• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why Mask Wearing is my Civic Duty

I have not really addressed my problem with you, specifically. This is primarily because I'm doubtful of anyone on this site taking a discussion seriously and thus it not being worth my time to go into longform conversation, but you might be an exception, so, here we go. That said, I'm happy to revert back to the pithy shit instead of respectful conversation if this goes sideways with you:

You've completely dismissed anything that doesn't agree with you outright, and seemingly refuse to even consider evidence of the *possibility* or *probability* that masks *might* help. The difference in our positions seems to be that you need irrefutable proof before you take an action that *might* protect yourself or your loved ones. That's like refusing to fight an intruder before he's in the house and instead requiring a guilty verdict from a court room before you'd pick up arms, which, like masks, are just tools that are also no guarantee of success. Obviously, I suspect neither you, nor most on this site, would wait for incontrovertible proof in that circumstance, but why would you/they require it in the case of a virus we reasonably perceived as a threat? Also, why have you come to a conclusion at all without irrefutable proof that masks do not work? Your bias seems to be in the standard of proof required for coming to one conclusion instead of its opposite... Or, have you incorrectly concluded from the evidence you've provided that you have irrefutable proof of their ineffectiveness?

You are one of the only or perhaps the only person in this thread even attempting to characterize the antagonism of mask-wearing, mandate-opposed, conservatives like me as reasonable and evidence-based. However, it seems to me that you're confusing 'lack of evidence' from the only cherry-picked studies you'll accept with 'irrefutable evidence' of both ineffectiveness & harm. To an open-minded, reasonable person, this comes across as clearly wrong, at least from what you've provided to this point.

Now, if you actually want to seem reasonable in taking such an affirmative, antagonistic position, then the burden is on you to prove the harm, and therefore the unreasonableness, of mask wearing... not just their ineffectiveness, which you still have not done. It's not good enough that you find studies that fail to find statistically significant evidence that masks help. That's a misunderstanding of statistical results, and that is the area of my expertise (Master's in ORSA). Others studies do find statistically significant evidence of effectiveness and I will continue to provide them here, if for no other reason then the entertainment of stringing out this thread and antagonizing my wanna-be antagonizers, even though you will continue to dismiss them...

Nevertheless, your refutations are still the wrong approach. To rightfully antagonize the reasonable position of attempting to protect oneself and loved ones with masks, you must affirmatively demonstrate statistically significant evidence of unmitigable harm. The closest I have seen here is the claim that the mandate is harmful, with which I am already in agreement. I'm beyond reasonably confident that you cannot demonstrate that properly worn masks are harmful, for if they were, that fact would have been clearly discovered and demonstrable by the millions of medical workers who have worn them correctly every workday for decades. So, at worst-case, I'm neither harming nor helping myself or my family. At best-case I successfully mitigated the transmission of COVID from outside of my home to its inside. Those of your persuasion never tried, and I support the right to do that, but I believe the decision was dubious, particularly if you have health-compromised or elderly family in your home.

Point made, for now.

Today's evidence countering your Cochrane review post:
Here's a quote from the editor-in-chief of the library that commissioned the Cochrane review you cited: "Many commentators have claimed that a recently updated Cochrane Review shows that 'masks don't work,' which is an inaccurate and misleading interpretation."

So, your turn. Link the studies that suggest wearing masks may be an unmitigable health hazard? To be clear, I don't want you to show me how idiots or populations can harm themselves. I also don't care to argue the socio-political value of pushing back against unwarranted mandates. I want you to show me how I, as an individual, cannot avoid harm despite training and discipline. All I've seen from you so far is suggestions that they haven't been proven to work, and rejections of anything suggesting that they might. The difference is, if you can demonstrate unmitigable harm, meaning training and disciplined use of masks is still harmful, you could actually change my mind. I know I cannot change yours.
It’s not about “might” for those of us that that think for ourselves. It’s impossible. It’s insanity. I don’t need peer reviewed studies from the hallowed halls of academia to tell me if it works, my eyes work fine.

