• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why the disrespect for Vets with disability?

Yup. This is why I'm glad I live 60+ miles from my nearest RO.....it gets me Community Care for basically everything so I can choose private doctors that are good. It may take 1-3 weeks to get Community Care to get off their fucking asses and approve something but it's nice. We also have a CBOC clinic here in my city that my PCP is at and we have a private urgent care that's affiliated in the VA's network so I can use urgent care for free as well.
The VA paid for my tonsillectomy/adenoids removal a few years back. The CC lady on the phone asked when I could come to the RO to have it done....I laughed and said, "yeah, no....this is why we're going through Community Care." "But we have ENT here that can do it!" "yeah, you can fuck off with that bullshit, I want ENT XXXX to do it." "Hrmph, okay....."

There is a lot of disrespect for veterans with disabilities because there are so many who abuse the system. I think VA abusers are some of the worst people in this country. I was a security forces journeyman at Andrew's AFB during the height of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. I saw the C-17s come in and the rows of busses needed to take people to Walter Reed. I remember the calls over the base PA system in Iraq for hours trying to get blood donations as they tried to save a crew who got hit with a vbied. Several didn't make it. We had a guy from my unit come home and claim PTSD for a VA claim. We were fucking fobbit, tower monkeys that saw zero combat. Shit, not a single person fired their weapon for our entire deployment in the entire squadron. PTSD, fuck that shit.

Someone who lost limbs are not the same as people who have fucking sleep apnea, so let's stop acting like they are. I work as a DoD civilian and I can't tell you how many conversations I've over heard of retired military people talking about how to "maximize" their disability status with the VA. They literally coach each other on what to say. That's fucking disgusting, and those people should be ashamed of themselves. But unfortunately for MANY in the military, that's just par for the course. Veterans aren't some magic group of people who are above criticism. They can be shit bags too.

There is a lot of disrespect for veterans with disabilities because there are so many who abuse the system. I think VA abusers are some of the worst people in this country. I was a security forces journeyman at Andrew's AFB during the height of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. I saw the C-17s come in and the rows of busses needed to take people to Walter Reed. I remember the calls over the base PA system in Iraq for hours trying to get blood donations as they tried to save a crew who got hit with a vbied. Several didn't make it. We had a guy from my unit come home and claim PTSD for a VA claim. We were fucking fobbit, tower monkeys that saw zero combat. Shit, not a single person fired their weapon for our entire deployment in the entire squadron. PTSD, fuck that shit.
Not that I would defend the AF, let alone Security Forces for the AF, but the VA has stated for PTSD claims, you don't have to have been in active combat. The fear or threat of combat action is enough to satisfy the requirements for a claim of PTSD. Not saying it's right or wrong or agreeing with it but eh:

FINDINGS OF FACT

1. The Veteran has a current medical diagnosis of PTSD.

2. The medical evidence establishes that the Veteran's reported in-service stressor is adequate to support a diagnosis of PTSD and that his PTSD is attributable to his fear of hostile military or terrorist activity in service.
Now, what the regulation/law actually says is but they throw in the "actual or potential" wording in there:
(3) If a stressor claimed by a veteran is related to the veteran's fear of hostile military or terrorist activity and a VA psychiatrist or psychologist, or a psychiatrist or psychologist with whom VA has contracted, confirms that the claimed stressor is adequate to support a diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder and that the veteran's symptoms are related to the claimed stressor, in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to the contrary, and provided the claimed stressor is consistent with the places, types, and circumstances of the veteran's service, the veteran's lay testimony alone may establish the occurrence of the claimed in-service stressor. For purposes of this paragraph, “fear of hostile military or terrorist activity” means that a veteran experienced, witnessed, or was confronted with an event or circumstance that involved actual or threatened death or serious injury, or a threat to the physical integrity of the veteran or others, such as from an actual or potential improvised explosive device; vehicle-imbedded explosive device; incoming artillery, rocket, or mortar fire; grenade; small arms fire, including suspected sniper fire; or attack upon friendly military aircraft, and the veteran's response to the event or circumstance involved a psychological or psycho-physiological state of fear, helplessness, or horror.

