• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why isn’t the media talking about the Ahmaud Arbery case more?

And this is why I don’t think it should be a murder charge their intention was not to kill him.

I could completely see them getting charged with something but putting all three of them away from murder it’s not right
If their intent was not to kill then they wouldn't have brought the gun. It's not like they had the gun on them and happened to stumble upon the situation, they grabbed the gun and went looking for a problem.

Seems like you need to take a moment and take a read of Georgia law.

The only retard here is you. This thug had every chance to walk away but chose to fight. He was unarmed and knew the cops were coming. Instead of waiting and dealing with the cops. Who knew him for robberies in the same neighborhood. He chose to FIGHT AN INDIVIDUAL WITH A GUN. Race has zero to do with this, so get that out of your head. This individual wasn't from this neighborhood and it was known robberies and breakins had been an issue. You have someone who doesn't belong in your neighborhood, you will take notice and make your presence known.

Like I said before...this thug decided to play gangster and paid with his life.
You're comment is not rooted in legal justification

I’m not really up to date on this one, I just want to be involved.

• Haha
Reactions: jr81452
Did the McMichaels ever level the weapons at him??? I don’t believe they did until after he punched one of them in the face and tried to grab it.

Having a firearm is not necessarily illegal, it’s what you do with that fire arm.

And taking pictures and all that jazz that you talk about when the person runs away isn’t going to solve anything.

Also your chest thumping about what you would do in that situation, Instead of trying to escalate it, may be calming thing down would be the right decision. Like stopping and talking to the people who are trying to figure out what you’re doing in a house that’s been burglarized recently.

He didn’t walk out of the house he ran out of that house that shits on video.

You are aware Aubrey has multiple charges of doing criminal shit right, hundred percent that motherfucker was up to looking to steal and shit. If you don’t see that you don’t know a fucking thing about criminals and how they think
The presence of the weapon is all that's needed, your case falls apart at that point. You're right, having a firearm is not illegal but what you do with it as. In this case the firearm was taken with the intent to cause harm and reasonably believe even death… they are guilty

2CD65AB7-DE21-4851-BE10-458C1C7BCAB1.jpeg

Also both McMicheals were ex police. The elser was a retired cop, the young was an MP.

If you’ve got something that says otherwise you’re welcome to post up the proof.

The point I am making is that we need to look at where is this information coming from on this case? As we have seen from the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, the media and the PROSECUTION will either lie or conceal the actual facts. So where is the info coming from?

The point I am making is that we need to look at where is this information coming from on this case? As we have seen from the Kyle Rittenhouse trial, the media and the PROSECUTION will either lie or conceal the actual facts. So where is the info coming from?

So you haven’t looked into it then? Some people have, this happened almost 2 years ago. The videos and everything have been out there for a long time. The unedited full length video.

They weren’t warranted in detaining him. Pulling up next to him and asking what he was up to? Maybe, but nothing beyond that. Detaining him with a firearm? Fuck no. That made them the primary aggressors in the interaction while also breaking the law, and someone got shot in the process so I don’t see how that isn’t 2nd degree for all 3 of them.

Detention warranted or not, he didn't have the right to grab the gun then give Chase

Everybody wants thieves shot. Someone shoots a thief that's attacking them and heads explode. If I'm on the jury I thank them for shooting a worthless jogger.

And that method you just used, to "prove" they had reasonable suspicion, by looking at the statue, and concluding, "yes," is likely why these guys are screwed. The judge reviewed, and citing a legal precedent from another case, that outlines this "suspicion," states that it also has to be supported by contemporaneous knowledge or witnessing, which was not met in this case, negates their right to a citizen arrest, and because their actions are now unlawful, they don't have a right to self-defense for the events that unfolded. At least that was my understanding after watching the judge's ruling the other day.

That “method” is all anyone uses, 😂. Precedent and case law are just pointing to some other guy doing it. And on this point; it’s also where many foolish sources that would never bear the weight of scrutiny get cited. Most people don’t actually research the citations and cases.

Yeah, it just happened the other day, with the judge from this case meeting with the prosecution/defense. This illustrates something of a problem for us "regular folk" that even if we take the time to read laws, and we think something is within the law, we are not privy to any prior court rulings that are part of legal precedent, that also comprise the "full law." These guys may have read the law and concluded they were within it, but by the time they approached this other guy, technically they weren't, because this precedent the judge reviewed, further spelled out elements that they did not meet to execute this type of citizen arrest.

At least that's the gist I've gathered from this so far.

I haven’t researched the decision, but the judge was quoted as knowing this ensured a guilty verdict at the outset. That gives me pause.