Prove harm?
How about this:
29AF50BA-8949-4DCA-9872-85C42261EBBA.jpeg

Are you saying there has been no harm done to the mind of these young people?? Can you at least admit this won’t work and is insane? Or do you need a study that “proves” it?

So, if we can admit that, at least this much, is illogical insanity. What are the consequences of participating in illogical insanity?

Last edited:
It's OK to say 'fuck' in the bear pit
Fuck. Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck and fuck! Fuck, fuck and bugger! Bugger, bugger, buggerty buggerty buggerty, fuck, fuck, arse! Balls, balls, fuckity, shit, shit, fuck and willy. Willy, shit and fuck and... tits.

• Haha
Reactions: Praetorian_6
It’s not about “might” for those of us that that think for ourselves. It’s impossible. It’s insanity. I don’t need peer reviewed studies from the hallowed halls of academia to tell me if it works, my eyes work fine.

Prove harm?
How about this:
View attachment 8098880
Are you saying there has been no harm done to the mind of these young people?? Can you at least admit this won’t work and is insane? Or do you need a study that “proves” it?

So, if we can admit that, at least this much, is illogical insanity. What are the consequences of participating in illogical insanity?
Yes. Won't work. Is insane. I covered this in what you quoted. Read again what you quoted from me, everything after, "To be clear,".

Fuck. Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck and fuck! Fuck, fuck and bugger! Bugger, bugger, buggerty buggerty buggerty, fuck, fuck, arse! Balls, balls, fuckity, shit, shit, fuck and willy. Willy, shit and fuck and... tits.
Well said!

Mask Studies and reading other people's interpretation of the results and study focus I think is part of the confusion

Conflating respiratory aerosols and respiratory droplets

Studies that were completed a decade before covid 19 on influenza determined that there is a significant difference in what masks can block with regards to respiratory aerosols vs respiratory droplets

The short story is masks do very little (not statistically significant, even for N95) to block respiratory aerosols
however
even the crappy blue surgical masks do block a significant percentage of respiratory droplets

This aerosols vs droplets is what is confusing people on masks working or not to prevent covid and why there has been back and forth even with the experts.

The problem with covid and masks is that covid was confirmed transmitting from human to human via the much much much smaller respiratory aerosols which masks do not impact significantly.

compared to droplets, aerosolized particles are infinitesimal. Size alone is not the only important distinction: Droplets fall to earth quickly, but aerosols can travel on air currents potentially for hours

If you accept the science that covid is transmitted in the aerosols, and studies show masks do not significantly impact these aerosols, then you have 2+2 = surgical or n95 type masks are not preventing covid,

Putting that aside, lets look at masks and respiratory droplets for a minute, the larger particles that masks can help block.

Here is a statement

Every time you breathe out of your nose or mouth, you don't breathe out just air. The water in your breath is what makes your glasses fog up when you are wearing a mask and why you can see your breath on a cold day. That water is respiratory droplets of different sizes that travel different distances in the air.

I wear glasses full time, every single mask I ever wore cause my glasses to fog up. THINK about that one for a minute....

Masks are not doing much to prevent human to human transmission of a virus in most day to day cases

…To be clear, I don't want you to show me how idiots or populations can harm themselves. I also don't care to argue the socio-political value of pushing back against unwarranted mandates. I want you to show me how I, as an individual, cannot avoid harm despite training and discipline. All I've seen from you so far is suggestions that they haven't been proven to work, and rejections of anything suggesting that they might. The difference is, if you can demonstrate unmitigable harm, meaning training and disciplined use of masks is still harmful, you could actually change my mind. I know I cannot change yours.
You are suggesting two flawed points. I have shown you clear evidence of psychological HARM. 1- You are suggesting this psychological harm can be *mitigated* by training and discipline. As if the harm isn’t harmful if you’re disciplined, which is simply not true or supported. This false rational detachment would accurately characterize Nazis that thought they were “just doing my job”. We have decided as a human race that your training cannot usurp your humanity and God-given ability to reason. 2- Furthermore, you can’t have disciplined and trained thoughts which lead to insane actions. The kids in that picture are NOT disciplined, they are NOT rational, they are NOT sober. They ARE under a deluding influence, and potentially capable of the worst evils.

