• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why Mask Wearing is my Civic Duty

Hi,

When this idiot realizes his "investments" are not going to be increasing in value because DumDems did not take the WH...
You read it here first....
I call DIBS when he puts them for sale here for a lose so don't you degenerates attempt to outbid me.
BUT caveat.....I am going to need at least 1 of you to PM me saying he has them for sale because I have him on ignore, hahahaha

Sincerely,
Theis

If the old dude had his mask on what difference would your wearing a mask make?

If my room mate is getting laid in the next room and wearing a condom will his skank be less likely to get pregnant if I put on a condom?

Yeah. I know...and I get it. People have bought into the whole "wear it to protect others". I doubt old boy was worried about himself all that much. Else he wouldnt be out and about I suppose. I read the situation as he viewed me as a shelfish jackass.

It really is just a shit situation and I know this has all been politicized and basically embraced by the left. As fonda said, "covid is gods gift to the left". She wasnt lying...

Think of Trumps lead should there have been no covid, it would be a blow out, no question. But the left, they saw their one chance to politicize and well, instead of playing the long term game, it became a short term victory? IDK. Worth it, maybe? But id wager many indy's and fence sitters voted biden ONLY because of covid..

Masks or no masks the lockdowns were going to happen. In fact, as I recall it, during the hardest lockdown periods it was advised to NOT wear a mask. But we know why that happened as well...right? The real masks, still no where to be found...who has them all? We know dont we?

I understand that some see it as a "hill to die on", but this aint that for me I guess. The sad part is those whose lifes have been ruined by losing their jobs, or business due to lockdowns etc. And of course those putting off health maintenance because they dont want to go. Suicides, alcholism...ect, etc. And from the very beginning I was skeptical, posts are readily available in the corona thread that was going for several months that was started in back like Feb.

IMO, there are people that are still on the right side here overall, that may choose to wear a mask for whatever reason. I think cornering these people as the enemy is not a smart long term strat, but I am sure others will not agree. Thats fine.

The over the top rhetoric on this whole topic is toxic. The lines are drawn I suppose. But I wouldnt draw those lines too far right, but again...thats just me.

Reactions: jb0311
This thread started with one person posting that they thought wearing a mask because of Covid-19 was their civic duty.

Since that, this thread seems to have morphed into:

1. Covid-19 risk is over stated, and mask wearing is a left wing plot to compel people to comply.
2. Masks do/don't work.
3. Masks are a sign of compliance with a nanny state or are the "mark of the beast".
4. The government using masks like a camel getting it's nose in the tent, with the end goal being to condition people to whatever the government says.
5. The nanny state has gotten out of control.
6. People should, or shouldn't wear masks. Stop liking what I don't like.
7. Regardless of what someone else chooses, alternative opinions are denigrated or attacked.

What other items would fit on the above list?

Hi,

When this idiot realizes his "investments" are not going to be increasing in value because DumDems did not take the WH...
You read it here first....
I call DIBS when he puts them for sale here for a lose so don't you degenerates attempt to outbid me.
BUT caveat.....I am going to need at least 1 of you to PM me saying he has them for sale because I have him on ignore, hahahaha

Sincerely,
Theis
You realize elections come every four years pal? Those will be in my safe for years to come.
If you think the Dems won’t ever take back the White House and senate and house you’re a fool.

This thread started with one person posting that they thought wearing a mask because of Covid-19 was their civic duty.

1. Covid-19 risk is over stated, and mask wearing is a left wing plot to compel people to comply.
2. Masks do/don't work.
3. Masks are a sign of compliance with a nanny state or are the "mark of the beast".
4. The government using masks like a camel getting it's nose in the tent, with the end goal being to condition people to whatever the government says.
7. Regardless of what someone else chooses, alternative opinions are denigrated or attacked.

8. Chicken.

OldSalty2,
I think that if Trump did come up with a cure for Covid-19, Cancer, all forms of the flu and common cold, heart disease, diabetes, skin problems, all digestive disorders, and could give it away for free, the left would still bitch because "orange man bad", it wasn't their idea, it is a right wing plot, or some other reason to hate Trump and complain about him.

