• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who the heck would want to drive a school bus?

lonegunman762x51

MSgt USAF ret.
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Possibly the worst job on earth for the shittiest people on earth, hauling the assholes of humanity to a school where they will do nothing all day and end up stupider than when you picked them up in the morning.

My wife works for a school district. Here are some of the bus driver rules. The only thing you are allowed to interject yourself into is to stop an active sexual assault. When the animals fight, leave them alone. If the animals attack you, you cannot defend yourself. If they fling poop or piss on the floor, you clean it up and they ride tomorrow. Verbal abuse, you are required to take it. Under no circumstance are these animals refused a ride, EVER. There is literally no limit to the animals behavior and no reason you will be allowed to protect yourself from it without you being charged with a crime and then fired. No matter what they do today, tomorrow they ride as usual. All this for $18.50 per hour.

90% of their drivers were retired guys who wanted a little part time gig, 2 or 3 hours in the morning and/or afternoon depending on demand. 90% of them simply quit. The school is okay with them quitting and assumes it will find people stupid enough to replace them, they have received no applicants for the last two weeks.

Apparently, the route to scumbag areas are so bad, that driver's have quit when forced to drive those routes and still zero effort at curbing student behavior. This combined with a stunning amount of vandalism in the school are making it a hell. Apparently, ripping the toilets off the floor is a Tiktok fad or some crap. They have closed all but two bathrooms and those have shitter monitors to make sure kids are not destroying them.

Act like an animal in class and melt down? No problem, they evacuate the class and let you go apeshit until the cops get there, in some cases causing tens of thousands of dollars in property damage. If you claim "emotional issues" then it is all free.

WTF is wrong with these kids? Even more so the idiot educators who empower them to do this stuff.

Pretty much none of that goes on here and they still can't get people to drive the buses.

It’s not the kids, it’s the parents. The parents are not parents, they are their children’s friends. They enable this type of behavior.

I’ve seen it first hand. These “parents” let their idiot kids do the same thing at home. I have a grandson I will not let in my home because of crap like this. And my daughter doesn’t understand why.

I'm in the school business. Most drivers I see are teachers, coaches and staff. Not many want to put up with the BS so they pay district employees. School staff from what I understand has less issues with the kids and more leeway with correction and discipline.

Yeah, here the school district is slipping into the bizarre. They removed resource officers so the thugs will feel safer. It is literally about 15% of the student body causing 90% of the trouble and they run wild. Some of them just walk down the halls ripping signs off the walls and kicking holes in the walls. Two years ago, these idiots asked for and received a huge levy and spent tens of millions of dollars on their schools, they are nicer than universities. They decided no more court for these problems, just try and find out "what the child needs" to make it stop acting out.

My suggestion of a few hard raps with an axe handle was rejected out of hand.

My dad told me when he was a kid his bus driver wouldn't let you on his bus if your shirt wasn't tucked in. This was in the mid 60's through the 70's.

Its all the parents fault. Or the lack thereof.

as we all know this has become a issue with all parts of society

it really stems down to the lack of consequences

there arent any consequences for behavior anymore for all ages

somewhere along the way we lost sight of consequences while instituting rehabilitation

in years past there may have been to harsh of punishment yet it seems the pendulum has swung to far the other direction like most societal issues do

The way I remember it, the driver has the master weapon. Push the driver a little to far and they'd slam the brakes making everyones main concern not flying into the dash at the front! I was always impresed with those brakes..

I was a school bus driver for a very short time about 30 years ago.
I was a substitute driver, elementary kids were great high school kids were cool.
middle school kids were miniature assholes.
Picked up a load of the little fuckers at school one afternoon.
Total chaos,screaming,fighting throwing crap wouldn’t sit down.
I stopped the bus and had a talk with them.
I was fired the next day, something about threatening to kill one.
Hmmmmm don’t remember that.

The way I remember it, the driver has the master weapon. Push the driver a little to far and they'd slam the brakes making everyones main concern not flying into the dash at the front! I was always impresed with those brakes..
I was thinking it.

Reactions: SDBguy95
I have a B CDL with passenger and air brake endorsements. I get at least 10 emails and a couple calls a month asking if I want to drive a school bus. They can’t keep them here in NC and nobody wants to do it. I used to drive a bus foe the state toting delinquent minors around. That’s a whole lot of fun when I takes 3 people and a driver to make sure the bus stays on the road

Anyone here remember 'swats' Usually it was with a big paddle that had holes drilled in the face to cut down on wind resistance. It cured bad behavior almost instantly.

If you got sent to the principal's office, she would turn on the loudspeaker in your home room so everyone could hear you getting swatted. THAT cured a lot of future bad behavior.