There is significant harm being done through the use of these masks, that is completely aside from the harm stemming from mandates.

lol. if you didn't care, you wouldn't be defending your ignorance with the dedicated ferocity of a sex starved masturbating
1. No reputation on this or any other internet site of strangers matters to me. 2. You, and others, clearly wish I cared, probably because like the rest of your delusions, you think you're bothering me. Also, possibly YOU care, and can't see why mature adults wouldn't. 3. As soon as that actually happens or I get bored, I'm out. Being here was clearly never going to be popular to the losers and sheep on this board. 4. it's fun running circles around all you fucks. 5. If it's a waste of time for me, it is 10 times that for you fucks, given the number of you, and that's rewarding to me because that's a pretty good ROI 6. If you can't empathize with the entertainment value here, then it means you're here despite hating it... So, I suggest, as any reasonable person would, leave. But, as we've established, your side does tend towards the irrational. So, perhaps you really can't see an alternative and think my reputation to complete strangers should have value... whatever, lol. Jedi mind tricks are to Watto as facts, reason, and logic are to you... they do not work! Therefore, you will go on manifesting my care about some imaginary reputation... lol.

If none of that clicks for you, this will. I realize, whether or not you do, I can just reset this supposedly important 'reputation' at my leisure with a new IP address and username. Not that I care enough to do that for such a shitty group of non-thinking sheep, but it's another reason not to give a damn...

Last edited:
You are suggesting two flawed points. I have shown you clear evidence of psychological HARM. 1- You are suggesting this psychological harm can be *mitigated* by training and discipline. As if the harm isn’t harmful if you’re disciplined, which is simply not true or supported. This false rational detachment would accurately characterize Nazis that thought they were “just doing my job”. We have decided as a human race that your training cannot usurp your humanity and God-given ability to reason. 2- Furthermore, you can’t have disciplined and trained thoughts which lead to insane actions. The kids in that picture are NOT disciplined, they are NOT rational, they are NOT sober. They ARE under a deluding influence, and potentially capable of the worst evils.

There is significant harm being done through the use of these masks, that is completely aside from the harm stemming from mandates.
You fail to comprehend what my challenge was or, more likely, you are fully aware masks do not cause harm, psychological (really? lol) or physical, to individuals who wear them correctly. Knowing this, you are forced to spin my reasonable points into strawman positions about the mandate, group think, etc... that do not reflect me or my views in any way shape or form. You project stupidness/insanity from others as though it represents me. This is a clear indicator of the insecurity you have in your own position and the insecurity you have in taking my points on by their merits. You're weak.

While you herd together, dogpile, and echo the same shit in here, you and the rest of the complete dumbasses in here accuse me of being the sheep. Damn... look in the mirror. Meanwhile, even the brightest floor mopper among you can't be bothered to engage in honest, reasonable, and evidence-based conversation, and the rest while claiming to hate MSM and journalists who spin shit don't even pretend to read beyond your own click-bait headlines into the science to form your own conclusions.

View attachment 8098966
IMG_20230318_004955.jpg

You fail to comprehend what my challenge was or, more likely, you are fully aware masks do not cause harm, psychological (really? lol) or physical, to individuals who wear them correctly. Knowing this, you are forced to spin my reasonable points into strawman positions about the mandate, group think, etc... that do not reflect me or my views in any way shape or form. You project stupidness/insanity from others as though it represents me. This is a clear indicator of the insecurity you have in your own position and the insecurity you have in taking my points on by their merits. You're weak.

While you herd together, dogpile, and echo the same shit in here, you and the rest of the complete dumbasses in here accuse me of being the sheep. Damn... look in the mirror. Meanwhile, even the brightest floor mopper among you can't be bothered to engage in honest, reasonable, and evidence-based conversation, and the rest while claiming to hate MSM and journalists who spin shit don't even pretend to read beyond your own click-bait headlines into the science to form your own conclusions.