OldSalty2,
I think that if Trump did come up with a cure for Covid-19, Cancer, all forms of the flu and common cold, heart disease, diabetes, skin problems, all digestive disorders, and could give it away for free, the left would still bitch because "orange man bad", it wasn't their idea, it is a right wing plot, or some other reason to hate Trump and complain about him.

Yes, but I am not talking about the left. They are a lost cause when it comes to rationality.

I am talking about the huge swath of people in the middle. Who, as we know are the slient majority. Perhaps even moderates? Or are moderates a thing of the past? And was that intentional?

You be the judge.

Yes, but I am not talking about the left. They are a lost cause when it comes to rationality.

I am talking about the huge swath of people in the middle. Who, as we know are the slient majority. Perhaps even moderates? Or are moderates a thing of the past? And was that intentional?

You be the judge.

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining. I'm not referring to you, OldSalty2, I'm referring to those who would bitch about a cure, no cure, more taxes, less taxes, and on and on. They just want to bitch rather than putting forward ideas about how to fix things. It is easier to bitch, complain, Monday morning quarterback, than it is to work to fix things.

You realize elections come every four years pal? Those will be in my safe for years to come.
If you think the Dems won’t ever take back the White House and senate and house you’re a fool.
Don’t stop there, fellow gun owner! Explain to the Hide how @THEIS is a fool. Really, lay it all out.

Also, @1911addict42, I may have missed your post of you wringing your hands about 1911’s; would you post a link?

Some people aren't happy unless they are complaining. I'm not referring to you, OldSalty2, I'm referring to those who would bitch about a cure, no cure, more taxes, less taxes, and on and on. They just want to bitch rather than putting forward ideas about how to fix things. It is easier to bitch, complain, Monday morning quarterback, than it is to work to fix things.

True, and I thought Pence answered this question very well. National mandates are retarded. What works or is needed in NYC, Miami etc is wayyy different than what is needed in small rural communities. Seems like,...common sense.

2. Masks do/don't work.

Nope. This thread started with one self centered he/him (I assume) trying to get attention by talking about himself and how thoughtful he is of other people by reflecting upon his own awesomeness. The thread quickly devolved into the usual statements about why Covid and everything around it is bullshit, same as every other thread like it. And the real fun hasn’t even started yet because the pro-mask locals haven’t chimed in.

And then there was the periodic commercial intermission for chicken.

This concludes the history so far of this thread.

I still stay it was trolling. No one is this stupid. It reminds of those pics a while back asking for people to insult them.

I wouldn't attempt to force anyone to wear a mask, but I wear one. It is my way of showing that I respect other people, that I want to reduce even the possibility of catching, or transmitting something to them. I don't need to argue over whether the masks are effective or not as I don't feel any desire to convince anyone to my way of thinking. I wear the mask because of the possibility, no matter how remote that it may reduce me catching or transmitting some contagion that I am not aware that I may have.

Much like the fire extinguisher I keep in my shop, kitchen, and garage...I hope I never have to use one and/or find out if they will work on whatever fire I may find..it is the same with masks. I wear it for the possibility it may help me, no matter how remote. For the same reasons, I wash my hands and take other precautions.

I don't even need to argue over how dangerous Covid-19 may, or may not be. I don't even want to catch a cold if I can possibly avoid it. So between the mask, washing my hands, disinfecting surfaces, blowing my nose, cleaning the soles of shoes when entering the house, and other precautions, my family and I have been fortunate enough to stay Covid-19, common cold, and flu free so far this year. I sure hope our "luck" continues.

Generally, the harder people work, and the more precautions they take, the luckier they seem to be. I hope our "luck" holds.

And I hope all the folks on this site also stay healthy.
Have fun wearing the mask the rest of your life. You do you.

It’s a miracle you are still alive. I mean who knows how many people you killed before June of 2020 not wearing a mask

The OP was being disingenuous? You dont say...

It worked perfectly too, if so. Divide and conquer. Who will be left on each side of the line?

Does 2As survival depend on winning over moderates aka fence sitters? No?

The left plays the long game. Meanwhile lemmings are just, well...being lemmings. And the lines are drawn on masks.

Lemmings...the lot of them!

Reactions: Edgecrusher

2. Masks do/don't work.

most of the people that died in the 1918-19 spanish flu pandemic did not die from the flu, but rather bacterial pneumonia, possibly from wearing dirty masks for too long. there is no evidence that most of the people that died even had the flu.

