• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Will I be un-happy without EREK 1/10 MIL

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
Trying to decide if I really need this option on ST10, budget is very tight, dropped the GAP ret for mildot too, its way too busy.

Re: Will I be un-happy without EREK 1/10 MIL

You should get it.

I would take the reticle over the EREK.

Personally, I went with the EREK on both of mine, one being a Horus reticle that I rarely dial... I don't regret it, I like the low profile look, the gracious spacing of the clicks, as well as the way to center the erector and make your own "zero stop".

Your call, your this far in, why scrape now...

uhhh YES! You will need it!

Having owned EREK and non-EREK models, there is a huge difference easily worth the extra coin.

If your budget is tight, save up and do it right the first time.

EREK
GAP Ret.

Just my opinion.

With USO's lead time, by the time you have to render full payment, you might find yourself able to afford later what is seemingly unobtainable now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With USO's lead time, by the time you have to render full payment, you might find yourself able to afford later what is seemingly unobtainable now. </div></div>

Almost sounded poetic!

Unhappy? I doubt it. Esp if you go with #3's in .1mil-hard to get a turn off with them although some don't like the feel of the clicks so tight together (I like mine on my ST10).

I have an ST10 and an SN3-17X and I am a wallflower with no Erek. I did have USO zerostop my SN3's #1 turret as I have gotten a turn off with it. The GAP reticle will grow on you (and be better -god forbid- if you ever need the resale value).

Food for thought. Erek= 9mils in one turn. #3 knob= 10.5 mils in one turn. I do like the Erek look more though.

I would get the GAP reticle and a #3 knob in mil if money were tight. The GAP reticle is much better that the standard mildot. It only has 1/2 mil marks so it's not busy at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to decide if I really need this option on ST10, budget is very tight, dropped the GAP ret for mildot too, its way too busy. </div></div>
I've owned and used a SN-3 3.2-17X 44 for about 1.5 years - my scope is loaded and has both the EREK .01 MIL and GAP reticle. I wouldn't want to give up either. If money is tight save up more money and do it right the first time. By the time your scope is ready you may have saved the additional cash, and if not I'm sure John will give you a little time to pay. They'll just hold onto your scope for you for a bit longer.

Also, the GAP reticle really isn't busy at all - in use I really don't even "see" the numbers, and the hash marks actually cover less of the sight picture than the Mildots. The 1/2 MIL marks also provide more precise hold and "milling" points than the standard Mildot reticle.

In the end, after you have paid for your scope and are enjoying using it you will have forgotten about the extra cash you had to scrimp and save for.

Keith