View attachment 8098966View attachment 8098990
1. No reputation on this or any other internet site of strangers matters to me. 2. You, and others, clearly wish I cared, probably because like the rest of your delusions, you think you're bothering me. Also, possibly YOU care, and can't see why mature adults wouldn't. 3. As soon as that actually happens or I get bored, I'm out. Being here was clearly never going to be popular to the losers and sheep on this board. 4. it's fun running circles around all you fucks. 5. If it's a waste of time for me, it is 10 times that for you fucks, given the number of you, and that's rewarding to me because that's a pretty good ROI 6. If you can't empathize with the entertainment value here, then it means you're here despite hating it... So, I suggest, as any reasonable person would, leave. But, as we've established, your side does tend towards the irrational. So, perhaps you really can't see an alternative and think my reputation to complete strangers should have value... whatever, lol. Jedi mind tricks are to Watto as facts, reason, and logic are to you... they do not work! Therefore, you will go on manifesting my care about some imaginary reputation... lol.

If none of that clicks for you, this will. I realize, whether or not you do, I can just reset this supposedly important 'reputation' at my leisure with a new IP address and username. Not that I care enough to do that for such a shitty group of non-thinking sheep, but it's another reason not to give a damn...

1679115226300.jpeg

I have not really addressed my problem with you, specifically. This is primarily because I'm doubtful of anyone on this site taking a discussion seriously and thus it not being worth my time to go into longform conversation, but you might be an exception, so, here we go. That said, I'm happy to revert back to the pithy shit instead of respectful conversation if this goes sideways with you:

You've completely dismissed anything that doesn't agree with you outright, and seemingly refuse to even consider evidence of the *possibility* or *probability* that masks *might* help. The difference in our positions seems to be that you need irrefutable proof before you take an action that *might* protect yourself or your loved ones. That's like refusing to fight an intruder before he's in the house and instead requiring a guilty verdict from a court room before you'd pick up arms, which, like masks, are just tools that are also no guarantee of success. Obviously, I suspect neither you, nor most on this site, would wait for incontrovertible proof in that circumstance, but why would you/they require it in the case of a virus we reasonably perceived as a threat? Also, why have you come to a conclusion at all without irrefutable proof that masks do not work? Your bias seems to be in the standard of proof required for coming to one conclusion instead of its opposite... Or, have you incorrectly concluded from the evidence you've provided that you have irrefutable proof of their ineffectiveness?

You are one of the only or perhaps the only person in this thread even attempting to characterize the antagonism of mask-wearing, mandate-opposed, conservatives like me as reasonable and evidence-based. However, it seems to me that you're confusing 'lack of evidence' from the only cherry-picked studies you'll accept with 'irrefutable evidence' of both ineffectiveness & harm. To an open-minded, reasonable person, this comes across as clearly wrong, at least from what you've provided to this point.

Now, if you actually want to seem reasonable in taking such an affirmative, antagonistic position, then the burden is on you to prove the harm, and therefore the unreasonableness, of mask wearing... not just their ineffectiveness, which you still have not done. It's not good enough that you find studies that fail to find statistically significant evidence that masks help. That's a misunderstanding of statistical results, and that is the area of my expertise (Master's in ORSA). Others studies do find statistically significant evidence of effectiveness and I will continue to provide them here, if for no other reason then the entertainment of stringing out this thread and antagonizing my wanna-be antagonizers, even though you will continue to dismiss them...

Nevertheless, your refutations are still the wrong approach. To rightfully antagonize the reasonable position of attempting to protect oneself and loved ones with masks, you must affirmatively demonstrate statistically significant evidence of unmitigable harm. The closest I have seen here is the claim that the mandate is harmful, with which I am already in agreement. I'm beyond reasonably confident that you cannot demonstrate that properly worn masks are harmful, for if they were, that fact would have been clearly discovered and demonstrable by the millions of medical workers who have worn them correctly every workday for decades. So, at worst-case, I'm neither harming nor helping myself or my family. At best-case I successfully mitigated the transmission of COVID from outside of my home to its inside. Those of your persuasion never tried, and I support the right to do that, but I believe the decision was dubious, particularly if you have health-compromised or elderly family in your home.