With that said, unless the base was attacked and you genuinely thought they were attacking, standing at a gate inside a secure base is awfully weak to consider a PTSD claim. Anyone who joined 2001-2018 knew they had a chance to deploy and/or see combat and a Fobbit is gonna file a PTSD claim without most likely even having left the base and gone into the red zone? Yeah....I mean, I get it, everyone is different. Some joined for the college benefits, etc....not everyone is Combat Arms nor has the mentality for it, but jesus fuck, c'mon.

We had a couple office weenies who never left the base try to put in for combat awards due to some mortars landing about 1/2-3/4 mile away on base at BIAP. Thankfully, the BN shot that shit down, no pun intended, very quickly. It also helped our BN Cdr started out as a private in the Air Cav back in Vietnam. xD

Someone who lost limbs are not the same as people who have fucking sleep apnea, so let's stop acting like they are. I work as a DoD civilian and I can't tell you how many conversations I've over heard of retired military people talking about how to "maximize" their disability status with the VA. They literally coach each other on what to say. That's fucking disgusting, and those people should be ashamed of themselves. But unfortunately for MANY in the military, that's just par for the course. Veterans aren't some magic group of people who are above criticism. They can be shit bags too.
What is a "security forces journeyman"?

There are some people that abuse the system, it is true. There are a lot of people that don't abuse the system.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: redx and tyman
My grandfather in-law went to the VA monthly or even weekly before he died for any and all sorts of reasons. Almost 100% of it related to him being in his 90s rather than anything that happened to him at the Battle of the Bulge. That said he was 100% taken care of by the VA, and a ton of people would have said he deserved it too. He also drew full SS while paying into it a fraction of what he pulled out.

My grandfather in-law went to the VA monthly or even weekly before he died for any and all sorts of reasons. Almost 100% of it related to him being in his 90s rather than anything that happened to him at the Battle of the Bulge. That said he was 100% taken care of by the VA, and a ton of people would have said he deserved it too. He also drew full SS while paying into it a fraction of what he pulled out.

So were you wishing him dead because he lived long enough to make more social security than he paid in? That is kind of sick, actually.

The VA by the way, offers it's services to some veteran's when they reach old age. If he had a rating over 50% then he was allowed to use them for his primary care.

You should try and learn how a pension of any kind works. If you live long enough you get more money out than you put into it. Pensions and Social Security are both paid by you and your employer, so in reality there was 100% more money than you contributed in your account. This money was invested along the way and it made money. Generally speaking you are get credited for your money and modest savings account type interest. A good pension program is funded at 80-90% of it's obligations, a decent one has over 60% funding and the ability to grow, a shitty one is run by New York, New Jersey, Detroit or Chicago. The shitty ones fund the system and borrow the money right back and issue shitty bonds, just like Social Security. Social Security by the way does not have a single dollar in cash, it is 100% turned into worthless government bonds.

So when your piece of shit grandkids bitch that you are outliving your contributions and squandering their inheritance they are probably wrong. I feel sorry for your grandad. Poor guy lived to see his piece of shit grandkids wish him dead and hate him because he lived to long.

Yeah no shit. I was asking about the "journyman" part I bolded. Last I knew the even the Air Force used ranks.
They use both rank and AFSC levels. 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 levels. 1, and 3 levels are typically E-1 through E-4. 5, 7 are E-4 through E-6, and 7, 9 are E-7 through E-9.

So almost like you are in the real military.
Hey, we all had a choice of what recruiting office to walk into. I'm OK with the choice I made. I very much enjoyed my air conditioned tower, buffet chow hall, and rack arrangements in the desert. Airforce deployments, the struggle was real. Chocolate chip or macadamia nut cookies for dinner? Now that I think of it, maybe that cunt did have PTSD.

Reactions: Oldloser
Yeah no shit. I was asking about the "journyman" part I bolded. Last I knew the even the Air Force used ranks.

My bad. I figured you saw hlee's response to you question. I see now that his response was a live link, so I guess that's where you went off the rails.

Hey, we all had a choice of what recruiting office to walk into. I'm OK with the choice I made. I very much enjoyed my air conditioned tower, buffet chow hall, and rack arrangements in the desert. Airforce deployments, the struggle was real. Chocolate chip or macadamia nut cookies for dinner? Now that I think of it, maybe that cunt did have PTSD.

...and the pay is the same.

• Haha
Reactions: tyman
So almost like you are in the real military.

During Cold War the SP's would have been mowed down by Spetsnaz sappers. When things go hot with China the SP's will be in the same boat. They will be among the first casualties.

