throw back to the old one. Ill be waiting to grab one broke down and bastardize it with a carb and a painless kit. This with a 351 cleaver would be badass

The only way this happens is if someone buys a vehicle today and sits it in a garage, don't drive it, just maintain it and then maybe it will be worth some money in about 30 years.

I think in 20 years i would still think the challenger is a good looking throwback muscle car, and the same goes for the bronco, it looks good and its a good throw back to the old one. Ill be waiting to grab one broke down and bastardize it with a carb and a painless kit. This with a 351 cleaver would be badass

The Challenger Hellcat is a classic for sure. I went through two clutches and six sets of tires in 30K miles. All my fault and proud of it.

The base Bronco is a cheap project car base...