The “problem” with us “regular folk” is thinking our “betters” are actually better. We are wise, true, and reasoning men, as capable as any, what need do we have, of masters?

Reactions: Makinchips208
Trespassing? If the property is not marked in accordance to the laws/reguregulations or whatever there is no trespassing. The father may have been retired Leo but you should check the actual facts. He. Couldn't and didn't pass the qualifications for several years and was on some bullshit duty till being offered the retirement.

There's a lot of misinformation being passes as facts in this thread.

quieter is better for them unless they can use the story to push there narrative open mouths at this point will only serve to help against them in lawsuits costing them even more money . best of luck with there upcoming lawsuits hope they loose everything including door plackers .

quieter is better for them unless they can use the story to push there narrative open mouths at this point will only serve to help against them in lawsuits costing them even more money . best of luck with there upcoming lawsuits hope they loose everything including door plackers .

Everybody wants thieves shot. Someone shoots a thief that's attacking them and heads explode. If I'm on the jury I thank them for shooting a worthless jogger.

There was no evidence he stole anything, he may very well have been but you have to have more than suspicion that he might steal. Visiting a house under construction and snooping around isn’t even criminal trespass unless you’ve been told to leave. He could have been sneaking in there to smoke a joint away from his mama or something for all they knew.

All they had the right to do with their suspicious was approach him in a non threatenting manner and ask him what his business was at the house as well as report it to the police. Beyond that they can’t do shit to him and he doesn’t have to answer them or the police nor does he have to stay there. They tried to detain him though, with a gun and he defended himself and got shot.

Going for the gun and against up to 3 bubbas with two trucks, yeah that wasn’t the smartest move but I guess he weighed his options and thought trying to fight for the gun was the best option. Can’t say I may not have done the same.

Bubbas were in the wrong here.

That's probably it. He jogged 12 miles to sneak into a house to smoke a joint. Why didn't I think of that?

That “method” is all anyone uses, 😂. Precedent and case law are just pointing to some other guy doing it. And on this point; it’s also where many foolish sources that would never bear the weight of scrutiny get cited. Most people don’t actually research the citations and cases.

I haven’t researched the decision, but the judge was quoted as knowing this ensured a guilty verdict at the outset. That gives me pause.

The “problem” with us “regular folk” is thinking our “betters” are actually better. We are wise, true, and reasoning men, as capable as any, what need do we have, of masters?
You make good points. But this is a precarious position now, and a court battle can go either way; even moreso with a judge possibly tipping the scales during a trial, whether warranted or not. Then if a guilty finding, possibly to be overturned on later appeal, yet the defendants will be the ones convicted and all that entails until found otherwise. Not a position I would like to test.

Personally, the lesson for me, is that I will reserve my gun for only defense of my life, or other lives, during an active scenario where I am more confident I have a leg to stand on; I will never try a citizen arrest, on the spot, with a firearm. Prudence dictates this for me.

That's probably it. He jogged 12 miles to sneak into a house to smoke a joint. Why didn't I think of that?

Well the only person who truly knows is dead.

Let’s ignore the fact he was found with no items and I don’t believe anything was even reported stolen. Tell me why TF would he jog 12 miles to commit a burglary? That makes no sense either. How are you getting what you steal home from a construction site? How many 2x4’s or tools do you think someone is going to make off with and jog 12 miles?

Anyone that thinks this guy was harmlessly looking inside the house... I got ocean front in Arizona for sale, cheap cash only. Pm me!!!

And the calmly approach him argument... The motherfucker was running away!!!

I love all the Steven Seagal stunt doubles in here... disarming and fighting off three men approaching you armed...

The Judge made this a nearly impossibility for the defense to win. Notice when the media shows pictures of the four people involved, the dead guy gets a doctored photo from his senior class picture and the other three get some nasty looking mug shots, these dudes got thrown under the bus from day one by the media and the state.

They don’t want citizens stepping up and stopping criminals... just sit back and be victimized... but out the other side of their mouth if 3 men with firearms were coming at me id kick their ass. Lol... bullshit... you’d probably end up just as dead as Aubrey.

Let’s ignore the fact he was found with no items and I don’t believe anything was even reported stolen. Tell me why TF would he jog 12 miles to commit a burglary? That makes no sense either. How are you getting what you steal home from a construction site? How many 2x4’s or tools do you think someone is going to make off with and jog 12 miles?
He was casing the place looking for shit to come back and take. His criminal record which the judge deemed inadmissible definitely proves he was not against stealing shit

He was casing the place looking for shit to come back and take. His criminal record which the judge deemed inadmissible definitely proves he was not against stealing shit
But had the mcmichaels handled it differently and arbury had to stand in court for burglary then I’m sure his past criminal history Would have come up.
I don’t see any side winning the way this was handled. The dead guy or the guys facing charges.