Whoever came up with 'Time Out' needs to be sent to the principal's office.

I thought most buses had cameras now? I think every classroom should too, but without kids held accountable, the only benefit would be to protect yourself from false accusations of physical assault, rape or statements.

Several stories of students making up rape/assault stories on teachers because they got mad.

I was a school bus driver for a very short time about 30 years ago.
I was a substitute driver, elementary kids were great high school kids were cool.
middle school kids were miniature assholes.
Picked up a load of the little fuckers at school one afternoon.
Total chaos,screaming,fighting throwing crap wouldn’t sit down.
I stopped the bus and had a talk with them.
I was fired the next day, something about threatening to kill one.
Hmmmmm don’t remember that.
Today you would lose your pew pews for red flag nonsense.

avoid these situations at all costs.

Reactions: PatMiles
Possibly the worst job on earth for the shittiest people on earth, hauling the assholes of humanity to a school where they will do nothing all day and end up stupider than when you picked them up in the morning.

My wife works for a school district. Here are some of the bus driver rules. The only thing you are allowed to interject yourself into is to stop an active sexual assault. When the animals fight, leave them alone. If the animals attack you, you cannot defend yourself. If they fling poop or piss on the floor, you clean it up and they ride tomorrow. Verbal abuse, you are required to take it. Under no circumstance are these animals refused a ride, EVER. There is literally no limit to the animals behavior and no reason you will be allowed to protect yourself from it without you being charged with a crime and then fired. No matter what they do today, tomorrow they ride as usual. All this for $18.50 per hour.

90% of their drivers were retired guys who wanted a little part time gig, 2 or 3 hours in the morning and/or afternoon depending on demand. 90% of them simply quit. The school is okay with them quitting and assumes it will find people stupid enough to replace them, they have received no applicants for the last two weeks.

Apparently, the route to scumbag areas are so bad, that driver's have quit when forced to drive those routes and still zero effort at curbing student behavior. This combined with a stunning amount of vandalism in the school are making it a hell. Apparently, ripping the toilets off the floor is a Tiktok fad or some crap. They have closed all but two bathrooms and those have shitter monitors to make sure kids are not destroying them.

Act like an animal in class and melt down? No problem, they evacuate the class and let you go apeshit until the cops get there, in some cases causing tens of thousands of dollars in property damage. If you claim "emotional issues" then it is all free.

WTF is wrong with these kids? Even more so the idiot educators who empower them to do this stuff.
My dad retired with FU money and picked up a part time job driving a bus for an elementary school out of boredom.

After a day or two of training, he predicted it was a tremendous mistake for the reasons mentioned above.

After the first week, he quit.

My brother got a masters in education and picked up a job as a teacher right out of college.

From day one, he predicted it was a tremendous mistake for the reasons mentioned above. He started doing odd jobs as a handyman until he had enough income to leave about two years later. He's a homebuilder in the outer banks and he's crushing it.

Reactions: NoDopes
No issues here. I know one of the drivers, 60's, retired, just did it because he was bored.

He said the couple issues he's had, he had a chat with the parents and the issues went away. He enjoys it, gets him out of it house.

Small town living, nobody can get too far without consequences.

My dad retired with FU money and picked up a part time job driving a bus for an elementary school out of boredom.

After a day or two of training, he predicted it was a tremendous mistake for the reasons mentioned above.

After the first week, he quit.

My brother got a masters in education and picked up a job as a teacher right out of college.

From day one, he predicted it was a tremendous mistake for the reasons mentioned above. He started doing odd jobs as a handyman until he had enough income to leave about two years later. He's a homebuilder in the outer banks and he's crushing it.

My youngest DIL wanted to teach. Taught one year private and loved it. Moved when she and the son married. Taught one semester at public and said never again.

Reactions: Crewdog135
Anyone here remember 'swats' Usually it was with a big paddle that had holes drilled in the face to cut down on wind resistance. It cured bad behavior almost instantly.

If you got sent to the principal's office, she would turn on the loudspeaker in your home room so everyone could hear you getting swatted. THAT cured a lot of future bad behavior.

Whoever came up with 'Time Out' needs to be sent to the principal's office.
I remember those paddles quite well. I remember Mr. Buchanan the assistant principle and gym teacher with arms like oak trees who administered 'correction'. My ass still hurts thinking about it.

No issues here. I know one of the drivers, 60's, retired, just did it because he was bored.

He said the couple issues he's had, he had a chat with the parents and the issues went away. He enjoys it, gets him out of it house.

