• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Why do democrats dislike the middle class?

They live the middle class, they just hate white people that aren’t poor or activists and are economically illiterate to the extent that they don’t understand the consequences of their policies.

I'm a registered republican with conservative values. However, I'm not convinced either party gives a schitt about the middle class. We got a nice break with Trumps tax cuts. That was little more than throwing out a bone to the middle class to get the law passed. The wealthy were the primary beneficiaries as well as corporate America. As I remember it, individual tax cuts phase out in a few years and corporate America's cuts are permanent. What this country needs is a true third party to represent the middle class...
How many poor folks you ever work for? Poor people don't own businesses. If you want to see what happens to the unemployment numbers under high tax/over regulation, look back about 5,6,7,8 years ago. Don't get me wrong, repubs bear some responsibility for some of the ills of the country, but I have never seen a political party as overtly hostile to corporations and working class people as the dems are. I have no problem with companies getting tax breaks if they're creating jobs and sourcing materials from right here in the good ol USA. I'm not poor because the guy down the street is a millionaire.

Andrew Mellon said:

“The fairness of taxing more lightly income from wages, salaries or from investments is beyond question. In the first case, the income is uncertain and limited in duration; sickness or death destroys it and old age diminishes it; in the other, the source of income continues; the income may be disposed of during a man’s life and it descends to his heirs.”

The capital gains tax should be equivalent to the tax on earned income and both should be relatively low and have deduction except for capital loss.

The Leviathan needs to be starved.

As liberal as I would allow taxes to be is a flat tax of 10 percent.

You by default get some wealth redistribution with a flat tax.

Why should a person making 1M pay $100K in taxes assuming 10% tax while someone making $100K pays $10K. Did the rich guy get more service.

True tax would be based on budget divided equally across the entire population but that would be unworkable.

and.....No one should avoid tax.

Everyone must have skin in the game.

What are you going to do about people who simply can’t pay? And for that matter, since that level of taxation can’t pay for the parts of federal spending that are actually mandated by the Constitution, what are you going to cut there?

What are you going to do about people who simply can’t pay? And for that matter, since that level of taxation can’t pay for the parts of federal spending that are actually mandated by the Constitution, what are you going to cut there?

I think you vastly overestimate the amount of spending "Mandated by the Constitution".

The whole idea of income tax or property tax is wrong and evil to begin with.

If you have to have a tax, then you can do something like a simple 10% sales tax on all goods and services sold at the end point of sale. (NONE of this VAT BS at all). Then the government just have to live off that and tough luck if somebody whines the government needs more money.

Everybody pays the same sales tax with no exceptions, no rebates, no "I'm poor" BS no "I'm Rich" BS either.

I think you vastly overestimate the amount of spending "Mandated by the Constitution".

The whole idea of income tax or property tax is wrong and evil to begin with.

If you have to have a tax, then you can do something like a simple 10% sales tax on all goods and services sold at the end point of sale. (NONE of this VAT BS at all). Then the government just have to live off that and tough luck if somebody whines the government needs more money.

Everybody pays the same sales tax with no exceptions, no rebates, no "I'm poor" BS no "I'm Rich" BS either.

You are pointing out the 900 pound gorilla in the room by challenging mandated spending. They could fully fund (hey, the free spenders love that term) all of the Enumerated Powers, send a clear message to all the taxpayers and the financial markets by making a substantial payment against the principal of our national debt (I don't think that has ever been done) and stop. Full STOP! Not one more dime.

Taxes and spending would be dramatically reduced. The boost to economic activity would be astounding.

I do disagree with proposing a sales tax. A working stiff would end up paying a higher rate than Warren Buffett. He can bank the bulk of his earnings. Somehow my paycheck gets spent completely. A mix of income and sales would work though because everyone would have skin in the game. Too many people want all these "free" services because they pay nothing at all. We could give them all a warm welcome to the club that pays the freight and does the heavy lifting around here. Many hands lighten the work.

Reactions: Bender
Defense alone including intelligence agencies is nearly a billion.

If you don’t have to pay property taxes does the government still have to enforce your claim to your land or must you hire mercenaries to do that?

People like you think you are conservative. You are actually some kind of anarchists.

Reactions: phlegethon
I do disagree with proposing a sales tax. A working stiff would end up paying a higher rate than Warren Buffett. He can bank the bulk of his earnings. Somehow my paycheck gets spent completely. A mix of income and sales would work though because everyone would have skin in the game.

That's how they trap you with that... but the rich..... BS
It's EXACTLY why we now have run away taxation and spending.

First, NEVER let the government have multiple taxation streams if you can help it. It's near impossible fighting raises on one, let alone 2.
Keep the government to one tax stream only and that makes it transparent.

Letting the government into your "Income tax" basically invites them into taking over your life like it is now. So NO
A flat sales tax restricts the government from probing into your life as they can only probe into commercial sales.
Also a NO on every level top to bottom on ANY form of "Property tax", none of this.... for the children BS.... otherwise you own nothing but just rent it from the government.