Lets not forget the PJs are the most respected members of the JSOC community.

And the best looking females on the base.

During Cold War the SP's would have been mowed down by Spetsnaz sappers. When things go hot with China the SP's will be in the same boat. They will be among the first casualties.

Lets not forget the PJs are the most respected members of the JSOC community.
No they would have been killed by the NUKE that was targeted at the Base. Dying without ever seeing the enemy.

Reactions: brianf
If nukes are launched, I'm bettin' uniform color won't matter.
I just pointed out that (except for possibly a few forward bases in Germany) SPs weren't going to be killed by Spetznatz during the Cold War and for sure not if things get hot with China now.

Several factors have changed in the VA health care system.
There are a much larger number of Veterans actually working in all departments of the VA including Providers, and Admin Staff. That has changed the general attitude of persons doing face to face contact with Vets.
A great many of the "problem children" (heavy drinkers, and drug user/seekers), that were overusing the system and creating an "image" problem for the rest of us Vets, have simply attrited out due to complications and consequences of their profiles (heavy drinkers/heavy smokers/drug users). People who ignored medical advise, and abuse themselve just don't last that long.
Those of us in our 70's aren't going to last much longer, either, since we are going to see the result of Agent Orange related diseases causing many of us to die before our 80's.
I am a retired PA, specialized in Emergency Medicine, I get most of my care via theVA or Community Care, and can tell the difference between good care and bad. I get good care.
It helps to be able to navigate the system, be tech savvy, and understand what the Doc is telling you. I never mention my background which gives me an even better edge.
Finally, I am also serving on a Committee within the local VA hospital/Clinic. My PCP referred me, and I accepted. I learned a long time ago, that it is better to work INSIDE the system to improve it, instead of simply bitching about it, and doing nothing.

There are a much larger number of Veterans actually working in all departments of the VA including Providers, and Admin Staff. That has changed the general attitude of persons doing face to face contact with Vets.
A great many of the "problem children" (heavy drinkers, and drug user/seekers), that were overusing the system and creating an "image" problem for the rest of us Vets, have simply attrited out due to complications and consequences of their profiles (heavy drinkers/heavy smokers/drug users). People who ignored medical advise, and abuse themselve just don't last that long.
Those of us in our 70's aren't going to last much longer, either, since we are going to see the result of Agent Orange related diseases causing many of us to die before our 80's.
I am a retired PA, specialized in Emergency Medicine, I get most of my care via theVA or Community Care, and can tell the difference between good care and bad. I get good care.
It helps to be able to navigate the system, be tech savvy, and understand what the Doc is telling you. I never mention my background which gives me an even better edge.
Finally, I am also serving on a Committee within the local VA hospital/Clinic. My PCP referred me, and I accepted. I learned a long time ago, that it is better to work INSIDE the system to improve it, instead of simply bitching about it, and doing nothing.

Very good friend died from cancer at 49 (USMC 1968-1972). Everyone but the VA believed it was Agent Orange.

My neighbor (USA retired) keeps trying to convince me to apply for VA healthcare. I'm reasonable healthy and happy with my insurances and doctor. I would feel guilty taking an appointment away from a guy who really needs it.

Very good friend died from cancer at 49 (USMC 1968-1972). Everyone but the VA believed it was Agent Orange.

My neighbor (USA retired) keeps trying to convince me to apply for VA healthcare. I'm reasonable healthy and happy with my insurances and doctor. I would feel guilty taking an appointment away from a guy who really needs it.
too bad thoughts like that are outnumbered

not the VA but i know several guys at the gym over the years that were taking steroids and doing competitions while on disability from PD, FD etc

is what it is.. and people are who they are

Reactions: lash

I don't know how your local VA is.
Ours here in the Tampa Bay area are great.
It's foolish for you to not utilize today's VA if you rate it.
With all due respect, Foolish.

And the best looking females on the base.
No shit, there we were....freshly arrived on Victory Base and walking into the main PX on Liberty. As we're walking up, taking in the sights like BK, Cinnabon, etc....this brunette walks out flanked by 3 other AF dudes....we literally stopped on the sidewalk, like in the movies, and watched her as she walked by. She had frizzy longer brunette hair but she was a legit 10/10 and honestly, one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life. She ranks up there with Anna Kournikova and Elisha Cuthbert. Baghdad/Camp Victory of all places.