Point made, for now.

Today's evidence countering your Cochrane review post:
Here's a quote from the editor-in-chief of the library that commissioned the Cochrane review you cited: "Many commentators have claimed that a recently updated Cochrane Review shows that 'masks don't work,' which is an inaccurate and misleading interpretation."

So, your turn. Link the studies that suggest wearing masks may be an unmitigable health hazard? To be clear, I don't want you to show me how idiots or populations can harm themselves. I also don't care to argue the socio-political value of pushing back against unwarranted mandates. I want you to show me how I, as an individual, cannot avoid harm despite training and discipline. All I've seen from you so far is suggestions that they haven't been proven to work, and rejections of anything suggesting that they might. The difference is, if you can demonstrate unmitigable harm, meaning training and disciplined use of masks is still harmful, you could actually change my mind. I know I cannot change yours.
Masks do work. 100% they do. Just not any of the stupid bullshit ones that everyone wore for 2 years. Surgical, cloth, and n95s are all completely fucking worthless. A fitting respirator with a complete face seal with p100 filters will most definitely work.

I weld for a living. Sometimes I have to weld on shit that the smoke is toxic and dangerous. You wear a surgical mask, respirator, or n95 and you are going to have a very bad day. Face seal respirator with p100s and you are g2g

Go mow on a zero turn all day with any of the above masks and I guarantee your snot will be full of dirt at the end of the day. Hint, if they can’t stop dirt they sure aren’t going to stop a virus.

NO ONE was ever honest about what masks work and which don’t. If the cdc was going to require masks it was 100% ignorant to make everyone put on shit that didn’t work. If they were honest and needed something that worked their advice should have been to wear an actual respirator not a fucking napkin over your face.

I don’t need some bull shit study to tell me that a surgical mask is 5% more effective. Use your fucking common sense that every seems to have lost. If air can escape around it at any point it is completely worthless. Might as well not wear anything.

So you’re doubling down on your position??

Which is:
Participating in insane actions does not harm a person psychologically.
Even if it does, psychological harm isn’t real *harm*.
And even if it is, it’s because the person wore it incorrectly, was untrained, undisciplined, or just a bit too dumb.

Where have I heard this before 🤔

8A323140-93C2-4351-A82E-64DE12FD1A9A.jpeg

I weld for a living. Sometimes I have to weld on shit that the smoke is toxic and dangerous. You wear a surgical mask, respirator, or n95 and you are going to have a very bad day. Face seal respirator with p100s and you are g2g
I believe you.
Go mow on a zero turn all day with any of the above masks and I guarantee your snot will be full of dirt at the end of the day. Hint, if they can’t stop dirt they sure aren’t going to stop a virus.
Negative. You're doing something wrong or are in some environmental condition unlike what I've been in. Spent plenty of time helping family out on the farm and while uncomfortable on hot sweaty days, N95s definitely eliminated lung irritation and kept my nose and mouth clean in shit worse than just what a zero turn mower kicks up. Further, I remember cloth masks weren't great in Iraq's dust storms, but they were still better than nothing.
NO ONE was ever honest about what masks work and which don’t. If the cdc was going to require masks it was 100% ignorant to make everyone put on shit that didn’t work.
I actually agree to some extent. i think we should have done a better job producing & distributing N95s and not acting as though cloth masks were a good enough answer. I was annoyed when my commander actually made me remove an N95 mask for a cloth one, because mine had an exhalation valve. Just one from what I had in the garage. I'm sure cloth still restricts the projection of droplets and reduces subconscious contact with your hands, but the N95s are clearly superior personal protection..

• Haha
Reactions: Tokay444
So you’re doubling down on your position??

Which is:
Participating in insane actions does not harm a person psychologically.
Even if it does, psychological harm isn’t real *harm*.
And even if it is, it’s because the person wore it incorrectly, was untrained, undisciplined, or just a bit too dumb.

