• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why no inner city school shooting? read on

C Snyder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2007
OK
Why have we not seen any of these terrible tragedy's at inner city schools that have a long history of violence and gang activity? Because they have trained full time armed police officers. Not security guards with a flashlight and a radio.... full time certified officers with the authority to take into custody and enforce all state and local law.

All of these worthless excuses for a human be
ing(AKA the shooter), have gone to these "GUN FREE SAFE AREAS" because they are cowards and know that they will be meet with little or no resistance. (Not to mention the fact that any gang member would think it was a rivalry and take out the dirt bag if only to protect there territory.)

Many more are killed in car accidents everyday than what was lost in the resent school shooting. There are many laws on the books today that we as law enforcement try to enforce as best as we can to stop these preventable deaths...... but short of banning all vehicles and making everyone walk to work, 10,000 more laws will not stop these accidents.

Yet some in our society want to limit or ban what type of firearms you as a citizen can purchase or own. There rational is "well if he would have never had access to that assault weapon all of those children would be alive.... BAN them all!!! do it for the children!!!!" If men didn't have a penis they couldn't rape woman. Do we need to cut every males genitals off to prevent the horrible crime of rape? (look out guys, the girls out number us and they could pass this law!)

While I was working at a private company I remember a class called "Root Cause Analysis" The purpose of this class was to find the root or base cause of the failure in the equipment. If a bearing keeps going out on a pump the root cause is not the bearing, but some other underlying problem.

That is our current state as a nation, we want the quick easy "feel good " fix so we can go about our business as usual. We will not even consider the multiple social, economic and behavioral issues that are the root cause of these violent acts against innocent victims.

I could go on and on ranting on my soapbox but will stop and let anyone who took the time to read this THINK and take a deep look at ourselves and see that WE must bear part of the burden of creating the social environment that allows very sick people, to do very sick acts

Re: Why no inner city school shooting? read on

Thats a solid point, but I don't know if it's in a lot of schools budgets to pay for a school resource officer.

It's just easier to "ban all guns"

In todays society the public school should receive the same type of funding to PROTECT our children as it does to feed and educate them. If the government wants to fund a worthwhile project with our tax dollars this would be money well spent Vs buyouts of car companies and mismanaged financial institutions. Many parents expect the teachers to raise there children and then scold them when they "hurt my poor child's feelings"

Most is all of the teachers I know would lay there life down and protect there students like there own children. (as we have seen evidence of ) But we as a society have taken that ability away from the teacher.

Your child is an absolute jerk in class and gets disciplined for there actions, you as a parent get upset and scold the teacher for "abusing" your poor innocent child. this empowers the child to think they can do what ever they want and creates a "whatever" attitude with new teachers. They cant do whats right so they just run the little rug rats through the system like cattle.

We have had too many years of "it not my fault!!??" attitude that has been accepted as the norm. Blame it on anything else but who is actually at fault.

Enough of my rant before I go off some other tangent.........

Very well put Okie. I have said it myself, maybe we should also outlaw pillows, because the can be used or how about cigarettes the actually do kill people.