• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who likes Goodyear tires?

The Good Year Eagle is painted on to look like the OEM tires that came on the car, but they're M/T Street semi-slicks. Driving in the rain is like an instant wreck. I watch for even water on the road, because they literally won't hook up at all if they're even a little wet.

IMG_0632.JPG

I actually bought an overpriced stencil that is exactly correct for the tires on the car, even though it's homemade.

Here's the thing, it's the Good Year workers who want to wear their MAGA hats. A boycott hurts them too.

Show me what other lever can we pull to exert pain on goodyear and I'll gladly pull on it. Until then $ will have to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: bullseye13
I got a set of goodyear fuel max on the grocery getter, bought them about 2 years ago and I do like them
If they are going to support BLM I will be done, I don't like them that much

Actually I have yet to find a tire I do like over the entire life of the tire :(

love the car not the tire brand sounds like a fine time to wear maga gear to work all week and prep with video camera's let them fire you you'll own the company then you can change the bad policies to suit your desires .

Ok. I hate them. They don’t even know what they’re talking about. They’re using “racial equality”, and “racial ‘justice’” interchangeably, when BLM clearly states that “racial equality” is white supremacist. I doubt BLM will care as long as they get paid.

Reactions: bullseye13
Fuck. I just got GY rubber a few thousand miles ago. These leftists are really destroying America. Disgusting.

No Dunlop or Kelley brand tires either as those are made by Goodyear.

Damn, do you guys even know if any of their competitors are doing anything differently? Especially those that don’t buy GY anyway, you're doing what leftists call virtue signalling, and it sounds retarded.

If buying American from an American company made in America matters to you, you’ve got precious few choices left.

Can any of you insta-Karen boycotters name a direct competitor? American across the board.

I know of one, with several subsidiary brands.

If the woke wish to have a partisan economy, I say give it to them. Money, it's they only language they understand.

Reactions: 308pirate and TACC
Damn, do you guys even know if any of their competitors are doing anything differently? Especially those that don’t buy GY anyway, you're doing what leftists call virtue signalling, and it sounds retarded.

If buying American from an American company made in America matters to you, you’ve got precious few choices left.

Can any of you insta-Karen boycotters name a direct competitor? American across the board.

I know of one, with several subsidiary brands.

make an example out of them- put the fear of GOD into anyone else who even considers following their footsteps.

Everyone should wear a MAGA hat to work and see what other companies have a ban on political statements.

I worked truck tires for 14 years in a previous life. I hated those POS then, and I hate them still today.
If you want the roughest ride, hardest tire, most difficult tire to work on, then Goodyear is for you.
I will never own another set of Goodyears.

Cooper tire is American

I like Cooper tires. Good tread life, smooth, quiet ride, and made right up the road in Texarkana.

Reactions: Stevo86
The Good Year Eagle is painted on to look like the OEM tires that came on the car, but they're M/T Street semi-slicks. Driving in the rain is like an instant wreck. I watch for even water on the road, because they literally won't hook up at all if they're even a little wet.

I drove my ZL1 in the rain with M/T Streets... once. Fuck that shit - hydroplaning at 30 MPH sucks, and I learned a lesson about waiting until Wednesday night to swap out the drag tires for street tires from the prior Sunday.

There are some fine tires produced for various "street tire" track and autocross classes that hook up damn well in the wet. I can confirm that Hankook RS-3 and BFG Rival S work fine on wet roads and tracks, even in cold temps. Wouldn't say that same about the Bridgestone RE71, since it wants some heat before it'll work. I'm currently running good ol' Michelin Pilot 4S on my ZL1 since it works well over any range of conditions in which I'm likely to use the car. They do spin through 3rd, where as the Mickey T's would generally hook once I shifted out of 2nd. I adjust my throttle application accordingly at speeds under 75 MPH.

The only good thing I'll say about Goodyear is that the Eagle F1 handles high temperature like no other DOT tire I've ever used. Otherwise, they can go fuck off.

I run their duratracs on my work pickup and love them but they wear super fast. I guess I’m going with nittos or toyos m/t’s next if the company allows.

Reactions: isofahunter
Customers should show up at Goodyear stores wearing a MAGA hat and ask for pricing on tires? See what happens, then leave.
I see their stock is going down faster than Kamala Harris! :ROFLMAO: (y)

Reactions: Dunraven and Nik H
Not me!!

Not me, I run only Michelin or Bridgestone (since Michelin has kind of gotten out of the 16" sports tire), maybe Yokohama, Hankook and Toyo (the latter three for race tires). Have not run goodyear since 1997 and that was because my old man bought me some new tires for Christmas.

"We ask that associates refrain from work place expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, As well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues."

Not a U-turn, they are basically saying we didn't make that illustration. Then showing that by their policies it is correct.

That was not a u-turn at all. That statement actually doubles-down in a way.

Exactly, 100%, this. "Racial justice" and "equity" are okay messages on attire, but anything outside of that is woooooooooooooah. Of course, they make the rules on what is and isn't within the bounds of 'racial justice' and 'equity', and of course we won't dive into the laffin'-level contradiction of defining what kind of 'equity' is acceptable and what isn't.

I'm not primed to get butthurt at any little thing that challenges my individual worldview or ideology, nor am I the boycott type. This doesn't get my ire up or even really blip on my radar.

I will say Michelin makes a much better tire, tho.

Reactions: atomic41
Customers should show up at Goodyear stores wearing a MAGA hat and ask for pricing on tires? See what happens, then leave.
I see their stock is going down faster than Kamala Harris! :ROFLMAO: (y)

I guaran-fucking-tee that the guys at any of the local tire shops do not care what your hat or my hat says, and that is regardless of what some HR weenie at the corporate offices are teaching the office drones.