• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Who sells the suppressor covers???

cheshier2

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Jul 29, 2005
Lodi,ohio
www.sjgunrefinishing.com
Where can I get a suppressor cover?? I know I bought one from a vendor here years back but I can not find them now.. Does not matter where I get one I just want a good one..
Thanks

Re: Who sells the suppressor covers???

Bowers has several sizes they are made of hi-temp black silicone. I have 2 of them they are nice covers.

TAB GEAR makes the best ones. I own a shit ton of them. they are top notch.

For crying out loud S&J, $62.00 for a cover that is over a can that cost at least, what, $800 and maybe twice that, or more.

We've never raised prices from day one either, over three years now.

I've got customers who are using our cover on .338's and have over 3000 rounds through them with no problems so far.

We try to make our gear as affordable as we can, we're proud of what we make, and we feel like the customer is getting a great deal for their hard earned money no matter what piece of TAB GEAR they purchase.

I do appreciate your interest though.

hi we have some customers here in Australia that have reflex supressors and also ase ultra supressors can we get them made for them if i get the sizes for you?

Hi Bill,

All of our covers are custom made to order. We've made hundreds of covers for the Reflex and Ase Utra suppressors. If you'd like to place an order please go here and it will lead you through the process.

http://www.riflesonly.com/store/TAB/sas.html

If you have any questions feel free to post here, PM, email or call me. 281 386 9789

Thank you for your interest.

Thanks for that as we are the Australian agents for both and are starting to sell a fair few especialy to profesional shooters so their safty of not being burnt is a major thing most use 223's but they are bolt rifles so could you email me the 223 issues please i think they will be OK in a refles T8 though.

[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for that as we are the Australian agents for both and are starting to sell a fair few especialy to profesional shooters so their safty of not being burnt is a major thing most use 223's but they are bolt rifles so could you email me the 223 issues please i think they will be OK in a refles T8 though.

[email protected]

</div></div>

I know this is quite an old thread, but just want to correct the above.

If you are refering to our company above, you are not our Australian agent.

Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
Ase Utra sound suppressors.

Which one of the tabs are y'all using? The Velcro one? The Elite Iron looks pretty cool as well. Anyone know where to get heat resistant or carbon x lined pouches?

I did now know that Elite Iron made a wrap. Those look very nice. I currently use a TAB, and it works great. Very quick and easy to get on and off. Very simple design that is held on with a piece of velcro.I bought it second hand from this site for half price.
I havent seen the Bowers covers yet, but I currently have one on order with one of thier cans. They will cut you a good deal, and are very nice folks to work with if you arent set up there yet.

Charger442, Depends on what can and rifle set up you have.

The slip on TAB is nice because you can simpily slide it off and onto the barrel to let the can cool between shooting strings.

The velcro one works good for some quick attach cans like the surefire, because of the release lever prevents a slip on from going on and off easy or a can that you can't simpily slide back over top of the barrel to let the can cool.

I've never found the need to use anything other than a TAB gear cover.

Anyone have one of the TABs on a 30P-1? If so, what size fits best? thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have one of the TABs on a 30P-1? If so, what size fits best? thanks</div></div>

Not real sure what size it is but you can order right one thru TBAC.

ALL my cans are covered in TAB cozies! Mater of fact, I ran one on my LMT MWS 308 today with the surefire to test a new buffer. 100 rounds later, it was smoking hot, but the cover works great, the buffer too!

Rifles only will take care of you on size. Just let them know that you have a 30p-1. My cover fits like a glove.

Tony actually dropped off a BUNCH of 30P-1 covers a little while ago, so if you order it today from Rifles Only, I will ship it to you on Monday USPS Priority. You'll have it by Thurs at the latest!

I appreciate the votes of confidence everyone. We work hard to make everyone happy.

As an fyi, the 30P-1 covers that Mustafa is talking about would be the SAS3 version that Rifles Only has plenty of in inventory. This is the model that was designed with input from Zak Smith and Ray Sanchez of Thunderbeast. I love this model and it's what I run and recommend if it will work on a customers weapon system.

Thanks ya'll. I see the SAS3 but is it the "less than 1.75" or "1.75 or larger"? I'm going to assume the less than...

My 30P-1 is still waiting on the F4 to clear so that bad boy isn't in my hands yet.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks ya'll. I see the SAS3 but is it the "less than 1.75" or "1.75 or larger"? I'm going to assume the less than...

My 30P-1 is still waiting on the F4 to clear so that bad boy isn't in my hands yet.
frown.gif
</div></div>

It is 1.5", so yes less than 1.75". When you order one there is a place on the order form for you to put what can you have so you get the right cover.

Cool, thanks. Will be ordering the cover and the "Dope Thing" in a few...