Well I suppose it would be smart to wear that mask the rest of your life then, if it protects people. When my mom was in chemo, she was hospitalized because her white blood cell count was damn near zero and her immune system was shutting down. I bet assholes like you @1911addict42, who weren't wearing masks 10 years ago, could have gave her a cold and ended her life! I hope you see the error of your ways and keep your mask on forever, because there are people who have compromised immune systems and unknown health problems everywhere, and I doubt you want to live the rest of your life knowing you helped kill one of them!

I wear a mask whenever I am inside in public. Here is my reasoning:

1- I am only inside in public about 5-10 minutes a week, so it is a minutely small sacrifice.
2- I was wearing a mask when they were telling us not to, and still continue to. My reasoning then was that mask societies, like S. Korea and HK, had done relatively well, while non mask societies had not.
3- We brought my 75 year old mother to live with us during Covid, and I sure as hell don't want to get her sick.
4- I am happy to make other people in public more comfortable by doing something that is costless to me.

I am now happy to take your abuse. Fuck off, prophylactically.

Reactions: 1911addict42

1- I am only inside in public about 5-10 minutes a week, so it is a minutely small sacrifice.
2- I was wearing a mask when they were telling us not to, and still continue to. My reasoning then was that mask societies, like S. Korea and HK, had done relatively well, while non mask societies had not.
3- We brought my 75 year old mother to live with us during Covid, and I sure as hell don't want to get her sick.
4- I am happy to make other people in public more comfortable by doing something that is costless to me.

nobody cares what you do.
as long as you don't try to impose your regimen on others, your safeguards for your family are up to you.
i would only ask that you don't leave your filthy masks where others can touch them.

2. Masks do/don't work.

8. Half you people are retards.

Reactions: oneshot86
The left plays the long game. Meanwhile lemmings are just, well...being lemmings. And the lines are drawn on masks.
If you still think that masks are the central issue and not the attempt at conditioning the populace, the you are either deceived or not paying attention. Either way you need to wake up. Look at what most here are discussing - there is a central theme and it isn’t the cloth in front of you face (not mine).

I have no clue if masks work or how effective they are...

I wear it so I don’t scare the shit out of the little old lady at the store, and make her feel comfortable being out of her house .

noted

wearing masks is what is scaring old ladies.

nobody cares what you do.
as long as you don't try to impose your regimen on others, your safeguards for your family are up to you.
i would only ask that you don't leave your filthy masks where others can touch them.

Well, I will tell that this is how I see the mask issue in general. First and foremost it is a personal decision. The attempt to "communize" it, that you are doing it for your neighbor, was a fraud. I keep mine in my car. If I need to go into a store, it goes on, when I come out, it comes off. I haven't been to a restaurant for a few years, so I don't know how that part works.

A proposition that is, perhaps a better way to look at masks: All things being equal, the wearing of masks is helpful in keeping down the spread of covid. However, if wearing a mask causes the wearer to act more recklessly in other ways, the utility of the mask is highly diminished and can even become a negative.

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs

Fully agree! Those pointing to this as “virtue signaling” are strange indeed. It’s not virtuous to do what the whole world is doing to contribute in slowing the spread, especially something so harmless and minor. Wether or not it works is much less important than the intentions behind it.
Giving a seat up on bus for an elderly person or holding the door open for someone falls into the same category; they’re a minor inconvenience to help make the world a better place. No clue how this topic became so partisan and heated.

If you still think that masks are the central issue and not the attempt at conditioning the populace, the you are either deceived or not paying attention. Either way you need to wake up. Look at what most here are discussing - there is a central theme and it isn’t the cloth in front of you face (not mine).

Of course, its not the central issue. But, its being made as a central issue whether real or not or whether you agree or not. I cannot convince you of this. This is why (in addition to many other things) we are where we are.

Imo, instead of saying all those wearing a mask are lemmings (including millions voting for trump)...perhaps try to be more inclusive to those who are on your side?

Tell me, ever a battle thats not worth fighting?