Where have I heard this before 🤔

View attachment 8099014
I think you've been psychologically harmed during the making of this thread. You keep mischaracterizing my position.

Did you ever take this position towards medical pros who wore N95s as PPE for decades long careers before COVID? Keep in mind, I'm not changing the subject... you responded to my call for evidence of harm of trained, disciplined, mask wearing individuals... I made the subject. You keep twisting it into something it isn't.

Last edited:
I think you've been psychologically harmed during the making of this thread. You have utterly failed to respond regarding harm despite repetition and clarity.
I’ll ignore the ad hominem attack.

Let’s move forward to the straw man argument.
MY POSITION-Using surgical masks to combat the spread of a virus is insane. And notably more insane if used, handled, reused, rehandled.

You are suggesting we are saying masks don’t work. That properly sealed masks aren’t effective as PPE for some purposes. That’s a straw man argument.

I don’t need some bull shit study to tell me that a surgical mask is 5% more effective. Use your fucking common sense that every seems to have lost. If air can escape around it at any point it is completely worthless. Might as well not wear anything.
Why is everyone so damned binary on this question? Many libs think they work perfectly, many of you take the position they don't do anything. Can you really not think of a situation wherein a mask might prevent the transmission? That's just a lack of imagination... How effective exactly is not possible to know without scientific experiment or real world statistical evidence. And the evidence suggests they do reduce transmission. Not eliminate... reduce. Think in terms of probability.

I’ll ignore the ad hominem attack.

Let’s move forward to the straw man argument.
MY POSITION-Using surgical masks to combat the spread of a virus is insane. And notably more insane if used, handled, reused, rehandled.

You are suggesting we are saying masks don’t work. That properly sealed masks aren’t effective as PPE for some purposes. That’s a straw man argument.
Bullshit. You keep changing the subject and have yet to take my challenge of demonstrating harm in the manner I specified, which is all that is relevant to the personal decision upon which this entire group of insecure losers, who cant handle a single individual arriving at a differing conclusion than their tribe, is ridiculing me. If you want to talk about surgical masks, group think, mandates, etc... you've chosen the wrong opponent and are projecting upon me positions that I have not taken.

Band members tearing up their masks to play their instruments IOT virtue signal is of absolutely 0 relevance and you're completely insane for trying to connect it to me. Until you stop your mischaracterizations, fuck off.

Last edited:
Today's evidence, a meta-analysis from last month, post cochrane-review, that demonstrates significant reduction of transmission of COVID in hospital settings:

Biggest takeaway and a surprise to me, Of the viral infections studied, COVID 1 & 2 was the virus with the most statistically significant difference in relative risk of transmission when comparing the use of surgical masks vs. N95s. N95s work, folks. To believe otherwise is to bury your head in the sand. You're children sticking your fingers in your ears yelling, "Lalalalala" and thinking about smelling farts! lol

You’re dishonest at a level that cultivates real problems.
I'll ignore the ad hominem attack... nvm... go fuck yaself! Now, take a big step back, and literally fuck your own face! Not the slightest dishonesty from me, unless, Mr. Madison, I ever gave you the impression you'd made a valid point or that we weren't all dumber from having read your drivel. If you were capable of staying on topic or addressing someone else directly then you might not be a hypocrite for accusing me of dishonesty. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your mentally retarded soul!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: ewoaf and Bender
Restricting ones breathing for those with pulmonary issues shouldn't require a peer reviewed study. There is a very real health issue concerning masks for those that have issues with breathing on a normal day. This doesn't even include humid/hot weather and physical activity.

For healthy mask wearers, I can imagine it wouldn't be much of an issue as long as the masks are changed frequently.

Reactions: Praetorian_6
It’s not a personal attack. It’s an observation.

You are intellectually dishonest. You presented yourself as a guy willing to have humble honest discussions, but now you’re hurling insults and name calling.

