• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who owns a 300 wsm ar10T?

dannyh

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlap,TN
Who owns a 300 wsm ar10T? What accuracy you getting with it and what load you shooting? How is the recoil compared to the 308 version? Is it a good advantage above the 308 and worthy to have besides the 308? What does it seem to like load wise?

Re: Who owns a 300 wsm ar10T?

Armalite and DPMS both offered a .300saum upper or complete rifle for a couple of years; but no longer. I know the Armalite required a special magazine due to much wider body contour of the short action ultra mag case.

Maybe you gain 100-150 fps over the standard .308 with a saum cartridge? Is it worth the extra effort and cost? Wasn't to me.

Thought about going with a 10T upper in .338 Federal recently. Would like the extra bullet weight, but same diminishing returns influenced me not to buy.

I'd be happy if I find a 7WSM upper for my .308 upper, much less a 300 WSM.

Accuracy Systems has the 300 SAUM listed as an option for their AR-18 variants: http://www.ar-10-rifles.com/index.php. They say they have other calibers as well, so you have to call them. The email I sent them with a similar question hasn't been answered yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armalite and DPMS both offered a .300saum upper or complete rifle for a couple of years; but no longer. I know the Armalite required a special magazine due to much wider body contour of the short action ultra mag case.

Maybe you gain 100-150 fps over the standard .308 with a saum cartridge? Is it worth the extra effort and cost? Wasn't to me.

Thought about going with a 10T upper in .338 Federal recently. Would like the extra bullet weight, but same diminishing returns influenced me not to buy. </div></div>

The problem with .338 Federal as a LR round is that it just isn't enough case for the high BC .338" bullets, worse than .308 Winchester and the heavy .308" bullets IMO.

I had an AR10 in 300 WSM. However, I never got to shoot it before I had to put it up on the block. The person I got it from and if I'm not mistaken the person I sold it to (Both Hide members) said it rocked!!!