• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes this rig?

6point5guy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2014
this is a picture of Bradley Cooper and Scott Reitz. Scott is the guy that trained Bradley to look and act like a scout sniper for the American Sniper movie. Does anyone know who made the pistol holster that Scott is wearing? The whole system. It looks like a rig that would securely hold one of my Staccato’s.

Thanks

Dan
7CDBFA02-9B29-4DBD-A384-98A1AD7BC0CC.jpeg

Depending on where the guy in the left came from, that rig could have been an entirely custom fit/setup for him

Edit to add the drop leg actually looks like a Blackhawk
F9E520B1-CF6B-4563-A233-4ADD92B78777.jpeg

Reactions: Fig
That entire rig would suck mega dick (for multiple reasons BEYOND the Blackhawk holster)... Carry on here.

ETA, Cooper was playing the part of a seal sniper in that movie (which I've not seen), not a scout sniper (USMC)... Carry on again.

If you want a much better designed holster with less chance of perforating your femoral artery, check out the duty-rigs (usually the ALS and SLS series) holsters from Safariland that are configured with the thigh adapter and strap.

It’s the go-to amongst most serious guys that need weapon retention when hands-on but also need the weapon to ride below a plate carrier and not impede movement or draw.

Safariland’s Holster Finder on their site allows you to filter by “carry type” (thigh or leg) and then by pistol; not a bad way to see what’s out there.

Drop leg with no armor in the combat zone is one thing (no one is going to hump multiple pistol holsters), but in the world there is no other way you could wear an OC gun that would make me think you were more of an egregious, dangerous, tool.

• Haha
Reactions: Tchitcherine
I must have fucked up somehow. I usually only scan "new posts". I must have hit this by accident, and I didn't look at the date... I never click on the recomended posts, so I don't know what happened. I could have sworn this was in the new posts, but clearly it wasn't...

Drop leg with no armor in the combat zone is one thing (no one is going to hump multiple pistol holsters), but in the world there is no other way you could wear an OC gun that would make me think you were more of an egregious, dangerous, tool.

I must have fucked up somehow. I usually only scan "new posts". I must have hit this by accident, and I didn't look at the date... I never click on the recomended posts, so I don't know what happened. I could have sworn this was in the new posts, but clearly it wasn't...
screen-shot-2022-02-11-at-08-42-11-png.7805693