1. they list anyone that MIGHT have had covid when they died as a Covid-19 death, regardless of gunshots, tumors or myocardial infarctions.
2. the cdc website claims that up to 1 in 6 americans MIGHT have the flu any given year, and for example, 56 million of us MIGHT have last year.
3. 2,839,205 died in 2018.
4. if 1 in 6 MIGHT have had the flu when they died, how many flu deaths is that for 2018?

I have no clue if masks work or how effective they are...
I am a healthy 32 year old, I’m not afraid of the virus. (My dad did was infected in April, and got pneumonia on both lungs, still has effect on his health). I do think it’s very real.
I wear a mask as a sign of gratitude for my health, to pay it forward to those that are less fortunate.
I wear it to show my solidarity with the Health care workers who are sacrificing so much to help people survive serious illness, and to those who can’t get procedures done because hospitals are overflowing.
I wear it so I don’t scare the shit out of the little old lady at the store, and make her feel comfortable being out of her house .
I wear it to share in the plight the millions of people that lost their income due to the governments forced closure of their business, in their desperate attempt to slow the spread.
I wear it to do whatever I can to chip in, even if it isn’t effective. It’s an emblem of caring about others besides myself, and that I am only one of many and not important.
I will continue to wear it regardless of mandates or not, because I believe it is my civic duty.

stay safe and healthy, god bless.
Why do you feel like it's your civic duty to wear a mask? Do you feel like you're actually helping the Community

Unless you are sick or have direct contact with people that are sick... Don't wear a mask. What you're doing is is called virtue signaling... Something like that. It's saying that you were incapable of thinking for yourself.

Please don't take this as an attack, nothing more than a recognition of what you're actually doing to support the further growth of Communism / socialism.

Remember, this is all about Conformity, fear, intimidation. It has absolutely zero to do with the safety of the community.

You speak of Civic duties responsibilities. If that is honestly the case can I send you a bill for my personal security detail? Please answer this directly. I don't carry a gun to protect my safety... I expect you to do that... Is that reasonable?

virtue signaling is the wrong term for this, jmo, but you may call it whatever they want.

#1 reason people wear masks?

they don't know any better.

Reactions: forrestgump01
@OldSalty2
I hope you didn't misunderstand my comment about moderates.
Compromise is what quislings do BEFORE the war starts, afterwards they are simply just another Captain Wilkins. Keep thinking you dont have to pick a side.....

Picking sides isnt the problem. Its knowing when to pick the side.

Yeah. I know...and I get it. People have bought into the whole "wear it to protect others". I doubt old boy was worried about himself all that much. Else he wouldnt be out and about I suppose. I read the situation as he viewed me as a shelfish jackass.

It really is just a shit situation and I know this has all been politicized and basically embraced by the left. As fonda said, "covid is gods gift to the left". She wasnt lying...

Think of Trumps lead should there have been no covid, it would be a blow out, no question. But the left, they saw their one chance to politicize and well, instead of playing the long term game, it became a short term victory? IDK. Worth it, maybe? But id wager many indy's and fence sitters voted biden ONLY because of covid..

Masks or no masks the lockdowns were going to happen. In fact, as I recall it, during the hardest lockdown periods it was advised to NOT wear a mask. But we know why that happened as well...right? The real masks, still no where to be found...who has them all? We know dont we?

I understand that some see it as a "hill to die on", but this aint that for me I guess. The sad part is those whose lifes have been ruined by losing their jobs, or business due to lockdowns etc. And of course those putting off health maintenance because they dont want to go. Suicides, alcholism...ect, etc. And from the very beginning I was skeptical, posts are readily available in the corona thread that was going for several months that was started in back like Feb.

IMO, there are people that are still on the right side here overall, that may choose to wear a mask for whatever reason. I think cornering these people as the enemy is not a smart long term strat, but I am sure others will not agree. Thats fine.

The over the top rhetoric on this whole topic is toxic. The lines are drawn I suppose. But I wouldnt draw those lines too far right, but again...thats just me.

Trust me sir, you are not a shelfish......

The gist of this entire thread stems from people wanting to force others to wear masks.
We, most of us, are tired of the media barrage and "virtuous people" trying to force/shame
us into complying with their fears.
After the events and "guidelines" of the last 7 months many have come to the conclusion
that this has been overplayed.
If a "pandemic" is real the media/talking heads shouldn't have to reinforce it 24/7.
Observation alone can debunk most.

