• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Why no more PGW's?

bob7-08

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
EU
I m waiting for a coyote folder and I often read on this forum these rifle are one of the best tactical rifle and always wonder why i doesn't see more of it?
there is a lot of AI and high end custom's ,which are in the same price range than PGW's,but not a lot of PGW;
Does someone have an explanation please ?(other than "it's a matter of taste!)

I would wager that a lot of it has to do with this site membership is predominantly American and PGW is a Canadian company. To import a PGW rifle into the US (if I'm reading the ATF and CBP websites correctly) we would need an import permit. I can't speak for everyone here, but I don't see the benefit of jumping through that bureaucratic hurdle when the likes of SAC, GAP, PCR, APA, Robert Gradous, TacOps, Black Ops Precision, Chad Dixon, et al are available.

You are maybe true,if i were in the US i would have look at black ops first before ordering a PGW but for me,in Europe it's easier to work with canadian custom's service than with the US departement of state which is currently not very easy to deal with..

Like other's said it's a matter of location. Here in Canada there are quite a few PGW's and very very few AI's and american made customs. You won't regret the PGW. Are you looking at a timberwolf?

TusconDave has a PGW and it is one of my favorite all time 308's. absolutely amazing gun, I told him i would run him over with a truck if he ever sold it without giving me first dibs.

Like other's said it's a matter of location. Here in Canada there are quite a few PGW's and very very few AI's and american made customs. You won't regret the PGW. Are you looking at a timberwolf?

i m currently waiting for a coyote and will receive it during the summer,i hope,as i don't have a lot of news of my build..i think they are very busy!
and yes i will look at a timberwolf as soon as my wife forget how much money i spend in this rifle.. scope ,suppressor,bipod..

You will be extremely happy with your Coyote when you get it! Don't get discouraged if you sometimes have difficulty communicating with PGW.
I used to look at them as yet another custom in a ho-hum A5 stock until a buddy brought one out to our private shooting spot. I watched him take the gun out of it's case, un-fold the bipod and put 4 out of five shots into about 5" at 930 meters. Cold bore, shooting prone.
Very impressive!

I should mention his is a 7WSM.

Last edited:
Thank you for your encouragement!sometimes it seems so long ..
I will order an ase utra suppressor for it tomorrow ,so i will have all the accessories when the rifle will be home!mine will be a 260 rem.

I have looked into importing firearms and accessories into the USA and it is not too hard. You just fill out a form 6.1 (I think that is what it is called) send it to the ATF and wait several weeks. Then you have the goods shipped to an FFL and its yours. Of course it takes a little longer because it has to go threw customs which I have confirmed all this threw the US Customs. I am trying to get a magazine imported for my 22lr and still have to go threw this process.

On to the PGW rifles, I have only shot 1 but it was one of the most impressive rifles I have ever had the pleasure to get behind. I have shot or owned most everything else and the Timberwolf I shot was as good if not better than any of them. They are definitely on my short list of guns to own before I die. Yes it is just a very nice 2 lug custom action in an A5 that is very well put together, however you know when you get a rifle that just feels better than most in every way its kind of strange how some are just better. This rifle was one that was issued to the Canadian snipers shooting in the International Sniper Comp @ Ft. Benning a few years back. I was able to check out the full kit and shoot it suppressed with the PGW suppressor which is equally as nice! I shot it out to 1300m and it was just crazy easy to make center hits on E types. In short they are all that and more...

PGWDTI Coyote 260 Rem - YouTube

Here is my 260 Coyote shot through my iPhone and Zeiss diascope. The gun will do a lot better than this.......I wasn't really putting to much effort into these shots, and I was letting my gong swing between shots.

As much as I love my rifle I am extremely envious of you guys in the South that have your pick of GAP SAC APA Long Rifles etc........there are a lot of nice smoke poles being made in the States. Be patient you'll love your PGWDTI Coyote.

For a while they were unobtainium because they were filling Canadian military orders, but I would imagine that's changed by now.

currently they are not "unobtainium" as they told me i will wait about 4 months(5 months ago..) to have my 260 and it would have been about a month for a 308 or 338.
i think these rifle are worth the wait and i will be patient !

Been emailing Ross Spagrud at PGW about importing a C14 Timberwolf .408 for T&E. Also talking to Surgeon about 3 prototypes rifles for the eval. Time will tell, no definitive responses yet.

Response from PWG is that they have no interest whatsoever in selling any Timberwolf rifles in the US market. Save yourself some time and take your business and money to someone that wants it.

We just finished the Western Canada F-Class Championships a few weekends ago, both Ross and Steve were there. It was sponsored by them. A Coyote (folding) and full case/kit was the grand prize, with a few receivers also for the 'runner-ups'. It really was a great competition.

Steve had a number of things to say to the groups who were hanging around him, and their workload is definitely up for some changes here in the new future. As to whether they'll be dealing/shipping to the States, I can't say a word. All I will say here, is that their "customer base" is changing, and they will be more open for private citizens orders shortly.

That is the gist of what was being said. Good luck, and enjoy.

I have one of their old Timberwolf actions. It remains a favorite rifle of mine. GAP did the build and I am more then happy with just the action. If they don't want to sell rifles in the US, that is their loss. Wish they would change their mind because their actions are very nice. But with Defiance Machine running here in the states I see no reason to jump ship.

PGWDTI Coyote 260 Rem - YouTube

Here is my 260 Coyote shot through my iPhone and Zeiss diascope. The gun will do a lot better than this.......I wasn't really putting to much effort into these shots, and I was letting my gong swing between shots.

As much as I love my rifle I am extremely envious of you guys in the South that have your pick of GAP SAC APA Long Rifles etc........there are a lot of nice smoke poles being made in the States. Be patient you'll love your PGWDTI Coyote.

Jugi,

did you specify that muzzle break? I told Ross I wanted the same muzzle break as my T-Wolf but he shipped the rifle with this one. It's a two bolt configuration as opposed to your single cross bolt.

Updated response from PGW: they are not currently producing a .408 (not tooled up to do so) but do have .338's available for purchase. No US distributors was indicated. We would love to get ahold of a .408 to T&E it. Any leads on how to purchase a C14 Timberwolf 408 will be utilized to the fullest extent. Other plan is to travel to the Infantry School and shoot one there.

waiting for 11 months..
just have to write it and share my pain!

i'll post a range report with pics as soon as i 'll have the time to shoot it!
my test cartridge are ready with 139 scenars,142 smk,140 amax and 130 norma golden target!
i will order gs customs 112 grs solids too!
i m waiting for my 6.5 mm ase utra suppressor too(for 6 months now)..