That's how I felt at first too. My first visit to the VA, I sat two chairs away from a Vietnam vet that lost both legs and was in a wheelchair. I was there ofr a sinus infection. "The VA is for people who have cancer, blown off limbs, missing an eye, half their face, etc." until I talked with some VA workers one day while I was there and they assured me that the VA is there for any and all veterans that need help, not just ones that are missing half their limbs. I may not be missing a limb or two or have leukemia, but I still have ailments and conditions that were brought on because of my service so while I shouldn't feel bad for going and getting medical help, it's understandable to feel that way. Everyone is different and everyone's story is different. If your service has brought on ailments/conditions, part of you signing your life up was that the military/VA would help take care of you in the event something(s) happened to you as a result of your service. You seeking help at the VA is just them holding up their part of the contract. After that, my mindset changed to "I am extremely thankful I didn't lose both my legs. I can't imagine what that must be like but I am grateful it didn't happen to me. We're both veterans, just dealt with different hands, his is worse than mine but I still have ailments too that I need help with. I hope he gets the help he needs just like I get the help I need."

Reactions: Steve_In_29
No shit, there we were....freshly arrived on Victory Base and walking into the main PX on Liberty. As we're walking up, taking in the sights like BK, Cinnabon, etc....this brunette walks out flanked by 3 other AF dudes....we literally stopped on the sidewalk, like in the movies, and watched her as she walked by. She had frizzy longer brunette hair but she was a legit 10/10 and honestly, one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life. She ranks up there with Anna Kournikova and Elisha Cuthbert. Baghdad/Camp Victory of all places.
If you saw her after the deployment you would probably cringe. Seen way too many deployment queens which rates like the beer scale. The longer deployed the better they look, the more you drink the better they look. Just saying.

I don't know how your local VA is.
Ours here in the Tampa Bay area are great.
It's foolish for you to not utilize today's VA if you rate it.
With all due respect, Foolish.

How so? I suffered some hearing loss (can't restore that) and have a plate between C5/C6 (nothing else to do there). I have a very good doc, almost never have a co-pay and McDill is more than an hour away. What will I gain?

If you saw her after the deployment you would probably cringe. Seen way too many deployment queens which rates like the beer scale. The longer deployed the better they look, the more you drink the better they look. Just saying.
This was like the first week of us being on Victory Base. She was a legit 10/10 out of uniform/outside of the military.

I never had deployment goggles, thankfully. My buddy did though...so did my other buddy, who felt like sleeping with an IA interpreter was a good idea. Ever after almost being court-martialed, still slept with her. She was like 5'6, 250-300lbs. And then gave her $600 so she could "go to Jordan and get an abortion" after she told him she was pregnant. /popcorn
Never saw her again after that. :unsure::sleep::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: stefan73
I guess the Infantry guys will all die off early.

I found the VA system rather unsupportive. Spinal surgery prior to retirement at Fort Sam, neurosurgeon had put in the notes that I needed a follow up (after I retire). Spoke with PCM and tried to get a follow up which was denied by the VA (no reason given, so we had to guess and the VA has a copy of my medical record).
Now, I haven't had a PCM for over a year. So far, I'm not impressed with the bean counters! The actual people that you talk to seem to try and help, unless you are my aunts friend who has prostate cancer and the VA said that the soonest they could see him is 6 months (he's a Vietnam Vet). He used to sing praises about the VA, not so much anymore.

I guess the Infantry guys will all die off early.

I found the VA system rather unsupportive. Spinal surgery prior to retirement at Fort Sam, neurosurgeon had put in the notes that I needed a follow up (after I retire). Spoke with PCM and tried to get a follow up which was denied by the VA (no reason given, so we had to guess and the VA has a copy of my medical record).
Now, I haven't had a PCM for over a year. So far, I'm not impressed with the bean counters! The actual people that you talk to seem to try and help, unless you are my aunts friend who has prostate cancer and the VA said that the soonest they could see him is 6 months (he's a Vietnam Vet). He used to sing praises about the VA, not so much anymore.
Don’t be surprised if the VA doesn’t have access to ALL of your records. Might want to have a sit down with a provider in that specialty and make sure it is documented correctly.

