• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up WI shooters... Anybody?

slowkota

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
I was just wondering if there are any Wisconsin shooters on here... Particularly in my neck of the woods of Eau Claire, WI or the surrounding areas?

I'm pretty much a new shooter, and would love to link up with some knowledgeable shooters in the future!!!

Re: WI shooters... Anybody?

There's a few of us around here. I go to UW-Stout in Menomonie, I have no clue as to where I will be this summer, might end up in Wausau if I don't find any work around here for summer.
What do you shoot? Been at it for a while?

Later

Garrett.

I am making the move to WI next month. Will probably land around Milwaukee. Wife's job is moving us there. Looking for a good range in that area if anyone knows of one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am making the move to WI next month. Will probably land around Milwaukee. Wife's job is moving us there. Looking for a good range in that area if anyone knows of one. </div></div>

Best places for long gun are racine county line and a range in the center of the state, cant remember the name of it.

That being said a sniper buddy of mine has land up north west towards the MN border. Im going up there to shoot soon. He might be up for a SH member regional get together. I know he has steel out to about 1000 meters.

Racine County Line Rifle Club - RCLRC.com
Daniel Boone Conservation League
Winnequah Gun Club in Lodi
Hartland Gun Club
McMiller Sports Center
Barton Sportsmens Club
Menomonee Falls Rod & Gun Club

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am making the move to WI next month. </div></div>

Summer is just a teaser... bring warm clothes. And, ya better like beer and brats.
smile.gif

Most folks around here shoot their long guns winter, spring and fall, I'm hoping for a mid summer shoot. Around here it’s mainly 500,600,880 yard stuff it would be great to reach out to 1000 or more

Barrett 98B, 338 Lapua, Vortex Razor HD 5x20x50

I'm an hour north and west of Eau Claire, got 700 yd range at the house and can go to 1000 on another field if you wish to get in some range time. A few of us get togather once in a while and make some noise.

I’m about an hour and a half east of Eau Claire.

As stated our max here is a event at 880 I’m looking forward to hooking up and shooting out to 1000 yards or more sometime.

This link may help
http://www.sheboyganrifleandpistol.org/

It looks like they have a program for ladies as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need help guys/gals....

I have a sister who is living near the southern Sheboygan county line, she is looking for a place to shoot pistol. She is brand new to shooting and is looking for knowledge people in the area who can give her a hand.

I live in South Dakota so I can't help her as much as I like, so anyone with info for a public or private range or if an individual she can contact in her area to help her train.

I really would appreciate the help.... </div></div>

i live in Oshkosh wi. would love to shoot out past 600. in for a weekend link up let me know.

I'm from Appleton but am at La Crosse most of the year. I go to UW-La Crosse

Anyone been doing any shooting, we have a event coming up this fall here in central WI. I believe a 600 yard round.

Does anyone know where you can send a couple down range say at 1000 or so yards for group shooting that allows muzzle brakes?

I'm in Winneconne, right outside Oshkosh. I make the drive up to the Shiocton range which is about 45 min away. It is by far the best range I have ever been to. All it costs is a $3 maintenance fee. They have 3 ranges. A pistol range, a 200 yard rifle range, and a 500 yard rifle range. No supervision telling you to put little pieces of plastic in your gun and such. I would like to go shooting with some other people from Wisconsin if someone wants to. I am just warning you though, I shoot really really slow.

I live 20 miles south of Madison. Have a 300 yard range in the back. I'll go to a Wisconsin Hide get together.

Same here though i only have a lmt mws right now. wisconsin hide get together

I'm headed to Ripon Rifle and Pistol Club later this week... they have a 600 yard station. Waushara County has a nice range but only out to 200 yards,,, I retired July 2 so my calendar is sort of open unless I'm out instructing/consulting.

Yeah im from Iron Mountain, MI right on the border of wisconsin, im looking for some new territory to shoot at.

To Original poster....stick with WI50....he will set you strait and give you a big helping hand.....

Also if you would like come check out the Minnesota thread...there are a few Wisconsin shooter that are regularly posting there....AND we dont even hold it against them!!!

There’s a cold bore shoot coming up Sept 25th in Marshfield, WI

600 yards and 880 yards at a 6” orange dot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well....except maybe Austan!! HAHHAHA</div></div>

Funny guy. You guys should come over and shoot some time with us. We are shooting in Eau Claire on the 25th of Sep. for Fclass but maybe when Marty gets the crops done we can get together over there for some 1k stuff. It'd be nice to see you actually shoot that 6br, or sell it to me and I can shoot it.

Hey oneshot

Got more info on that shoot on the 25th? And if there is the possiblity to put on a WI Hide get together count me in.

Hey Austan, my TRG is dying to get out to 1000!
Whipline, PM sent.(in a minute)

Folks start showing up around 9:00 am and it seems to wrap up around 4:30.

