• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Will be in Dallas, TX for 4-6 months!!! Meet up?

flounderv2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Ok so heres the deal. I will in Dallas TX (Lewisville) starting in Jan most likely every other week for a 4-6 month period. I would really love to meet up with some people and do some shooting / coyote/pig hunting. Since I will be out there so much, I could easily stay over a weekend which would obviously work best for hunting / shooting / learning, etc.

Ive already had the pleasure of meeting up with ChadTRG42 and had some food and beverages one night a few months back when I was out there. I can only hope that there are other members on this board as nice as he was. Thanks again Chad.

Re: Will be in Dallas, TX for 4-6 months!!! Meet up?

I'm about 4 hours from Dallas, but I'll be up that way for work in January. I'd be glad to meet you and do some shooting. If you want to hog hunt, you can drive this way and I'll put you on 4000 acres plum full of hogs.

all I can offer is a ride out to tacpro for the day.

Im just about an hour north of Dallas and I'd be very excited to meet up with some members from here. Ive hunted all my life, but Im pretty new to most of this stuff. Im trying to read and learn all that I can and if I could tag along on a "range day" or follow along on a pig hunt Id be very greatful. Id gladly buy dinner and drinks in exchange for the chance to tag along.

I live in Lewisville; let us know when the next get-together is, and I'll drag Boltripper out with me to join everyone...

This sounds great guys. I cant wait to meet everyone and do some shooting/hunting. I leave on Monday for India for 2 weeks but should be on while Im there.

Also, do you know if I need an out of state hunting license to shoot coyote and pig when I visit TX. Im assuming I do but figured I would check with you since you all know better then me, especially when it comes to private land.

yes. feral hogs are obviously wild, and a nuisance, but even we Texans have to have a valid license, there's just no set season or other stamps - at least for us. Check out texas parks & wildlife to figure out what the cost will be. I am currently waiting on a potential hog hunt invite in Jan, so I will respond accordingly. Feel free to PM/email me when here - i can at least get some range time for ya just northeast of Plano.
Carlton

Sounds great everyone. Im really looking forward to being home. India is definitely no fun...

I'd like to throw my 2 cents in too. I'm in Plano, right down the road from Capt. Kick Ass and would like to meet up with some other members for beers. I have good coyote hunting but it's about 3 he drive
, down in Crockett. We have a camp house and if we can schedule a date we can load up and go kill some coyotes and make a weekend of it. I have friends there that would let us on their places as well so we would have multiple places in the county to hunt. The only longer distance range I have been to in DFW was in Nacona with CKA. this spring CKA and I plan to take out a few trees on my place back home and be set up fir at least 1500 yds. We also have a pipeline rightaway there that would allow another range out closer to 2000 yds. As I said the drive will most likely make it a weekend trip but there is a camp house and my dad's house is 300 yds away. Let me know if anyone is interested in hunting or shooting.

Got the coyote hunt scheduled. See info under hunting section or member link up as east tx coyote hunt/ target shoot if interested.