• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why have more than one rimfire?

I had a Jackson Hunter in .22 WMR with stainless barrel. It was a nice rifle and my “all weather” late season small game rifle. But it never shot as well as my 1720 and I found a used stock for the Annie on EBay, so the Cooper went down the road.

A Fortner is my bucket list rifle….and a Dakota Model 10….and a, damn I’m gonna need a bigger bucket

I had a Jackson Hunter in .22 WMR with stainless barrel. It was a nice rifle and my “all weather” late season small game rifle. But it never shot as well as my 1720 and I found a used stock for the Annie on EBay, so the Cooper went down the road.

A Fortner is my bucket list rifle….and a Dakota Model 10….and a, damn I’m gonna need a bigger bucket
I'm hoping it shoots well. The wood is nice, balance is good...but if it doesn't have the accuracy of my Anschutz rifles I'll be severely disappointed. I don't know what expectations I should have on that. My 1416AV, 1712AV and 1712 Silhouette are so consistent they are "almost" boring to shoot. I still haven't put any of my Anschutz rifles up, head to head, against the Vudoo...they aren't quite the same class, since the Anschutz rifles are all "sporter" and the Vudoo is in an MPA BA Chassis...weighing almost double of any of those.

I sold off all the guns I didn’t shoot to upgrade/improve my other guns as well as upgrade reloading equipment. I also ordered another rimfire rifle. Not much extra money out of pocket. I’m having MUCH more fun now. No regrets.

Too many? What's that? Here are some of my rimfires.

rsl2Ng6.jpg

I have lots of rim fire rifles. Each one is either purpose unique or tagged to a family member. I have 2 CZ bolts that were my kids first rifles at 9, they have each moved to Kidd supergrades. I have a Walther KK300 3 position rifle, my winchester 9422, my anschutz Silhouette rifles, My Bench rest guns (win 52C and Anschutz 5418 BR), and my Anschutz 1727F CISM (because ,,,why not). Each is different or required because it might be used at the same time and they are like lays potato chips, no one can have just one:ROFLMAO:

It is a C-suffix. 95000 range serial number.

Made roughly 1956.

I still have the original peeps. And the scope is screwed into holes designed into the gun. No holes were added!!!

It is definitely a nice shooter! And I have a lot of .22’s!

Sirhr
Beautiful rifle, I bought my 52C used and molested as a shooter and it is that. It was drilled and tapped and had a 20 inch Benchmark Bull on it.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Why people think they can compare a $500 rig to a $1,000 rig to a $2500 rig baffles me.

Half the time what they're really comparing is the shooter. Some people will never be able to shoot worth a shit no matter how much they spend.

Definitely agree with every one on getting rid of what you don't like or won't shoot. The number of guns I've gotten rid of is greater than the number I currently own.

Why have more than one ... wrench ... pair of shoes ... knife ... fork ? All the same question.

Reactions: HPIguy
Half the time what they're really comparing is the shooter. Some people will never be able to shoot worth a shit no matter how much they spend.

Definitely agree with every one on getting rid of what you don't like or won't shoot. The number of guns I've gotten rid of is greater than the number I currently own.

Why have more than one ... wrench ... pair of shoes ... knife ... fork ? All the same question.
Those $128.95 guns don’t shoot for shit ;-)

IMG_5216.jpeg
IMG_5217.jpeg

To be fair… based on inflation, that’s about $1400 now. With another $600 for the scope.

Maybe I need a chassis for it. Does Plaster do a stock for a 52?

Sirhr

I added another one to the collection today; a 1986 Kimber 82B Classic...still in the factory box with all paperwork and test target. Put a Leupold 3-9x33 EFR on top with some Talley rings and took it to the indoor range. Put 100 rounds through it, shoots pretty good, definitely worthy of the squirrel woods. Had some rust on the safety selector, pistol grip cap and a small blemish on the barrel. I took it out of the stock and wiped everything down with a silicone impregnated cloth, which pretty much cleared up the rust blemish on the barrel and made the safety and grip cap look better.

I bought three each 5rd and 10rd mags from Triple K, the 5rd mags fit so tight I had to use pliers and a paper towel to pull them back out...will have to figure out how to solve that issue; they all fed perfect.
left.jpg

right.jpg

range.jpg

Rimfire rifles are extremely interesting to me. They have been since I was a young boy. I enjoy everything about them. I have more than one, more than 10, more than 20. I buy and sell them, I tinker, compete, restore, etc. That is why I have more than one. You have to decide what works for you.