• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Who's the Kubota mechanic?

Waorani

Crusty Caballero
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Greenbow, AL
Know there's someone here that's a Kubota mechanic but can't remember who. Looking at a new Kubota V1505B engine for a possible generator project but can't find much about it. 3 cylinder and HP ratings for other V1505 series seem to be all over the place. Owner says 50hp but I don't believe it. Thinking it's more like 30hp at 3k rpm which ain't going to work.

I'm a Kubota mechanic. The V1505 engine has been around a long time, and has had many evolutions. Is it turbocharged? Any emissions equipment like a diesel particulate filter? If so it is around 30-40 horsepower. It currently resides in the LX3310 tractor, the F3990 commercial mower/snowblower, and the ZD1511 zero turn mower.

The non turbo, non egr engines are 23hp. Was the engine sold as just a powerplant or is it out of a piece of equipment?

Edit to add: the specs for HP are from memory and from the V1505-E4 operators manual.

Last edited:
Not turbocharged/no DPF. In an enclosure like it might have been a genset but no labels and owner is vague/doesn't know.

I also just noticed you said it's a 3 cylinder. The 1505 is a 4 cylinder. It could be a D1105, or a D1305 engine if it is in fact 3 cylinders. All Kubota engines will have the engine model and serial number stamped into the block, usually by the injection pump. I've also seen the engine model number cast into the block.

1s-l1600.jpg2s-l1600.jpg3s-l1600.jpg4s-l1600.jpg5s-l1600.jpg

Looks like 1105D cast in block despite label.

Reactions: Bender
Supposed to be new but so much wrong about this I'm going to pass. Thanks for the info.

@JMGlasgow - another Kubota question. I'm looking at the small Lane Shark (https://lanesharkusa.com/) for my L4630. Already have third function for grapple but these require a return to sump line. Dealer wants $1k to plumb but thinking it shouldn't be that hard to run a return to sump line. Any thoughts/best point to return to sump?

The least expensive way to do that is to have a hose made to run back to your transmission fill port. I don't remember the thread pitch but it is a common size and then adapt from there to fit.

BTW, I'm no longer a tech for Kubota. I'll still help where I can though.

I picked up a used 6 foot brush hog I run on my Kubota....no hydraulics, pto only.
Works better than you can imagine and was $300.
If I remember right my tractor is a L3430 HST ?? I'd have to look to be certain (perhaps it's a 4340...dunno, I just run the bitch, I don't stare at it).
It runs the brush hog like it's not even there and will knock down 5-6 foot crp very cleanly and no prob with saplings 1 inch or a bit more.
I'd definitely look around at the used equipment stuff local.....might save a few k.

The least expensive way to do that is to have a hose made to run back to your transmission fill port. I don't remember the thread pitch but it is a common size and then adapt from there to fit.

BTW, I'm no longer a tech for Kubota. I'll still help where I can though.
Thanks, I've seen other references to returning to fill port so maybe I'll give that a try. I'd be really pissed if I paid $1k and that's all they did.

Mine is tee'd in to 3rd function return with larger hose. with the install you get a fancy switch panel so you dont have to hold button.

View attachment 7883811
View attachment 7883814

That's more along the lines of what I was hoping for. Mine has same block and I knew one of the ports had to be return to sump but hadn't got that far yet. I should probably get the Lane Shark switch but trying to save a few $$ and I read comments (from folks that probably don't have LS) about potential for overheating hydraulic fluid in continuous mode. Finally had a chance to look at both LS sizes in stock earlier this week and was generally impressed with what I could see of the construction. My 4630 is rated for 9.8 GPM, which should run either one according to LS specs, but thinking I should probably go with the smaller unit.

How do you like yours and which size are you running?

Continuous flow through the 3rd function valve is what overheats the fluid, it's the friction caused by fluid moving through the valve. Maybe there is an optional cooler that can go on the LS. The oil cooler on the tractor isn't very efficient.

I've seen overheated fluid melt hoses and seals.

I am running the 4' unit on a 5200. Have not had overheating issues but have not yet run it this summer.
After the big freeze here in Tx 2 years ago all my trails were blocked by youpon bushes and small trees. We spent many days clearing by hand for the main trails which sucks when you are old. Still had a few hundred yards left and cleared them in a couple hrs with this thing.

So yah I love this thing! Also run the shredder on the rear at the same time so it chops it all up.

Reactions: Waorani
I am running the 4' unit on a 5200. Have not had overheating issues but have not yet run it this summer.
After the big freeze here in Tx 2 years ago all my trails were blocked by youpon bushes and small trees. We spent many days clearing by hand for the main trails which sucks when you are old. Still had a few hundred yards left and cleared them in a couple hrs with this thing.

So yah I love this thing! Also run the shredder on the rear at the same time so it chops it all up.

MX5200? If so that's rated as a little less flow than my old L4630 so maybe the bigger one will work for me. I'm going to have to go back to local Kubota/LS dealer and nail this down a little better. Maybe there was some misunderstanding on the setup costs. I'd rather not go through the 3rd function if possible and if the LS valve/switch will avoid the overheating issue.