There's a lot of info out there that's not reported on the news (surprise not...). Check it out if you want. The deal is he was a thief. Locals got tired of the bullshit and were likely outside letter of law due to timing. Ahmaud decides to attack one of the robbery victims that's holding a shotgun and surprise-surprise gets shot with said shotgun. Locals looked at it and said Justice was served by not prosecuting. Video released showing poor black criminal getting his due and natives became restless. Fuck locals, Atlanta is going to fry his ass to save their shithole city. The end.

But had the mcmichaels handled it differently and arbury had to stand in court for burglary then I’m sure his past criminal history Would have come up.
I don’t see any side winning the way this was handled. The dead guy or the guys facing charges.
If he hadn’t reached for the shotgun and punch the guy in the face he would’ve never gotten shot

I personally feel given the fact that he was in somebody else’s neighborhood and he should’ve stopped to talk with the local people. To let them know that he wasn’t a threat or stealing instead he ran away then attacked. That my opinion makes him look suspect and why they pursued him. He was on probation I’m sure he didn’t want to have a run-in with the cops

83A1CA25-1F4B-4838-98F4-577613DA6E20.jpeg

If he hadn’t reached for the shotgun and punch the guy in the face he would’ve never gotten shot

I personally feel given the fact that he was in somebody else’s neighborhood and he should’ve stopped to talk with the local people. To let them know that he wasn’t a threat or stealing instead he ran away then attacked. That my opinion makes him look suspect and why they pursued him. He was on probation I’m sure he didn’t want to have a run-in with the cops

View attachment 7745866
“Their neighborhood”? Or a public street?

the way laws are written is in and of itself a crime. Laws should be simply written so a 5yr old could understand them

Ahh yes. Staunch 2A proponents arguing that a gun in the hand of a person (who is already acting unlawfully) isn’t a deadly threat until said gun is pointed at you. Got it.
Glad to see intellectual consistency on this one…
Since when is it unlawful to open carry a shotgun?

Really, you’re on a gun forum, likely pro gun, likely carry one for self defense and you can’t wrap your head around why someone would choose to try to defend themselves vs waiting for the police?

LOL

He had every right to defend himself and they had no right to try to detain him.

The bubbas are guilty of manslaughter at the very least and it’s not his fault that he chose to defend himself.
Really, you’re on a gun forum, likely pro law abiding, you really think their demeanor was the same as a criminals trying to rob you when they got him at gunpoint, there’s probably quite a few of us here that have had a gun pulled on us and knew right away whether we needed to shut the fuck up and figure out why we’re looking at a gun or fight for our lives and though I’ve never had the second, I’ve had the first in my younger days fuckin around someplaces I shouldn’t have been. So the dead guy didn’t have a gun, so maybe he should have shut the fuck up and listened, and if he did have a gun and wasn’t committing a felony, yes, self defense all day long.

Wasn’t there something to do with stolen items (not necessarily from that neighborhood) in Ahmaud’s room? Like a girl’s backpack and various things. I seem to recall that being reported. Who knows. It’s of no consequence now. These defendants seem like they have been selected as sacrificial lambs.

I wouldn’t have done what they did. I definitely wouldn’t have done what Arbery did, I don’t think many or maybe even any here would either.

Reactions: Makinchips208
Really, you’re on a gun forum, likely pro law abiding, you really think their demeanor was the same as a criminals trying to rob you when they got him at gunpoint, there’s probably quite a few of us here that have had a gun pulled on us and knew right away whether we needed to shut the fuck up and figure out why we’re looking at a gun or fight for our lives and though I’ve never had the second, I’ve had the first in my younger days fuckin around someplaces I shouldn’t have been. So the dead guy didn’t have a gun, so maybe he should have shut the fuck up and listened, and if he did have a gun and wasn’t committing a felony, yes, self defense all day long.

You seem to be missing the fact that you can’t just go around pointing guns at people for any reason you deem necessary. Again, there’s zero evidence that the guy was stealing anything.

He didn’t get killed trying to defend himself, he got killed by trying to take someone’s weapon away from them, who in their right mind would grab a shotgun, barrel first and try to jerk it out of someone’s hands, if he had just waited for the police he would still be alive, but for some reason that wasn’t a good idea in his mind.
Danger of cornering an animal, you weren't there to hear what was said, Aubrey isn't either to tell his side. And besides they were useing Brandon's weapon of choice, not an evil AK15

Unless he’s peering inside windows violating privacy or attempting to gain entry through a closed window or door, or did gain entry through the closed window or door, then there is no crime. Even if he was on a posted property all they can do is tell you you’re trespassing and ask you to leave. Even if they refused to leave you still can’t use a firearm to persuade them.