You can bank your earnings just the same as the rich.
But when they go to spend it, guess what... yep TAX on all goods and services, so they want to buy up shares in a company, well no problem, that's taxable. They want to import foreign stuff, well go for it, but if they are the end user and it's not being resold then they pay the tax on it, if they are reselling it, then they are responsible to track it till the tax gets paid.

If everybody from purchase $1 on up pays the same tax rate then everybody has skin in the game and the class / race baiters can't use envy to trick folks into giving them more power / money.

That's how they trap you with that... but the rich..... BS
It's EXACTLY why we now have run away taxation and spending.

First, NEVER let the government have multiple taxation streams if you can help it. It's near impossible fighting raises on one, let alone 2.
Keep the government to one tax stream only and that makes it transparent.

Letting the government into your "Income tax" basically invites them into taking over your life like it is now. So NO
A flat sales tax restricts the government from probing into your life as they can only probe into commercial sales.
Also a NO on every level top to bottom on ANY form of "Property tax", none of this.... for the children BS.... otherwise you own nothing but just rent it from the government.

You can bank your earnings just the same as the rich.
But when they go to spend it, guess what... yep TAX on all goods and services, so they want to buy up shares in a company, well no problem, that's taxable. They want to import foreign stuff, well go for it, but if they are the end user and it's not being resold then they pay the tax on it, if they are reselling it, then they are responsible to track it till the tax gets paid.

If everybody from purchase $1 on up pays the same tax rate then everybody has skin in the game and the class / race baiters can't use envy to trick folks into giving them more power / money.

Post GIF of Orson Welles clapping here.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
3imvenu1dvn11.jpg

I don’t think Maser had any trouble understanding. I also understand the difference. You sure are worked up though.

If you are healthy enough to be buying trucks, going on vacation, educating your kids, edit and obtaining non cellular/non internet communications, martial skills, and the tools to use them, you will be very hard to control edit.

FIFY

Add to that a big dose of I no longer give a fuck and you become very dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: TACC
They dislike us because we have a work ethic, work to support ourselves and our families, pay our own way, make our own decisions, and solve our own problems, all without the help of some government stooge with a bad combover.

Reactions: camotoe and TACC
Defense alone including intelligence agencies is nearly a billion.

If you don’t have to pay property taxes does the government still have to enforce your claim to your land or must you hire mercenaries to do that?

People like you think you are conservative. You are actually some kind of anarchists.

You have zero coherent arguments, and I've read this whole thread five times trying to make sense of you.

Reactions: Bender and mardad
You have zero coherent arguments, and I've read this whole thread five times trying to make sense of you.

If you don’t pay property taxes why would the government send people to eject trespassers or thieves or allow you to go to court to defend your title to land? That’s what you’re paying for, government protection to your rights.

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
If you don’t pay property taxes why would the government send people to eject trespassers or thieves or allow you to go to court to defend your title to land? That’s what you’re paying for, government protection to your rights.

if I government won't send people to eject trespassers and thieves, it also can't send people to arrest me when I dispose of said trespassers and thieves.

I can protect my rights very well all on my own.

Only cowards need agents of the state to do their bidding.

Are you actually serious?

Property taxes are the most evil and vile of taxes because it ROBS you of ownership and makes you forever a serf and renter of your own property under threat of murder if you refuse to pay.

Are you actually serious?

Property taxes are the most evil and vile of taxes because it ROBS you of ownership and makes you forever a serf and renter of your own property under threat of murder if you refuse to pay.

Property taxes are stupid. Land value taxes are smart. The value of land is typically predicated on improvements paid for by others, and your taxes paid on it are in exchange for those improvements that increase your value and for governments role
in securing your interest in the land. You like the fact that you could contest a faked deed in court correct?

The value of land is typically predicated on improvements paid for by others, and your taxes paid on it are in exchange for those improvements that increase your value and for governments role in securing your interest in the land.
Holy shit you're full fucking blown communist

You like the fact that you could contest a faked deed in court correct?
I can contest a faked deed on my land. I'll kill the fucker.

How many poor folks you ever work for? Poor people don't own businesses. If you want to see what happens to the unemployment numbers under high tax/over regulation, look back about 5,6,7,8 years ago. Don't get me wrong, repubs bear some responsibility for some of the ills of the country, but I have never seen a political party as overtly hostile to corporations and working class people as the dems are. I have no problem with companies getting tax breaks if they're creating jobs and sourcing materials from right here in the good ol USA. I'm not poor because the guy down the street is a millionaire.

globalism also dictates that companies be allowed to bring in foreign slave labor (metaphorically speaking) to work for a fraction of what Americans need to maintain a middle-class standard of living.