View attachment 8099020
Can dish it but not take it? Perhaps, you haven't been as bad as others, but if that's the case, and I frankly don't care to go back and review your posts, maybe put yourself in my shoes. When on the receiving end of incoming fire and personal attacks from all angles in a forum called the bear pit, it's pretty hard to tell friend from foe, and pretty easy to assume the worst. There really have been intentional, malicious, and repetitive mischaracterizations of me and of my simple position.

Tried the discussion. The only one who seemed interested in posting contrary evidence bowed out of civil discussion as soon as I took him seriously. No one else obliged, and you specifically took up the mantle but kept bypassing my discussion points, while quoting me directly and responding with positions tangent to my discussion points, such as responding to my point that to be reasonably antagonistic of me, you needed not only to demonstrate that N95s are ineffective, but that they would also cause me, as an individual, harm. You posted band kids with torn masks and started talking about psych harm to others. That, to me, came across as intellectually dishonest, because that has nothing to do with reasonable criticism of an individual, trained and disciplined on the proper wear of masks, choosing to wear them. Is your accusation of dishonesty towards me for the same reason, namely that I refused to engage you on points you wanted me to, b/c I never took a position on those points in the first place?

Regardless, hurling insults in this forum doesn't make me intellectually dishonest, and I've consistantly dropped F-bombs since my first post... I know how unpopular opinions play out here. So, I never tried to give the impression I was only after humble conversation. I've taken very few actual positions. I've even reposted my inital post, which remains the only position I'm staunch about. I support individuals making informed decisions for themselves, whether pro or anti-mask. I believe that N95s specifically are effective in reducing the transmission of COVID, and on balance, I believe it was wiser to wear them in public to protect my family at home. I'm anti-mandate, and I support others coming to the decision not to wear one. How did that become a controversial position? Clearly, folks here are as closed-minded, tribal, and aggressive towards differing opinions as the extreme left. They want to be left to their own freedom of choice, but are absolutely obnoxious about my individual choice.

In any case, I am an honest person, and I am willing to have a humble conversation, but this just doesn't seem like the place. PM me if you're serious. I'll engage your points if you engage mine.

Last edited:
Time to give ups folks, Praetorian has won this debate.

For his prize I'm going to send him the the one box of masks I bought in early 2020. The early masks are rare now, highly valued by the true believers.
Have you got any of those the ladies were sewing together from t-shirts?

What happened to that program anyway?

I still remember the "Please take a mask" pile and the "Please leave your mask here so we can get it washed" pile sitting at the front door in the local hospital.

I still have purple stains in the floor tile grout. "No, we won't get anything on the floor." I never did see any of the masks, but I am sure they looked fabulous.

Looks like the window licker is going to need a new keyboard by the time this thread is done
Even Choid would have realized by now that he lost the debate 6 pages ago and would have given up . This guy is on a whole new level .
He reminds me of the Japanese soilder they found in Guam .

Even Choid would have realized by now that he lost the debate 6 pages ago and would have given up . This guy is on a whole new level .
He reminds me of the Japanese soilder they found in Guam .

And, like P6, declared victory.

Some reading material.. Has a great list of link for covid (slightly off topic by a hair).

The Ultimate Vaccine List of Links​

The Mask Mandates Did Nothing. Will Any Lessons Be Learned? (I am Leaning NO at this point)​

New Study Finds Mask Mandate Failed to Reduce COVID Deaths, Hospitalizations, or Cases​

30 facts you NEED to know: Your Covid Cribsheet​

I can go on but... dont want to waste the classes time on stuff most everyone knows

Can dish it but not take it? Perhaps, you haven't been as bad as others, but if that's the case, and I frankly don't care to go back and review your posts, maybe put yourself in my shoes. When on the receiving end of incoming fire and personal attacks from all angles in a forum called the bear pit, it's pretty hard to tell friend from foe, and pretty easy to assume the worst. There really have been intentional, malicious, and repetitive mischaracterizations of me and of my simple position.