Small town living, nobody can get too far without consequences.
Yeah, in the small rural southern town I grew up in either my mom, or one of her friends, was related to everybody else somehow. Every body knew everybody. You couldnt fart to loud with out it ending up in the local paper. Great place to grow up, I couldnt imagine having grown up in a big (or small) city.

Reactions: EddieNFL
We can't get drivers here because they changed the licensing requirements, and no one is jumping through all those hoops for a couple hours per week.

You can defend your self, but only in a defensive manner prescribed by crisis intervention trainings. Most of those methods involve immobilizing one of their hands with two of yours, while leaving the other a free shot at your face.

I remember those paddles quite well. I remember Mr. Buchanan the assistant principle and gym teacher with arms like oak trees who administered 'correction'. My ass still hurts thinking about it.
Yep. My principal in jr. high was Mr. Livengood this was like 1965. He was a Marine Korean war vet with a scar down his face and sort of resembled Jack Webb on Dragnet. I only fucked up one time after he administered the "correction" for my behavior.

The Internet, Social media and bad parenting are the cause of bad kids.

Last edited:
People who are too smart to work fast food, but too dumb to become a cop?

Personally I think it should be the parents job to get their crotch fruit to the school I’m forced to pay for, or better yet they should only pay for.

Yeah, in the small rural southern town I grew up in either my mom, or one of her friends, was related to everybody else somehow. Every body knew everybody. You couldnt fart to loud with out it ending up in the local paper. Great place to grow up, I couldnt imagine having grown up in a big (or small) city.
You know, I grew up in Phoenix. Believe it or not it was a small town back then, not so much now. If you screwed up, you couldn't get home before your parents knew about it. It didn't matter if it was at school, walking home from school, or even thinking about screwing up; your parents knew about it. If mom found out first, she would always utter those dreaded words 'wait until your father gets home'. Our 'family court system' worked under the premise of 'you're guilty until proven innocent'. Only once in my lifetime did I ever receive a punishment I didn't deserve, I can't count the number of times I didn't get punished when I should of.

Overall I think I turned out OK, but I still flinch if you raise a chalkboard pointer in my peripheral vision. (damn Nuns) :LOL:

could be a great investment as a Mobil reloading platform to travel the country and shoot at ranges all over the place .

Pretty much none of that goes on here and they still can't get people to drive the buses.
Same here. On the other hand I drove a school bus in high school. Took off the governors, raced them, turned around the windshield waher nozzles to shoot the kids.....all kinds of fun shiznit. This was of course before Karens, wokeness and PC stupidity on empty middle of nowhere country roads. Even at what we did I cannot imagine the high schoolers of today driving a bus.

I was raised to believe the minimum standard as a passenger was to greet the driver, make sure no one else needs the seat and then take a seat. If someone elderly, disabled, pregnant or appears exhausted, to offer my seat.

I was made to apologize to the driver and offer to clean the bus because grandma found out I ate in the bus.

I can see the standards have slipped.

I think that living in large cities is unhealthy and creates this sort of thing naturally.
Amen.

I grew up spending half my time with great grand and grandma in the mountains, and half in the city.

Heck was I culturally confused.

Otis Maynard. I haven't been on a bus in over 35 years. I still remember his name which is to say I remember his demeaner.......with mean being the important part. He was never afraid to grab brake and jerk the wheel 90° to grab some kid by the hair when his commands weren't absorbed.

Our parenting skills, and I'm not everyone's, has gone to complete shit. We pulled stupid little shit in school and if caught, paid the price as if we had murdered someone. Today, kids face ABSOFUCKINLUTELYZERO consequences for their actions. Shitstain lawyers, liberals in power, and absentee lazy POS parents have turned our educational system into a cesspool of failure and dragging down any student and parent who cares right along with it. I'm seriously considering telling my son to avoid having kids.

Reactions: 6.5SH

Do they put litter boxes in the bathroom?

man things have changed
When I was a kid, the bus drivers were the hatchet faced cedar chopper women from tough old local clans. One was a former lady wrestler.

They could scream at you louder than a hog caller. It was from their Scotch Irish Appalachian roots.

You fuck up you got kicked off the bus.

Reactions: 6.5SH and Doc68
giphy.gif

Speaking of "it's the parents", I'm reminded of a recent post I saw somewhere. Reddit, maybe. They asked teachers about their worst students and when they knew something was wrong/caused the behavioral issues. One person said the student was accused of something. They had teachers and students who had witnessed the incident, had it on video from the school CCTV, School Resource Officer witnessed it as well, etc. The mother was sitting in the school hearing and her comment was, "I don't know why all these people be lying on my baby." And there it is in a nutshell