• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who would you have built a quality rifle?

I went on the high end to buffer my estimate high.

You can spec a defiance up there, you can spec a Borden up there. Bat HR is a great lapua repeater action and can be specked up to that price range. Plenty of people told op how cheap they could build a rifle. I wanted to show that that quote is still high with selecting some of the most expensive parts and a pricier smith job.
Agreed!

I would tell the OP. You can build an entire setup with a decent optic included for $7k. If you shop in the px you can top it with a ZCO if you do it right

Personally Iā€™d start with spending my money on:

- Barreled action: this is the heart of your gun. A solid action and solid barrel will make or break the system

- Optic: buy a forever optic to start. Wether is NF/SB/ZCO/Khales etc. The optic can always follow the upgrades to the gun

- If you want to cut the cost then cut on the stock/chassis. A KRG bravo would give you everything you need for a lot less money. Then upgrade in the future

If you ā€œNEEDā€ the AI chassis and want a bullet proof $7k system. Then spend the money on the real deal.

@TheBigCountry and @kthomas have some good points above

Or a bushnell DMR III that while not ZCO, is pretty darn good for under $1500.

And take 2 classes. šŸ˜‰
Lack of illumination kills it for me on that one. Iā€™d get a used LRTSi or the DMRII-i if I was ballin on a budget.

Not a bad option either.

The OP really needs to be more transparent about what he/she wants to accomplish with the rifle, and what the objectives are.

We can spec out a rifle from $1500 to $10,000, if we have no real parameters to work with. There's quite a spectrum to rifles.
Exactly. Iā€™ve wanted an AI for a long time, but I canā€™t justify it, yet, based on Iā€™ve never been behind one, and the upfront cost. It may happen one day.

I went the easy route of the Origin spun up by Keystone with a Krieger, the Bravo with a TT, topped it with a DMRII-i when Midway was blowing them out, and it does everything I need. Itā€™s not the new hotness, but the damn thing shoots and I had money left over to buy more ammo.

Reactions: kthomas
If I was looking to have a custom rifle built and was a patient person, Tac ops would be my first choice. Most likely, Longrifles inc. will be building my next rifle though.

If I was looking to have a custom rifle built and was a patient person, Tac ops would be my first choice. Most likely, Longrifles inc. will be building my next rifle though.
LRI is an excellent option. Iā€™ve had a few things done there. Great work, excellent communication, keep you up to date on exactly where your item is and very quick turn around time

If you act fast ARC has a killer sale of their stuff right now. Nucleus $725 I think, and I just picked up an archimedes for $825. Sale goes through tomorrow I believe.

Reactions: BuLLet
Itā€™s funny how I went from ā€œIā€™d never wait months on a Smith!ā€ to ā€œOnly six months? Sign me up!ā€

Reactions: Bradu