• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns who makes custom knife handles?

Bart

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2005
Amarillo, Tx
Hello all,

I got a great deal on a hand-tempered knife from a friend who is trying to break into the custom knife game, now I need the handles/scales.

Is there someone I can sent the fixed blade knife to, and have them put some micarta on it for me?

Thanks!

Jordan

Re: who makes custom knife handles?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all,

I got a great deal on a hand-tempered knife from a friend who is trying to break into the custom knife game, now I need the handles/scales.

Is there someone I can sent the fixed blade knife to, and have them put some micarta on it for me?

Thanks!

Jordan </div></div>

Why not do it yourself...it ain't hard.

There's a whole host of suppliers you can order pins and a couple of micarta blanks from.

Got a small drill press, a Dremel, sand paper, C clamps, and some epoxy?

Honestly, if your buddy is trying to break into the knife game he best learn how to scale a knife........

VZ doesn't make custom one off grips either. There's really a very small group of folks who do what he's looking for. If you wanted 100 grips made on a CNC, VZ would probably be your go to though.

--Wintermute

Thank you, Wintermute- I didn't realize this was such a narrow field!

Jordan

It's mostly narrow because most custom knife makers really don't tend to make much money nor enjoy putting scales on someone elses knife, and although there are alot of places which make custom knife scales, they are usually doing them for production knives where they can sell a few hundred or more. The one off custom knife handle craftsman out there who are willing to put in the work on someone elses knife just aren't all that common
smile.gif

--Wintermute