I think in April there were 43 shooters at the 600 and 29 shooters at the 880

Guns that are allowed are 338s and under

No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit

The range is a few miles south of Marshfield off of Highway A in the township of Richfield – the R&R Ranch, (highway A to Richfield – at the town hall and bar turn to the west and go a mile or so the R&R Ranch is on the south side of road)

They have a spring shoot in April, fall shoot Sept., the fox trackers a mile from there have a spring 600 event in March, and then in the fall there is a team shoot at 500 yards in Riplinger which is a ½ hour north of Marshfield.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Some additional info

This falls 600 & 880 yard cold bore shoot

R&R shoot is Sept.25. Registration starts at 10:30 and shooting starts at 11:00. Bob said he would like to close signup by 1:00 for the 600 yard target.

Planning on coming to the "Cold Bore Shoot" 9/25. Are there rules posted somewhere? Is the shoot from a bench or prone?

Thanks,

John

The 9/25 shoot

338s and under

Range targets 600 & 880 yards a 6” orange dot – you are able to check the distance with your LRF

They have a elevated bench that you shoot from, I usually spin the seat up high and shoot off of my bipod versus the bags that will be available

This event draws folks from all walks of life; safety rules are followed and for the most part a good group to BS with.

I was told that this falls event will allow you to bring as many guns you want to shoot versus having a limit.

Food and refreshments available at the site

See you there

oneshot.onehit - sounds like a plan. Look like the weather is going to cooperate!

Ammo is loaded for the 600 yard F class shoot in Eau Claire this weekend. Lets hope we get this rain out of the system during the week and it's dry for Saturday.

I hear ya, we have over 6" today and it's still raining.

Good Luck in Eau Claire

Went to the Cold Bore Shoot and met a good bunch of guys. The range is a nice setup. oneshot.onehit - thanks for the heads up. Now I now what to expect for the shoot next spring.

Xshot

I’m glad you had a great time; we had some funny wind today you really had to watch the grass .weeds and the mirage. I’m wondering if the mirage was messing with a few of us at the 880 it was boiling straight up with some good wave motion from what I seen caused a few to be high and a bunch hitting to the right also,

Afterwards a bunch of us did a three shot group round at 880, I had two shots that left clean and one that the cross hairs drifted to the right when fired, my group ended up on the top edge of the 6” dot with two holes split within 5” and my flier 10” to the right, even height on all three rounds, I liked it.

Congrats RebelRouser on your 880 cold bore round

It was good to see everyone

Thanks Jeff! That was a great time and I plan on making it annually. I had no more ammo left to play with at the end. Thanks for all the info!

500 yard round

Here’s some info on another cold bore event, there is talk about a possible 3 shot group round afterwards.

I notice the flier states “any centerfire” I would call Gene to confirm - but I always thought it was limited to 338s and under so call ahead if wanting to bring a 416 or 50

Hope to see ya there

This will be held at the Lonely Few Motorcycle Club grounds they have a nice rifle range for their members and events open to the public like this

Riplinger is located about 30 minutes northwest of Marshfield, WI just a few miles off of Highway 13 North

------------------------------------------------

LONG SHOOT

SATURDAY OCT. 30TH
LFMC CLUBHOUSE RIPLINGER,WI

OPEN TO ALL CENTER FIRE RIFLES

500 YARDS

ENTRY FEE $10.00 PER RIFLE

2 RIFLE MAX

100% PAYBACK

Is there any longer range rifle ranges on the western side of WI near the Eau Claire area? Any info would be much appreciated!

Black river has a 600 yard range. It is for law enforcement use only I think. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Riplinger - Cold Bore Event

We had a good group of shooters again, yesterday at the 500 yard cold bore event; winds were from 7-8 o’clock at 9 to 14 mph gusting in the mid 20s,

Four folks hit the 6” orange dot,
One of them hit the 1”black diamond in the middle - that was me

Earlier in the day

I also shot at another 500 yard range yesterday different angle and wind conditions and my one shot nailed the ring that goes around the diamond in the middle.

A good day for sure.

oneshot.onehit

Good job Jeff! Thats awesome! Keep me updated on these shoots. I thought I would make the riplinger shoot but I couldn't get zero'd for my new loads with all the wind last week! Congrats!

Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look ladies and gentlemen, let's start spreading the word.

Link to repeal 941.23 </div></div>

Got another open carry event coming up Dec 12. Unfortunately, it's quite a jaunt down there. (below Madison)

Hopefully next spring we can get something like that going in the North Country.

Check out... http://www.wisconsincarry.org/default.html Maybe you already have.

Oh, and thanks for posting the link. Dah, on my part.
grin.gif

Looking for some future shooting buddies to shoot at RCLRC in North East Racine County.

Learn me how to shoot my .308. Post or reply in PM

Might have some fun. Me like NOISE
laugh.gif

Welcome to the site smoker

Some good info here to look at

Id be up for a get together if anyone is planning one. I got back from iraq a couple weeks ago and have nothing but time. If anyone is planning something please let me know.

Im a pretty quiet guy and I'll even bring a fruit plate.

ok bullshitting about the fruit plate.

I can probably bring some AR500 steel too.