• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Who knew Hitler was so funny

Taika Waititi's sense of humor isn't for everyone, but I too laughed my ass off.

Having a father who fought against the man and his country. As well as being wounded while liberating Europe because they were too boyish to do a man's job, my father didn't think anything about Hitler was funny. I stand in my father's place since he as passed.

Carry on.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Having a father who fought against the man and his country. As well as being wounded while liberating Europe because they were too boyish to do a man's job, my father didn't think anything about Hitler was funny. I stand in my father's place since he as passed.

Carry on.

wow, I bet you are SUPER fun to have at parties.

wow, I bet you are SUPER fun to have at parties.

Yeah, real funny. Watching your father die slowly from wounds from 1944. He was in an English hospital for over a year. Then he was stable enough to be transported to Walter Reed. He was there for another year. Then he was allowed to go home for weekend trips. He was treated by the VA from that point until his death. For all of his trouble he got a disability check for just pennies at the time of his death just a few years ago.

There are some things that won't make me laugh. Anything about Hitler of parody is still not funny to me.

Lighten up Francis.
I know to what it's like to watch somebody die of slow torturous death. Mom died of ALS. Got to sit there and watch her crying because she couldn't talk, cry because it hurt to hug her, the loss of Dignity from shiting yourself... every torturous day was a wonderful day because tomorrow is going to be worse. but I sure as hell don't get upset when people tell mama jokes. I did it one time though, I had to let that shit go.

Don't get all pissy because somebody's more well-adjusted than the next.

Go watch the movie The Producers so you can understand the Springtime for Hitler reference.

Interesting this came up. Was talking to my roommate about the movie Parenthood. There's a the scene in there about playing second base... LOL. " Nice Shot son... in times like this it's important to be supportive" can't really play that part anymore because people get so butthurt about making fun of that particular event. And really, it has nothing to do with making fun of it but how sensitive children have become.

Oh and most importantly Heil lowlight.

Is there a uniform or a patch I can get? And what are the benefits for joining your Club... Do I get discounts with a movie theaters open up?

Maybe we can make a Downfall parody of 'Hitler finds out BullGear hates Hitler parodies?":ROFLMAO:

No, not going down that rabbit hole again. Last time my assshole hurt for a week

We've all heard the Richard Gere story. He used gerbils, not rabbits you kinky fucker.

Maybe we can make a Downfall parody of 'Hitler finds out BullGear hates Hitler parodies?":ROFLMAO:

We've all heard the Richard Gere story. He used gerbils, not rabbits you kinky fucker.
Nah, it doesn't get kinky until you dress up like a clown and use the whole chicken

• Haha
Reactions: IrishWind
oh. Are we doing puns? I'm Fuhrerious we have resorted to these.

Went right in to the Top 10 movies for me. When a movie can make you laugh and then destroy you, it's a winner.

HMFIC is a Bigfoot hunter!!!
I seen him admit this shit....

Thanks for the heads up Frank, I'll see if I can watch this..... Lord knows we need some fkn comedy in this fucked up world we are surrounded in.

Taika Waititi's sense of humor isn't for everyone, but I too laughed my ass off.
I'm a big fan of his work. What we do in the shadows is great and even better made into a series including Matt Berry who I'm a huge fan of. With Taikas circle of friends (flight of the concords group) I don't think he could be involved in a project I wouldn't love. I will definitely be seeing this.

I had kind of a weird experience watching "What We Do in Shadows" in a theater in downtown Wellington just off of Courtney Place where much of it was filmed. It's a surreal feeling watching scenes that physically took place out in front of the theater I'm sitting in.

Reactions: Austan
If you like jojo rabbit... “Look who’s Back” is a German dark comedy and is brilliant. The Hitler character is not the central theme... but the indictment of the press and social media is.

It Is subtitled, but totally worth it. The plot twists and a few of the sight gags are side-splitting! It is black humor done right.

Sirhr

Reactions: Mike Casselton
Ven der Fuehrer yells, "I gotta have more shells!"
Ve "Heil! Heil!", for him ve make more shells!
If one little shell should blow him straight to Hell?
Ve "Heil! Heil!", and vouldn't dat be swell?

Reactions: LeftyJason
could you post a link to the version with subtitles?
I can only find the version without subtitles. Thanks

It's on our Dish Network... somewhere. Not sure if through Amazon Prime or Hulu or one of the streaming services. But not had any trouble finding it. Not sure it's free on YouTube... may have to rent it.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Finally watched this and it is a really great movie.

Not quite sure how to describe it. So many dissonant elements... I had the same reaction to it that I had when I first saw Pulp Fiction many moons ago. "What did just watch."

Yet it was hilarious, thought provoking... creepy? Touching?

It's a movie that just has to be seen. The Director who played the Hitler character was brilliant as the 'invisible friend Hitler.' "Oh, look at that Psycho, he'es going to get us all killed..."

Cheers,

Sirhr

Finally watched this and it is a really great movie.

Not quite sure how to describe it. So many dissonant elements... I had the same reaction to it that I had when I first saw Pulp Fiction many moons ago. "What did just watch."

Yet it was hilarious, thought provoking... creepy? Touching?

It's a movie that just has to be seen. The Director who played the Hitler character was brilliant as the 'invisible friend Hitler.' "Oh, look at that Psycho, he'es going to get us all killed..."

Cheers,

Sirhr
Wow there was creepy touching ? I have to see it now .😄

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
The movie had an armorer that knew his shit. Here is a still of one of the final scenes where a DM (Deutscher Madel) picks up a Gerat "Neumunster" MP3008 which was a last ditch weapon of the Germans and a vertical feed close copy of the British Sten. My current project.
1610808928684.png

My MP 3008 in progress
images.jpg
DSCN3911.JPG
DSCN3909.JPG
DSCN3908.JPG
4137119318_06fc6b2fe8_o.jpg

Reactions: aam and Davo308
This clip best illustrates the spirit of the movie for those who are turned off about the idea of a Hitler comedy. Yorki is a great supporting character. NB all the panzerfaust...very accurate.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
As I said prior, straight in to the Top 10 Favorite Movies All Time for me. It's extremely well written, directed, acted, edited, etc. It just hits on all cylinders. Just as dark as it is funny. It tickles then smacks you in the face and then leaves you hopeful at the end.

This clip best illustrates the spirit of the movie for those who are turned off about the idea of a Hitler comedy. Yorki is a great supporting character. NB all the panzerfaust...very accurate.

What was that thing Yorkie “fired.” It wasn’t a Panzerfaust which had a shaped charge cone on the end. I thought it looked more like a German version of a US bazooka.
AC7EE7FD-1224-4FAB-B3AC-86EF46C3381B.png

Never mind. I found it. A Panzerschreck.

Sirhr

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of his work. What we do in the shadows is great and even better made into a series including Matt Berry who I'm a huge fan of. With Taikas circle of friends (flight of the concords group) I don't think he could be involved in a project I wouldn't love. I will definitely be seeing this.

the "IT Crowd" and "Toast of London"?
WWDitS was hilarious, got better as it went along.
Jojo Rabbit is brilliant- odd as all fuck, but brilliant.