So these F-ers sign up every university graduate from India and Pakistan, give them work visas which turn into green cards, and pay them 1/3 of what they'd have to pay your son or daughter. So American kids are out of work, and foreigners are being given the better jobs, while the stockholders make money hand over fist at the expense of their countrymen. And that doesn't even scratch the problem of affirmative action in government jobs, where some ex-taliban schmoe comes here and is given a bureaucratic job, and then American ex-servicemen and women have to go to him with hat in hand, and beg for benefits/permits/whatever.

Property taxes are stupid. Land value taxes are smart. The value of land is typically predicated on improvements paid for by others, and your taxes paid on it are in exchange for those improvements that increase your value and for governments role
in securing your interest in the land. You like the fact that you could contest a faked deed in court correct?

Property taxes have NOTHING to do with if you want to have a functioning system of laws and courts.

Your entire argument that unless I agree to be a serf and a renter on my own property that the law shouldn't protect me is bogus from the get go.
That's the entire reason we have laws and allow a government to exist.... and they can exist JUST FINE without property taxes which almost ALWAYS are about free stuff for somebody else.

We could also get along without the local government if we had to... someone files a fake deed on my or one of my neighbour's properties, we form a posse and go kill them... all done like the old days.

And actually the government is the one who is protecting these evil scum artists like the ones that want to try to squat or seize or file fake documents on your property, without police protection they would be shot dead on sight by the local populace.

Someone says this here paper says I'm the owner of your friends property and my friend says that's not the case, well free target practice will settle the matter right quick.

Amen. If a democrat president today said "Ask not what your country can do for you", dems would scream at the sky and run for a safe space.
It is astonishing what the Dem party has become in just the last decade

You place a lot of emphasis on your ability to generate combat power. What happens when you run into someone with more? Have you not read “Leviathan” by Thomas Hobbes?

Local government is more important than national government.

Reactions: SethB
My parents were (southern) democrats. Didn't take me long after Carter's election to decide I wasn't.

They switched when Reagan ran.
I went to school in AL(southern Democrats) and have several friends who were born and raised there and still reside in and around AL/GA/LA/FL. Very similar story to yours as many of these guys I went to school with were raised in liberal democrat households. As life began after college they grew to embrace more conservative values and are all to the right side of the spectrum now.

Why should I pay the government for that? I’m fully capable of all that all by myself.
This year I will spend about 18k in property tax. Over half of it goes to the school system. It’s not in the best interest of mine or my community’s interest to continue to fund that disaster.

Last edited:
Your community doesn't have an interest in literacy and worker development?

No. The community has no stock in either. Individuals do and business do. Individuals can purchase their own education and businesses can invest in the types of education and vocational training it needs.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Your community doesn't have an interest in literacy and worker development?
Yea, as a matter of fact it does. Do you know where all the smart high school graduates and willing participants in the work force went? Cause I sure as hell cant find them.

Reactions: TACC
You still have not proven that property taxes are required to fund government. We're not going to accept "because I said so"
I have no problem with property tax - as long as we limit voting rights to people who pay them, as out founding fathers wanted. All the other taxes, and the seething mass of bureaucratic leeches that they support, can all be done away with however.

No. The community has no stock in either. Individuals do and business do. Individuals can purchase their own education and businesses can invest in the types of education and vocational training it needs.

Exactly.

Education is primarily the parent's responsibility.
I have NO responsibility to pay for or work to educate anyone else or their children.
I also have NO desire to fund communist indoctrination of the children or support those who indoctrinate them.

You'd be surprised at how much more children value their education if they actually have to work hard to get it and learn when they can from where they can rather than just have "learning" shoveled in their faces.

That being said, I'd be happy to help teach those that want to learn at the local church in my spare time that I'd have more of if my money wasn't being taken away.

I have no problem with property tax - as long as we limit voting rights to people who pay them, as out founding fathers wanted. All the other taxes, and the seething mass of bureaucratic leeches that they support, can all be done away with however.

NO

That's a trap.

It will go down exactly as it did the last time....
Somebody will whine about "unfair" to only let the "rich land owners" vote and eventually after a couple decades or a century of whining they will find enough weak people to let them win one way or another, at the ballot box or in corrupt courtrooms.

Don't let yourself become a serf on your own land.

Reactions: 308pirate
So was thinking, maybe some of our SH democrats can help answer the posted question.

Why do democrats dislike the middle class?

In one breath they talk about "Trumps tax cut" not helping the middle class (which it did), while in the next breath they want to raise taxes?

So, why? I am genuinely interested.

THE "MIDDLE CLASS" THEY SPEAK OF IS ACTUALLY THE LOWER CLASS, THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO COME OUT AND SAY THAT.

Reactions: OldSalty
Have you seen the intelligence levels of recent graduates? Hell, AOC graduated cum laude from Boston University, and she's about as sharp as a bowling ball.

I hear that AOC just had a press conference where she complained about schools teaching Civics.

she said there are so many other nice cars out there, and they should be taught about too.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate