Rifle Scopes Who makes a decent AR riser mount

buckskin52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
western PA
I have a 6.5X20 Zeiss conquest already mounted in good medium rings. I would prefer to put this set-up on my RRA LAR08 without haveing to buy new rings. Everytime I look for a riser mount Junk comes up (leapers, UTG, NC star). I have a set on My bushmaster Varminter from bushmaster that came with the gun but can not find them aftermarke. Any help would be appreciated.

ggmanning

Bird Dog
Minuteman
  • Apr 23, 2010
    Rural South
    Re: Who makes a decent AR riser mount

I use a Rock River

DSCN0515Copy.jpg

dc45

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 19, 2007
    Idaho

The Badger Ordnance 'AR Riser Rail' is excellent.

Cheers,

DC

dc45

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Mar 19, 2007
    Idaho

The Badger Ordnance 'AR Riser Rail' (22 Moa tilt) is excellent.

Cheers,

DC

G38

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 9, 2007
    GA

I've been using a LaRue LT-101 with Seekins rings with my IOR 3-18 on an AR-10T. Very repeatable QD function and stable!
    LT-101

BigJoe29

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Dec 22, 2009
    Hell

i just got a warne that has a doctor mount, haven't used it yet but looks really well made

buckskin52

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Sep 13, 2009
    western PA

Thanks for all the info. I think I will go with the Badger mount since it has 22MOA built into it and with the limited elevation available with the 1 inch tube zeiss I believe it to be the best choice. If I had a nightforce or leupold to put on it I would definetly go with the larue mount. Thanks again to all who responded.

Metalhead0483

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Feb 27, 2008
    Brunswick, GA

I've been using the Burris P.E.P.R. mount. Works real well for me, and at $70 it's a pretty good value too.

cowman

Private
    Minuteman
    May 19, 2004
    northwest iowa

I think Nikon just came out with one as well, to complement their new line of M223 scopes.

NET65

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 19, 2009
    TX

Does the Aadmount come in 30mm rings? I looked all over the website and couldn't find anything.

Jon A

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Nov 13, 2006
    Everett, WA
    www.aadmount.com

30mm is probably a couple of months out at least. It depends upon how fast the orders/demand comes in. Of course, if I get a pile of people who want them right now I could get the wheels in motion faster. The same goes for 35mm. But they’re so new not many have heard of them yet so that might take a little while.

I was actually thinking I might do 35mm first after finishing up this first production run in 34mm (what is currently now available). For users with 30mm scopes, the NF Unimount is a good option for similar applications, but those with 35mm scopes are sort of screwed right now where it comes to a <span style="font-weight: bold">really</span> solid, one piece 20 MOA mount for AR’s. Actually, that’s in large part where the idea came from for me to make the things myself—there were a couple IOR’s that would have worked nicely on my Grendel but they needed a 20 MOA mount to get to 1000 yds and I really didn’t want a riser rail with rings.

buckskin52

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Sep 13, 2009
    western PA

thanks for all the info the badger is in hand and hopefully going to the range today.

Emergencynrse

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 29, 2006
    Dallas, Georgia

I went with an ARMS SWAN #36 for a USO SN-3 Tpal
    Gave me greater clearance at the end of the scope housing while maintaining a low-profile.

ARMSMount.jpg