R

Fully agree! Those pointing to this as “virtue signaling” are strange indeed. It’s not virtuous to do what the whole world is doing to contribute in slowing the spread, especially something so harmless and minor. Wether or not it works is much less important than the intentions behind it.
Giving a seat up on bus for an elderly person or holding the door open for someone falls into the same category; they’re a minor inconvenience to help make the world a better place. No clue how this topic became so partisan and heated.

You know exactly how it became so partisan and heated....

Its your contribution to the site - partisanship and heat,

The gist of this entire thread stems from people wanting to force others to wear masks.
We, most of us, are tired of the media barrage and "virtuous people" trying to force/shame
After the events and "guidelines" of the last 7 months many have come to the conclusion
If a "pandemic" is real the media/talking heads shouldn't have to reinforce it 24/7.

R

They tell us this.......

but the reality is much different.

R
this!

how many clips do you need to see of the "programmers" with masks on camera, only to rip them off as soon as they think the camera is off?
it isn't so much virtue signaling as programming you to learn to comply with bullshit, starting with something "easy".

Something I find funny.. When I'm in stores and almost everyone is wearing a mask, then some clerk asks for photo identification. If they have a mask on, how the hell are they supposed to know if someone behind a mask is the same person that is presenting the identification.

Perhaps people need to start putting a piece black tape or something to hide their face on their photo identification so that it matches the mask they are wearing in public. Kinda like how they hide part of the serial number on firearms...

I just thought that was a stupid thing to do...asking someone wearing a mask for photo ID.

Something I find funny.. When I'm in stores and almost everyone is wearing a mask, then some clerk asks for photo identification. If they have a mask on, how the hell are they supposed to know if someone behind a mask is the same person that is presenting the identification.

Perhaps people need to start putting a piece black tape or something to hide their face on their photo identification so that it matches the mask they are wearing in public. Kinda like how they hide part of the serial number on firearms...

I just thought that was a stupid thing to do...asking someone wearing a mask for photo ID.
They ask you to take it off for a second

I would have been more open to the idea if my crackpot of a Gov wasn't forcing me to wear a mask. As soon as someone said I have to, that's was pretty much all it took to turn me off on the idea. That's my issue, as others have also pointed out. It ain't cool when you fear your gov't.

And a big FUCK YOU for admitting you buy guns to resale at inflated prices. See post #160, you imply those guns will be in your safe until Dems take control. It's your right, doesn't make you a good person

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc68
I would have been more open to the idea if my crackpot of a Gov wasn't forcing me to wear a mask. As soon as someone said I have to, that's was pretty much all it took to turn me off on the idea. That's my issue, as others have also pointed out. It ain't cool when you fear your gov't. Luckily I live in a normal town where absolutely ZERO cops where masks, the only enforcement comes from crazy liberal business owners who kick you out of there store for not wearing a one.

In protest, I wear a red bandana (reminds me of old westerns) that does nothing to stop germs. It did come in handy the other day when cutting down a tree. Didn't have a face shield and was eating way too much crud, pulled the fucker out of my pocket, tied it on. Oh and one day I was in the car, started sneezing, needed to blow my nose and luckily I had a mask.

To 1911addict42, where the fuck do you think you are? I'm sure you will eventually tell us how educated you are, so let me remind you of something you should have learned a long time ago--Know Your Audience! If you didn't know SH is full of freedom loving people, you're an idiot. If you did know and posted this shit anyways, your an asshole looking for a fight. Either way, your are posting some stupid shit in the wrong place.

And to every one of your alleged points. My friends, family, and I have lived our lives exactly the same since the beginning of this. We wear masks when businesses force us, otherwise we gather and live life as we've always lived it. And guess what, not one of us has gotten sick. Meanwhile we laugh at sheep like you who have forgotten or maybe never learned what it means to be a free person on this planet.

And a big FUCK YOU for admitting you buy guns to resale at inflated prices. See post #160, you imply those guns will be in your safe until Dems take control. It's your right, doesn't make you a good person

Ummm regards that Red Bandanna.............A few Douche bags always ruining the good for the many.

1604162924689.png

Reactions: Buzzinga