• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is using IMI brass in .308?

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    I just bought a bunch but I can't find much data on them. They were new unfired. Looked like a nice match case.

IS it IMI regular or Match brass?

Generally IMI brass is very strong and quality is decent.
    It is military brass though, so better suited for semis and autos then LR precision rifles, especially the standard version.
    The normal brass will have quite a bit thicker case walls compared to commercial brass, so you must expect needing to reduce your loads with a few grains at least compared to Lapua or Win fx,

The Match brass is of better quality, and has thinner case walls, still a bit thicker then commercial though so you must expect to reduce the loads by 0.5 grain or so compared to Lapua.
    The cases are strong so you should get good case life out of them, and with good and theral case prep they should give you good performance.

I do not use it though, only use Lapua, Ruag match and Norma brass for all my shooting.

Last edited:
    Couple of years ago I reloaded a bunch for plinking around with my FAL. Never had any problems with it, but have now switched pretty much to LC because of better availability.

It is IMI match brass. 500 pieces. I hope it lasts forever. I have some loaded with 43.5g 4064 under 175 SMK.