• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why do you drink

I like Tequila but I seldom drink it...makes Bad Nik emerge

I hear stuff like this all the time. What’s different about tequila than other alcohols? I had a good friend who told me he loved tequila but he couldn’t drink it because it made him mean. He said he had no problem with beer or whiskey. I really didn’t pay much attention to it until he got into a fight with his live-in girlfriend and blew his brains out with a 12 ga. 870. I remembered the earlier comment and somehow found a subtle way of asking. Yes, he was drinking tequila that night. Very Weird.

That is one of life’s mysteries.

I really have no answer since ethanol is involved in all booze. Why is ethanol from tequila different than ethanol from bourbon. Shouldn’t be but it is at least for me.

I hear stuff like this all the time. What’s different about tequila than other alcohols? I had a good friend who told me he loved tequila but he couldn’t drink it because it made him mean. He said he had no problem with beer or whiskey. I really didn’t pay much attention to it until he got into a fight with his live-in girlfriend and blew his brains out with a 12 ga. 870. I remembered the earlier comment and somehow found a subtle way of asking. Yes, he was drinking tequila that night. Very Weird.

He had bigger issues than tequila. But it sounds like he took care of them with his 870. The old fire water will unleash the demons in people

Oh, clearly he did. But I'm just wondering why tequila seems to affect people differently than other alcohols.

Adkins diet along with the Keto diet will stop you up worse than eating MREs for a month. Bourbon is friendly to those diets and will help keep you regular.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
Adkins diet along with the Keto diet will stop you up worse than eating MREs for a month. Bourbon is friendly to those diets and will help keep you regular.

I haven't experienced that.

Only issue in that area is my turds are so fat laden now you could wrap them around a wick and burn them as turd candles, Kind of the anti aromatherapy product I guess.

My whiskey introduction was totally the result of abandoning beer carbs.

Limit your cheese intake is the key.
I haven't experienced that.

Only issue in that area is my turds are so fat laden now you could wrap them around a wick and burn them as turd candles, Kind of the anti aromatherapy product I guess.

My whiskey introduction was totally the result of abandoning beer carbs.

Other than a glass of wine with dinner, the only time I drink at home is when we have people over...I drink out when I drink....as much as I like high quality liquor, I can also be a slut and drink shit. I like shots of Jaeger
Anybody who drinks Jaeger is a barbaric stud!

• Haha
Reactions: Nik H
Honesty: Because Im an alcoholic.

Healthy: alcohol keeps your arteries from clogging up with fat and plaque.

Tough guy: Because EFF YOU! that's why. I will kick your ass; and your twin brother standing next to you. Why are you two dressed the same?

Reloading: I only reload when I'm drinking. If something works don't change it.

Last edited:
I started the evening with a snort of Jameson's black barrel. Moved to Old Forester 1920. Finishing up with Whistle Pig.
What'd be a good whiskey to get my pap on his bday? Johnny Walker Blue Label..??
go firs class Jameson
What'd be a good whiskey to get my pap on his bday? Johnny Walker Blue Label..??
go first class and get him bottle of Jameson and then make him a great Old Fashion....well that would float my boat anyway

Because weed is still a schedule 1 drug and it makes me paranoid. Hank and meth are just... NO!

drink to exercise some discipline. As a lightweight I may get two glasses then I know I should call it done. Go beyond that Im probably risking things on the road. If at home Im probably going to have to pilot the bed and wake up feeling like shit. After one of those Im usually screwed and wont be able to enjoy drinking again for a period of time, so I must be rigorous in "pacing" myself.

Drinking is a skill - you either do it right and look professional or you fuck it up and make an ass of yourself.

Whatever you drink.....drink it because its what you want to do, not compelled or craving to do!

Man, those are some of my exact sentiments as well. Well said. Did my fair share of partying in my younger years, but thankfully grew out of it. In my 40s now and I have lost one friend to alcoholism and have a few others that aren't too far away. I still like to enjoy a good microbrew, a good bourbon, or a good margarita. Thankfully, I seem to have developed an internal off switch. I can take it right to the point of being relaxed and feeling good, but won't start going downhill. Oddly, typing this has somehow made me want to go get a drink now. Go figure.

Reactions: timesublime
Man, those are some of my exact sentiments as well. Well said. Did my fair share of partying in my younger years, but thankfully grew out of it. In my 40s now and I have lost one friend to alcoholism and have a few others that aren't too far away. I still like to enjoy a good microbrew, a good bourbon, or a good margarita. Thankfully, I seem to have developed an internal off switch. I can take it right to the point of being relaxed and feeling good, but won't start going downhill. Oddly, typing this has somehow made me want to go get a drink now. Go figure.

image.jpg

I'm in the army.

