• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Why do you like glock?

Re: Why do you like glock?

I like my glocks because they are consistant and durable. And they are great as a CCW weapon, for me I like the trigger saftey. Not having to think about flipping the saftey if i ever need to draw down on someone is great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you touch that HiPower you will catch the Gay !!! For the Love of God and JMB who in their right mind would do that to such a fine side arm ??
</div></div>

Probably a little outfit called Ceska zbrojovka, otherwise known as CZ....since that's a CZ75 not a HiPower.

</div></div>

I can't believe I had to read so long until someone corrected that. </div></div>

So poke me in the eye with a friggn rabid sea turtle , its still a COPY of a HP , NO ??

headed north to help a rancher friend "catch" a problem wolf,bringing the new G20sf loaded with 200grn Black Talon's ........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerhawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer 1911s, but I have to say that, in my experience Glocks seem more reliable, and will shrug off treatment that would stop a 1911. The downside of Glocks for me is that I can repair a 1911 with simple tools and easily obtainable parts, while repairing a Glock usually means a trip to see someone who has the necessary parts. I have tried for some time to build up a Glock parts kit, but nobody seems to be able to get me a good assortment of replacement parts. Still, even if going into an area where there is not likely to be resupply for some time, I would say that the Glock is a better bet for reliability. </div></div>

Yea , boy ever try BROWNELLS ?? Maybe LONEWOLF ??

Simple tools?? Really , so a small punch is too much of a item to stock for Glock Tools ??

disassembly%20tool.jpg
it takes an 8 hour class to become a Glock parts changer .

I read 1 book and now do work on my Glocks and some that want custom parts at my local gun shop .

Fold up a small piece of paper so it fits snugly, or thin cardboard and slide it in between the pin and extractor bar behind the ejection port. Trigger will reset itself as long as you want to dry fire.

They fit my hand perfectly, I like the grip angle, and always goes boom. Have several different Glock's and I've never had a FTF or FTE in many thousands of rounds, clean or filthy. They work.

No extras to distract, nothing pretty to worry about getting scratched, very simplistic I can toss it in the glove box or in the shelf in the closet. I have a G30 for CCW.

I'm glad they are cheap so police departments can afford them. Would be a scary world if cops still had to use wheel guns...

This is probably the most stupid reason ever, but, I have owned ( do own) several glocks and everyone of their sights have been dead-on right out of the box...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So poke me in the eye with a friggn rabid sea turtle , its still a COPY of a HP , NO ?? </div></div>

Actually, NO...The CZ75 is not a COPY of the FN HP...

The CZ75 is Selective DA/SA while the FN HP is SA, consequently the trigger/sear/hammer linkage aren't remotely close to one another.
The slide of the C75 rides within the frame while the slide of the FN HP rides outside the frame in the traditional manner, complete opposites.
The CZ75 has an oblong cut through the barrel lug in which the slide stop rides to cam the barrel while the FN HP does not and instead cams on a fixed frame mounted lug, they are substantially different.
There are no parts that interchange between the two.

Kidglock, I said simple tools AND easily obtainable parts. Yes, the punch is a simple tool, but the parts are something I have not found easy to find. And, having to mail order them is not the same as being able to buy them locally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dareposte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you like glock?</div></div>1. ...because it will ALWAYS go bang when it's suppose to.
2. It's cheap enough, that if I ever had one stolen...I wouldn't shed a tear...I'd just go buy another.
3. They are idiot proof combat pistols
4. They are accurate enough for what I need 'em for
5. They are about as easy as they come per maintenance
6. Mags & parts are pretty cheap
7. Mine eats any ammo I feed it without issue

Living close to the Glock Plant in (Smyrna GA) is a big plus along w/ all of the other reasons already mentioned. They will replace mags, do upgrades, etc. while you wait and there is NO CHARGE.