Reactions: lash and stefan73
This was like the first week of us being on Victory Base. She was a legit 10/10 out of uniform/outside of the military.

I never had deployment goggles, thankfully. My buddy did though...so did my other buddy, who felt like sleeping with an IA interpreter was a good idea. Ever after almost being court-martialed, still slept with her. She was like 5'6, 250-300lbs. And then gave her $600 so she could "go to Jordan and get an abortion" after she told him she was pregnant. /popcorn
Never saw her again after that. :unsure::sleep::ROFLMAO:
Victory was like R&R for us. The Aussies had some real lookers when we went there to pickup FOO funds.

Don’t be surprised if the VA doesn’t have access to ALL of your records. Might want to have a sit down with a provider in that specialty and make sure it is documented correctly.
Would be nice if the VA had a provider for me. They haven't been able to fill a provider for me for over a year. They are sending us out to the local none VA clinics.

Would be nice if the VA had a provider for me. They haven't been able to fill a provider for me for over a year. They are sending us out to the local none VA clinics.
Sounds like they are pushing you out to the care in community program instead of waiting for a VA provider to be available. I have seen my “assigned” clinic provider once, she is an idiot and I only see her to stay current in their eyes. I have seen the Ortho doc a few times for injections, just because they have been faster than waiting for a local doc.

Your second sentence is something we are trying very hard to change. By "WE" I mean those of us actively clamoring for the change. Properly stated your sentence should read "The VA only recognizes those diseases on a list", meaning, they only compensate for disease conditions found on the list of diseases recognized as being associated with Agent Orange Exposure.
We've been fighting to add Hpertension to the list, for 30+ years, and only got it recognized this year. It is being examined for, and claims are being accepted, BUT it is doubtful it will be paid on for any Vets for another year. :::: That does not have anything to do withthe treatment of something like cancer. The VA will TREAT it, but won't Compensate for it. It was as recently as the 70's that NO diseases were on the list, and when they started being forced to allow them, they got added a condition at a time, over years and years. For a long time ONLY Chloracne was on the list. You didn't specify WHAT Cancer he died from. Prostate Cancer and some others are recognized and compensated for.
Your last sentence is a common myth. Any veteran who seeks care does NOT take away from another Veteran. EACH and EVERY Veterans has the promise of medical care. You don't make any more space for anyone by not using the service, and you don't take away from anyone else from using the service. If you have other sources of medical care, great, use them, but remember that you EARNED the right to walk into any VA medical facility.

I just pointed out that (except for possibly a few forward bases in Germany) SPs weren't going to be killed by Spetznatz during the Cold War and for sure not if things get hot with China now.

If enemy nukes are successful, it really doesn't matter what you do if you're assigned to a primary target. Spetsnaz will the least of your worries.

How so? I suffered some hearing loss (can't restore that) and have a plate between C5/C6 (nothing else to do there). I have a very good doc, almost never have a co-pay and McDill is more than an hour away. What will I gain?
What the heck does mcdill have to do w anything.
They are building new hospitals and primary care clinics all over the place. In example new port Ritchie, FL. Almost all done brand new everything.
See where there is care for you, It's foolish not to check it out, you rate it.
And, by you bringing up mcdill, I know you know shit about VA care. Check it out, No disrespect.

What the heck does mcdill have to do w anything.
They are building new hospitals and primary care clinics all over the place. In example new port Ritchie, FL. Almost all done brand new everything.
See where there is care for you, It's foolish not to check it out, you rate it.
And, by you bringing up mcdill, I know you know shit about VA care. Check it out, No disrespect.

You said Tampa. In my mind that equates to McDill. You are correct, I know very little about the VA. Sorry I upset you.

Lol. Why shoot down planes when you can kill the pilots and maintainers or just put thermite grenade on a wing? Or blow up the fuel bunkers? Our forward bases are tough nuts, but the ones in the US are sitting ducks. The Chinese are far more active and have a much larger presence in the US than the Russians ever did.

But maybe I’m wrong. A handful of Ragheads wiped out a whole bunch of planes at Camp Bastion in 2012. Those were Marines that died, right? And the base was run by the Brit’s? Then as you were. No one would do that to the USAF.

I have from day one always told my soldiers to get everything documented. Also now when you get out, you literally have to get a physical copy of your med records.

Doc

I have from day one always told my soldiers to get everything documented. Also now when you get out, you literally have to get a physical copy of your med records.