Tried the discussion. The only one who seemed interested in posting contrary evidence bowed out of civil discussion as soon as I took him seriously. No one else obliged, and you specifically took up the mantle but kept bypassing my discussion points, while quoting me directly and responding with positions tangent to my discussion points, such as responding to my point that to be reasonably antagonistic of me, you needed not only to demonstrate that N95s are ineffective, but that they would also cause me, as an individual, harm. You posted band kids with torn masks and started talking about psych harm to others. That, to me, came across as intellectually dishonest, because that has nothing to do with reasonable criticism of an individual, trained and disciplined on the proper wear of masks, choosing to wear them. Is your accusation of dishonesty towards me for the same reason, namely that I refused to engage you on points you wanted me to, b/c I never took a position on those points in the first place?

Regardless, hurling insults in this forum doesn't make me intellectually dishonest, and I've consistantly dropped F-bombs since my first post... I know how unpopular opinions play out here. So, I never tried to give the impression I was only after humble conversation. I've taken very few actual positions. I've even reposted my inital post, which remains the only position I'm staunch about. I support individuals making informed decisions for themselves, whether pro or anti-mask. I believe that N95s specifically are effective in reducing the transmission of COVID, and on balance, I believe it was wiser to wear them in public to protect my family at home. I'm anti-mandate, and I support others coming to the decision not to wear one. How did that become a controversial position? Clearly, folks here are as closed-minded, tribal, and aggressive towards differing opinions as the extreme left. They want to be left to their own freedom of choice, but are absolutely obnoxious about my individual choice.

In any case, I am an honest person, and I am willing to have a humble conversation, but this just doesn't seem like the place. PM me if you're serious. I'll engage your points if you engage mine.
1679149831563.jpeg

Today's evidence, a meta-analysis from last month, post cochrane-review, that demonstrates significant reduction of transmission of COVID in hospital settings:

Biggest takeaway and a surprise to me, Of the viral infections studied, COVID 1 & 2 was the virus with the most statistically significant difference in relative risk of transmission when comparing the use of surgical masks vs. N95s. N95s work, folks. To believe otherwise is to bury your head in the sand. You're children sticking your fingers in your ears yelling, "Lalalalala" and thinking about smelling farts! lol

and this is EXACTLY what I mean by people misunderstanding / misinterpreting study results. Biggest takeaway is really how uneducated you are

YOUR provided link to the study YOU are basing your foundation of your argument on has a warning RIGHT AT THE FUCKING TOP that states

1679149932999.png

FOLLOW THAT LINK

It tells you the conclusion in the study you are basing your opinion on is INCORRECT

Holy shit man!! That is the best self own I have seen in a while

Perhaps, you haven't been as bad as others, but if that's the case, and I frankly don't care to go back and review your posts, maybe put yourself in my shoes. When on the receiving end of incoming fire and personal attacks from all angles in a forum called the bear pit, it's pretty hard to tell friend from foe, and pretty easy to assume the worst. There really have been intentional, malicious, and repetitive mischaracterizations of me and of my simple position.
Stop being such a fatuous cunt.
You came in here as a white knight to defend a fellow Covidian. Now you feign umbrage to, in some small way, win your audience.
You are a clown. Dance clown.

Tried the discussion. The only one who seemed interested in posting contrary evidence bowed out of civil discussion as soon as I took him seriously.....
sorry turbo, i wasn't interested in discussing the merits of wearing a mask with you. that debate is over.
i attempted to bring you up to date and suggested that you were relying on liars to develop your "well informed" opinions.
you don't seem to understand that "science" is being manipulated by politics and money (see global warming)...

plz-stop-post.jpg

ferris-bueller-ferris-buellers-day-off.gif

and this is EXACTLY what I mean by people misunderstanding / misinterpreting study results. Biggest takeaway is really how uneducated you are

YOUR provided link to the study YOU are basing your foundation of your argument on has a warning RIGHT AT THE FUCKING TOP that states

View attachment 8099127

FOLLOW THAT LINK

It tells you the conclusion in the study you are basing your opinion on is INCORRECT

Holy shit man!! That is the best self own I have seen in a while
Thanks for the catch, though it's not quite as damning as you lead on. The p-value is still .08 and the RR still favors N95s:

1679160459793.png