Keith

even when I started reloading and didn't know what the hell I was doing the Glock still ate everything I fed it where my other pistols would jam. When ever anyone asks me what pistol to get I always say get a Glock and they they say, why, and I say, because I can't get it jam and that is important in a fight.

My favorite CCW pistol. light, small, reliable, accurate enough, idiot proof, nothing to catch on clothing.. etc etc.

bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang.
.bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
..bang..bang..bang..bang

bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang...........

I love Glocks!
1.Fit my hand VERY well, and that allows the pistol to point naturally. YMMV.

2.Stone cold reliable for 28 years-Nuff said

3.Weight (or lack thereof)

4.Polymer and tennifer-Down right durable and won't rust (Great for someone with sweaty palms like myself)

5.Simplicity of design and ease of maintenance/use

6.Range of Glock models

They might be ugly to some folks, but i'm a dude who follows KISS in almost all aspects of my life. For me, Glocks are easy on the eyes.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Why do you like glock"

That's like asking, why do you like a nice pair of tits? </div></div>

+100000000, now thats the truth right there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dareposte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So what is it you like most about your glock?

</div></div>

They have somewhere around 70%+ of the law enforcment market and are uber reliable. Carry a Model 35 .40 on duty every day topped off with Gold Dots. In short, it goes BANG every time the booger hooker pulls the bang switch!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sub2.908cm/100m</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So poke me in the eye with a friggn rabid sea turtle , its still a COPY of a HP , NO ?? </div></div>

Actually, NO...The CZ75 is not a COPY of the FN HP...

The CZ75 is Selective DA/SA while the FN HP is SA, consequently the trigger/sear/hammer linkage aren't remotely close to one another.
The slide of the C75 rides within the frame while the slide of the FN HP rides outside the frame in the traditional manner, complete opposites.
The CZ75 has an oblong cut through the barrel lug in which the slide stop rides to cam the barrel while the FN HP does not and instead cams on a fixed frame mounted lug, they are substantially different.
There are no parts that interchange between the two. </div></div>

Oh, jeeze. It also stole its slide-to-frame relationship from SIG's P210.

rearx.jpg

VERY simple, VERY reliable, VERY rugged and not expensive at all. Plus it's VERY easy to find parts and accesories.

They're tools.

They work, then work some more. If they stop working I've sure as hell got more than my moneys worth out of the gun because chances are I've spent five or six times the amount of the gun in ammo for it.

Jim the plumber put up the link to that torture test that sold me on mine. Any gun that can function after all the crap that gun was put through, is one I can depend on to work when I need it most. Not the prettiest hardware/tupperware on the planet but goes bang every time and thats what matters to me.

I have never met anyone who has had to carry an M-9 or any other unreliable pistol that doesn't love Glocks. Its really hard to trust your equipment if it has failed consistently. Are they perfect? Hell no. I have small hands and and im not the biggest fan of their backstraps but their are plenty of companies that can fix that for a damn good price.

Despite the grip, semi fugly looks, and the fact that they dont come with all the bells and whistles if i had to carry a gun to hell and back Glock would be my first choice.

Simple design, straightforward operation, easy to understand and work on, cheap and easily available parts. And the fact my G34 USPSA Production gun is just as accurate and reliable after over 56,000 rounds as it was when I took it out of the box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 16 Bore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang
bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang..bang
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..bang.
.bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang
..bang..bang..bang
bang..bang..bang..bang..
bang..bang..bang..bang..
..bang..bang..bang..bang

bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang........... </div></div>

LMFAO!

the reliability factor. it goes, as previously noted by 16 bore it goes "bang" when you need it the most. plus somewhat light weight and low maintenance.

but other than self defense / law enforcemant, if wanting a pistol for anything else, i'd pick anything else. 1911, a sig, M&P, even a CZ75.

light/reliable/accurate enough.... it is not a match gun, but I think it will save my hide in a nasty situation.

In a Kramer vertical scabbard, I forget I have it on. My personal daily carry is the G36. It is a lot of johnson in a small package.