Doc
Used to be back in the day, you carried your own med/dental records on pcs moves. I made copies every time and kept them. You get one copy of your records now when you separate, used to have the option of hard copy or digital. I chose hard copy and keep them locked up in the safe. That stack is at least an inch thick front and back!

Victory was like R&R for us. The Aussies had some real lookers when we went there to pickup FOO funds.
Our building was the next building to the south of theirs on the road that separated the lake for the palace. We went to their pool a few times to see the scenery but it was a huge sausage fest...like 50 guys to every 1 female. No thx Geoffs

• Haha
Sounds like they are pushing you out to the care in community program instead of waiting for a VA provider to be available. I have seen my “assigned” clinic provider once, she is an idiot and I only see her to stay current in their eyes. I have seen the Ortho doc a few times for injections, just because they have been faster than waiting for a local doc.
I fired my last PCP through the Patient Advocate because she would tell me I needed to exercise and that my lung/breathing problems were just because I didn't exercise enough. So I tried jogging/running a few times, got massive headaches and almost passed out. So then she yelled at me for doing that. Then she yelled at me for not exercising. Then, when I had a diagnosis from my private MD, an actual MD, she scoffed and laughed at it...(she's just a PA). That was the last straw. I fired off secure messages to the Patient Advocate and let them know of every time I was yelled at in the exam room, the laughing at the diagnosis of an actual MD when she's just a PA, etc. PA was like, ".......wow." Yeah....yeah. What sucks though is there's only 2 PCP's here at my local CBOC...the PA and an NP but the NP I got switched to is way better and actually listens to you so that's nice. I am currently doing chiropractic care through Community Care and my chiro's wife is an RN at the clinic and we've talked about it before....one day he goes, "you didn't hear this from me but everything that you've said and told me....my wife and everyone, I mean EVERYone at the clinic, feels the same way about her and hates her. But shh." lol

Reactions: roostercogburn98
You said Tampa. In my mind that equates to McDill. You are correct, I know very little about the VA. Sorry I upset you.
You didn't upset me at all, I'd like for you to understand the truths so as you can make the best decision for yourself.

If you ever care to talk, I'll tell you what I know or what I believe.

There truly is some very good care that you rate, that you are not utilizing. It's not like the 70s and 80s any longer.
Do yourself a favor and go to eligibility w your dd214 and get your VA card, use it or don't.
It can be an ace in the hole for you.
Pm me for my number. While, I'm no scholar, I'm happy to share what I do know, with you

Our building was the next building to the south of theirs on the road that separated the lake for the palace. We went to their pool a few times to see the scenery but it was a huge sausage fest...like 50 guys to every 1 female. No thx Geoffs
To piggyback off this as well, we saw some guys in the PX one day with filthy ass uniforms, walking around starry-eyed and in awe. The main Liberty PX was either the biggest or second biggest PX in Iraq in 2005-2006 and sold steaks, mountain bikes, tvs, Playstations, clothes, etc....basically a Walmart Supercenter at that point. They had been running missions up and down the main routes for days on end with barely a day off, let alone seeing Shangri-La in person.

We stopped and talked to them for a few minutes and they were like, "so wait, you guys could come here every day if you wanted? Like, just for fun?"
Well, I mean, yeah, our trailers are only like 1-2 miles down the road on Camp Victory and there's buses that run every 15-30mins or we have vehicles we can drive.
".........whoaaaaaaaa..................wow........"

lol

VBC was truly a different place for sure but also perks of the base when the CG of Iraq has his office there and there's like 5 or 6 other 1-2 star Generals on base. Gotta make things nice and pretty for them.

Let's not even discuss the Embassy chow hall behind the Republican Palace....and it's real silverware and waiters that would take your plates and get you new drinks.

Don't know how I missed this thread. My VA experience was long and hard, but nothing like this. So glad it didn't take me 10 years to get everything straightened out.

What kills me worse than the runaround from government red tape at the VA is comments from leftist assholes who think I don't deserve it. I would speak out saying that it's not right for people to have to pay off the student loans of others... and I get backlash at being supported by my VA disability... Despite the fact that I earned it by serving 28 years in uniform, only to have some haji blow my truck out from under me while deployed serving... on orders from my government...

I'm 100% BTW, total & permanent.