Tony, any updates on high rate of fire compatible covers? I need some can condoms before I damage them
laugh.gif

I have the SAS3 for my .308 can. Another +1 for high quality TAB Gear....also love their mat, slings, etc etc etc.

Testing is moving in a positive manner Ishikawa. I did some more testing last week and need to send the results off to the factory to see what they have to say.

I'm excited with the results we've been seeing so far.

I have a couple TABs and love them. I somehow shot my 762-SD one off a couple months ago and had to order another one. I don't think I had it on pver the back of the can like you are supposed to. It must have slipped forward and I didn't notice. Of course it wass Multicam and I couldn't find it.

I love everything I have that is TAB gear and have used a few of their suppressor covers and loved them. I will be ordering a few of them shortly. Can't go wrong with TAB

Got my TAB cover today, nice piece of gear, can't wait to use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What version you guys running on a DTA, with a 30P1?? SAS3 or 2? </div></div>

I don't think the host will matter, for my 30P-1 I went with the SAS3 per Tony and other members.

I really like my elite iron covers....takes awhile to figure out lacing but they work well and look great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What version you guys running on a DTA, with a 30P1?? SAS3 or 2? </div></div>

I don't think the host will matter, for my 30P-1 I went with the SAS3 per Tony and other members. </div></div>

It does when you're running a 22" barrel on a DTA. This brings it just beyond flush of the rail/fore end.

I'm not 100% sure, about 90% sure that a SAS3 cover built for the 30P-1 would fit just fine on a 22" DTA.

The back of the cover fits into the scallop at the back of the 30P-1 so the cover won't extend much past the back of the threaded part of the can. If someone could post a picture of a 30P-1 can mounted on the DTA I'd like to see it. I think I can determine from a picture whether or not it would work out.

Tony, do you guys have a version to fit the Surefire 762SS or do I need to enter the size info on the Rifles Only web store?

We try to stock several of the most commonly ordered sizes in inventory.

We don't keep them according to manufacturer, we keep them according to size based on diameter and length.

So for instance if you have an AAC, Surefire, Gemtech, and a Yankee Hill can and they all measure say 1.5x8.5 we would send the same cover for each of these brands.

When you place an order you will need to provide the diameter and length, along with the model and color. If they have it in stock it ships pretty quickly. If it is not in stock then the order is sent to us. We try to get all orders that are sent to us out the door inside of two weeks, and it'll be drop shipped directly to you.

The Surefire 762SS is a pretty popular can, it's possible that they may have inventory for that in stock. I don't have a way of checking inventory availability myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For crying out loud S&J, $62.00 for a cover that is over a can that cost at least, what, $800 and maybe twice that, or more.

We've never raised prices from day one either, over three years now.

I've got customers who are using our cover on .338's and have over 3000 rounds through them with no problems so far.

We try to make our gear as affordable as we can, we're proud of what we make, and we feel like the customer is getting a great deal for their hard earned money no matter what piece of TAB GEAR they purchase.

I do appreciate your interest though.</div></div> That post made me laugh pretty hard. Oh, by the way, all my suppressor covers are Tabs and they are made well. I do have some burn marks on some of them but that is because I get a little over enthusiastic sometimes with the AR's...it happens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not 100% sure, about 90% sure that a SAS3 cover built for the 30P-1 would fit just fine on a 22" DTA.

The back of the cover fits into the scallop at the back of the 30P-1 so the cover won't extend much past the back of the threaded part of the can. If someone could post a picture of a 30P-1 can mounted on the DTA I'd like to see it. I think I can determine from a picture whether or not it would work out. </div></div>

Here's mine with a Delta P adapter, so I didn't have to cut it down to 5/8x24.

eaa7142cfead471d0d4c136bb026ccfb.jpg

b8a54d96ad7e40ad72e39df092b4e317.jpg

About 98% sure now it'll fit, especially with the adapter you're using. Can you post a pic 90 degrees from the bore looking directly at the adapter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That post made me laugh pretty hard. Oh, by the way, all my suppressor covers are Tabs and they are made well. I do have some burn marks on some of them but that is because I get a little over enthusiastic sometimes with the AR's...it happens.</div></div>
Same thing happened to my TAB SAS2 for my Ops Inc 12th. A buddy dumped 2 full mags at the end of a bunch of slow fire before I could pull the cover off. The smell of melted rubber/nylon was not pleasant. Like you said, it happens. Ordering another, this time an SAS3 for both my 12th Model and 3rd Model cans. Outstanding covers and worth every cent, and then some. The effect on mirage in the optics is pronounced and sorely missed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 98% sure now it'll fit, especially with the adapter you're using. Can you post a pic 90 degrees from the bore looking directly at the adapter? </div></div>

6c2c6f97a5c41cca4177833870d77994.jpg

Tburkes.
How much of a pia is it to slide the sas3 rearward or forward for cooling time? Don't think the sas2 will work on this config.