• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Will Dead Air Void Warranty If Using Wolfman with Griffin Taper mount / Muzzle Devices?

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Will Dead Air Void Warranty If Using Wolfman with Griffin Taper mount / Muzzle Devices?

Figured I would ask here as I believe I have seen Todd Magee comment on here recently. I got a non answer from the retailer.

Here is the adapter: https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan-a-taper-mount-adapter-for-dead-air-wolfman-wolf-9sd-and-ghost/

I asked a similar question about a Rugged suppressor and was told that Rugged usually takes care of everyone basically no questions asked. Rugged Obsidian line which says "unconditional lifetime warranty"
The Wolfman does not seem to indicate the same warranty but seems super solidly constructed out of full steel, unlike the Obsidians which are Alu/steel.

I would probably never use it on my 300BO as I ordered a Nomad LT for that. Would like the option to go shorter on subsonic. Can't seem to find any data on 300BO subs through the Wolfman either?

I am waffling between the Wolfman and the Obsidian9 or 45...unless there is a better dedicated 9mm can that is quieter AND lighter?

I don't have a specific answer for you, but...

I just got my nomad back from warranty for what I'm sure was my fuck-up. Raked a bullet across all the baffles and end cap. I didn't launch the can or anything, but I think I didn't tighten it down all the way on the key-mo. Same gun/ammo before had been fine for like 800 rounds, then tester again after and all was good. I indicated all this to them and they sent me a fully repaired can no questions asked. They also traded out my older keymo adapter with a newer version out of the goodness of their hearts. Took a couple weeks door to door. I'd feel pretty confident that they'll take care of you.

OSS just released a dedicated 9 can, I don't have many details, but it is another option to look at.

I know that with the Nomad series, they market it as having universal mounting thread patter/size that will take other manufacturers mounts.

Reactions: FuhQ
Will Dead Air Void Warranty If Using Wolfman with Griffin Taper mount / Muzzle Devices?

Figured I would ask here as I believe I have seen Todd Magee comment on here recently. I got a non answer from the retailer.

Here is the adapter: https://www.griffinarmament.com/plan-a-taper-mount-adapter-for-dead-air-wolfman-wolf-9sd-and-ghost/

I asked a similar question about a Rugged suppressor and was told that Rugged usually takes care of everyone basically no questions asked. Rugged Obsidian line which says "unconditional lifetime warranty"
The Wolfman does not seem to indicate the same warranty but seems super solidly constructed out of full steel, unlike the Obsidians which are Alu/steel.

I would probably never use it on my 300BO as I ordered a Nomad LT for that. Would like the option to go shorter on subsonic. Can't seem to find any data on 300BO subs through the Wolfman either?

I am waffling between the Wolfman and the Obsidian9 or 45...unless there is a better dedicated 9mm can that is quieter AND lighter?
You’ll be fine. The main issues that we found with competitors’ mount options include:

A. Non-coated stainless steel or Ti parts gall in cans of the same material. We’ve cut the mounts out of many customers cans before and I’m sure we’ll keep seeing it. I won’t say whose it is that that happens with, though. (Ok, it’s Q). As a side note, this is why we nitride our Xeno adapter and mounts.

B. Your muzzle device has a huge impact on your blast baffle life. Other manufacturers designed theirs for their product and maybe, with some forward thought, to work generically for others. If the muzzle device is right up against the blast baffle then you’ll get increased erosion and the fun will run louder than it normally would. When GA released their Plan A and marketed it for the Nomad, it appears they missed the development steps of checking fitment because they’re customers found their muzzle devices were so long that the can wouldn’t even fit on it. My point is, be aware of what you’re pairing up and shooting it super hard. You’ll find with average use you won’t have any issues.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

@macgeever U R Awesome. I have ordered the Nomad LT I am going to be using it with the shortest GA stealth flash hider and Plan A.
Will that fit? SS said it would afaik.

Considering some other DA products as well. Maybe the wolfman unless you can suggest a lighter dedicated pistol suppressor that has the same or better numbers? I am waffling between the Wolfman, Rugged Obsidian9 or 45.

I'm getting a DA can myself. I'd like to use it on my 9mm and 30cal hosts so I was going with the wolfman. Thing is I have all Griffin taper adapters (they're easy and lock up well for me, lightweight, and so may options). I am also going to be using the GA adapter. I use the FH on a ZPAP92 right now with my Form1 9mm can but really want something else. I think I'll try it out also! Here it is in it's current state. Great thing is the wolfman will also fit in my handguard (just need to pickup a tri-lug adapter). Also gonna use it with my MP5.

- AK + MP5
- 9mm PCC

You’ll be fine. The main issues that we found with competitors’ mount options include:

A. Non-coated stainless steel or Ti parts gall in cans of the same material. We’ve cut the mounts out of many customers cans before and I’m sure we’ll keep seeing it. I won’t say whose it is that that happens with, though. (Ok, it’s Q). As a side note, this is why we nitride our Xeno adapter and mounts.

B. Your muzzle device has a huge impact on your blast baffle life. Other manufacturers designed theirs for their product and maybe, with some forward thought, to work generically for others. If the muzzle device is right up against the blast baffle then you’ll get increased erosion and the fun will run louder than it normally would. When GA released their Plan A and marketed it for the Nomad, it appears they missed the development steps of checking fitment because they’re customers found their muzzle devices were so long that the can wouldn’t even fit on it. My point is, be aware of what you’re pairing up and shooting it super hard. You’ll find with average use you won’t have any issues.

Todd Magee
Dead Air Engineering

Any issues or concerns you're aware of running Xeno mounts with converted AAC cans?

I have two in ECCO's shop now getting cut. Of course, I already bought and mounted all the Xeno devices.

BTW, we keep hearing talk of new Xeno stuff coming, perhaps minimalist adapters, but haven't seen any yet. Anything expected in the next 6 months? What about a longer double stack side-ported brake (ala AAC brakes or hybrid brakeouts) ?