Even if he admitted to casing the place which would be stupid then at most it might be conspiracy to commit a crime, doubt you can make a citizens arrest for that, let alone threaten deadly force with a shotgun to do so.

There's a lot of info out there that's not reported on the news (surprise not...). Check it out if you want. The deal is he was a thief. Locals got tired of the bullshit and were likely outside letter of law due to timing. Ahmaud decides to attack one of the robbery victims that's holding a shotgun and surprise-surprise gets shot with said shotgun. Locals looked at it and said Justice was served by not prosecuting. Video released showing poor black criminal getting his due and natives became restless. Fuck locals, Atlanta is going to fry his ass to save their shithole city. The end.

So post some of this evidence that shows he was there committing a crime or evidence that he had ever been there committing a crime. I dug deep looking for anything and it’s not there. I’ve also been following the trial and haven’t heard of anything presented that proves a damn thing other than their suspicion.

Nobody is questioning why or how he got shot. The fact of the matter is that these bubbas had no right to try to detain him in the first place and him getting shot was a direct result of them doing so and him exercising his right to defend himself.

Armed black militias are threatening country-wide violence if they don't get the verdict they desire. Over-used cliche comes to mind: Play stupid games...

I don't think many here would take too kindly to being unlawfully detained by random citizens with firearms.
Probably not, but how many would play hero and grab the business end of a shotgun?

Armed black militias are threatening country-wide violence if they don't get the verdict they desire. Over-used cliche comes to mind: Play stupid games...
Trying to intimidate white people, can someone convey to them to put next of kin in their top left pocket and fill out their own toe tags.

I don’t get it.

3 bubbas chase down and attempt to arrest a black dude that they thought might have been stealing and kill him in the process, and it’s mostly crickets, but Rittenhouse is all they could talk about for weeks during the trial and now afterwards.
aren't you in VA? all the local news has been spouting off on both KR and Arbery every single day, with the slant that both were unjustified.

Reactions: BCP
If you think your job on a jury is to follow the law without regard to doing what's just, you fail as a citizen.
Being a knuckle dragging troglodyte is a failure too……..

I can’t imagine why all your speculation, bullshit and hyperbole has not been introduced into evidence in this case. I mean judas priest, these defense attorneys are missing a real opportunity here…….🙄

Reactions: RRW
I was watching the Rittenhouse case over the Arbery case, so i know little of the facts of the case other than the video, and the media allegations. With the limited information I have, I think the guys fucked up and went too far. In my old neighborhood I viewed property crimes and have followed people while on the phone with police and I stayed close enough to get a good description, and location, but far enough to avoid a confrontation because I knew that would be a bad idea. It's up the jury to decide their fate now. Citizens arrest is a thing, but I think it's a very unwise action nowadays, it's just a unfriendly political, and legal environment to engage in that practice, especially when you are armed. Police never are able to respond fast enough to property crimes these days for many reasons, and I get the frustration of seeing suspects seemingly get away with their actions, but trying to apprehend suspects yourself I think is a really bad idea in my opinion.

I'll be very surprised if they are found not guilty of anything. I don't think it's quite murder, at the very least manslaughter, but i'm not a lawyer, nor did I stay at a holiday inn express.

One thing I know, if they aren't convicted, the riots and violence will be substantial. The black panther party are in town, and they're armed, and hinting at violence if they aren't convicted.

Branden

Being a knuckle dragging troglodyte is a failure too……..

I can’t imagine why all your speculation, bullshit and hyperbole has not been introduced into evidence in this case. I mean judas priest, these defense attorneys are missing a real opportunity here…….🙄

The jury will likely convict them, even the guy that's only guilty of being dumb enough to record it. But justice was served when the attacking thief took a few 12ga blasts. I hope the worthless jogger didn't breed before taking his pavement nap.

That doesnt make what they did right at all and all 3 are going to get convicted of murder because they are stupid, but if Arbury hadnt grabbed the gun, he would still be alive.
Can we just separate the two and stop conflating them?

i cant imagine a scenario where he thinks thats a good idea. watched too many movies, maybe?
No one who hasn't been in a life or death confrontation knows what they will or won't do.

Did Arbary live near the neighborhood he was jogging through ?

Does it matter? Even if they could prove somehow that he was there to case the place that still doesn’t give them justification to detain the guy.

There’s a lot of reasons to be in a neighborhood that you don’t live in.

self-defense should be that you are trying to avoid getting shot. Full frontal attack on a long gun, which is lawful in this scenario, is not in the attackers best interest of not getting shot.

Can you please point out the Georgia statute that allows for non LE to detain someone under threat of deadly force?