Friday safety briefs
Online training
SHARP training(seems monthly)
EO training, see above.
Soldiers who buy cars way out of their budget and then need to get AER loans.
More online training
Staff Duty
Try to explain to your CO that you need a class 8 DODAC to order medical supplies.
Get assigned to an MP unit.
Find out you have a hiatal hernia
Find out they won't give you any kind of pain meds for 4 crushed vertebrate, besides Motrin

Did I leave anything out.......

I'm in the army.

Friday safety briefs
Online training
SHARP training(seems monthly)
EO training, see above.
Soldiers who buy cars way out of their budget and then need to get AER loans.
More online training
Staff Duty
Try to explain to your CO that you need a class 8 DODAC to order medical supplies.
Get assigned to an MP unit.
Find out you have a hiatal hernia
Find out they won't give you any kind of pain meds for 4 crushed vertebrate, besides Motrin

Did I leave anything out.......
Yeah, what's your poison?

Because WL Weller and Basil Hayden taste good and are half the price (or less) of Balvenie.

I drink as a way to manage being married and not lose my kids. Sucks, but it's either live in this prison of a marriage or not see me boy.... Booze it is

• Sad
Reactions: powdahound76
Pay attention to the emptiness of the bottles and you'll find the winner!

View attachment 7255934
That's because you have black barrel??

Now the select reserve is where it's at. I also saw three new flavors in France when I visited Normandy. Forget the names. Don't know if they have them here in the states.

Also visited the Jameson distillery in Germany when I was on rotation there last year.

Doc

I drink as a way to manage being married and not lose my kids. Sucks, but it's either live in this prison of a marriage or not see me boy.... Booze it is
Yeah. That sucks ass for sure.

Yeah. I have been there buddy. It does suck ass in the end when I finally did leave, I lost my daughter anyway. It wasn't worth the 100k in the 401k, the $2000 a month alimony for the rest of my life and half my retirement.

But we all have to make our own value choices.

Best of luck.

I just had some water.

@magtech - sorry man. Been there. I came out pretty good in the end. Have my daughter 50% of the time.
Pay a little child support and 60% of my kids expenses.

If I couldnt have gotten 50% custody, not sure what I would have done.

Cant imagine life without my angel.

Again, sorry. Hit me up via PM if you wanna chat.

I have a few things that have worked for me, might be good for you. While I enjoy a drink and occasional buzz, I dont drink much volume, just 1-2 drinks anywhere from 2-5 days a week.

This is what this thread has done to/for me. It is now empty and it took me through a whole book. Now I will have to buy it by the case!
I tried this brand because I own a 1908 Winchester Sporting Rifle, Model 1994 .30 WCF
Don't read anything into my choice of books. I read any and everything and believe nothing!
Winchester Bourbon Whiskey.jpg

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Well Nik gave me a hankering for a good Manhattan. So here's mine:
20200222_152719.jpg

Recipe is 1/2 oz each of sweet and dry vermouth, 5 dashes each of angostura and orange bitters, 3 ozs of rye, this time I am using Sazerac rye, but will use Bulleit, Templeton, Rittenhouse or Pikeville. (Any good rye will do)
Topped with a couple of luxardo cherries and a little orange peel. (Didn't have an orange on hand tonight)
Stir in a frozen glass until frosty and pour into a martini glass and enjoy!

It’s national margarita day...drink bitches

I have to get up at 3AM to catch my flight to San Francisco

may not sleep

It’s national margarita day...drink bitches

I have to get up at 3AM to catch my flight to San Francisco

may not sleep
Don't step in any shit from the homeless.....

Last edited:
I know few of us know each other FTF so I say that up front.

I sometimes wonder why I truly enjoy drinking. i think about the cocktails I drink or make and the good taste. I think about champagne in its various grades....

I think about things appearing more rosy from the bottom of a glass...hmmm....

What sayeth you????
Nik here is why ~
96B8016E-FA15-41BD-A769-1A492F0AE39E.jpeg

Why do I drink? Well let me preface that by saying I used drink with the ‘big dogs’ but am now a ‘light weight’ because my favorite beverage (Johnnie Walker Black & Blue on special occasions) has turned into a migraine trigger for me. So I only poke the rattlesnake now with extreme caution but I digress...

Why? Well, there are several reasons:
1. Because I can’t afford a psychiatrist.
2. Because I smoke fine cigars and good scotch is a must!
3. Because I think I’m twice as smart (not).
4. Whiskey Dick (nearly to the point of priapism!).
5. It helps me bust a tremendous nut! (If only in my mind).

Drink Responsibly! Don’t drink and drive! Peace, I’m out!