• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will There Be A Celebration Or Mourning?

So that would pick up other cancers?

BTW, I think it was me that posted that his surgery was for prostate cancer. That was an assumption on my part. Does anyone get surgery for 'enlarged' prostate that is not necessarily cancerous? Is an enlarged prostate assumed to be cancerous?

Could it be bladder cancer (as mentioned above)? I had a friend who died of that and it was fast and aggressive and very fatal.

Again, just looking to learn. I can also see that the docs would be covering stuff up. EIther that they missed or trying not to upset the British Applecart. Remember, national health system there. I'd think the King gets the best. But... what's the "Best" in socialized medicine? The old USSR's doctors were chosen for their political reliability, not their medical talent. Generations of Soviet leaders paid the price for that brilliance.

Cheers!

Sirhr
The simple first test the urologist does is the (DRE) though not very accurate ,it would give him an idea of whats is present .if he fills a mass or nodule near the wall of the prostate, then he may order a prostate specific MRI aka multiparametric MRI (mpMRI).this test is by far the most accurate imaging you can get for the prostate. Bladder cancer this days can be easily found with a standard MRI. sorry to hear about your friend.

The simple first test the urologist does is the (DRE) though not very accurate ,it would give him an idea of whats is present .if he fills a mass or nodule near the wall of the prostate, then he may order a prostate specific MRI aka multiparametric MRI (mpMRI).this test is by far the most accurate imaging you can get for the prostate. Bladder cancer this days can be easily found with a standard MRI. sorry to hear about your friend.

Thanks.

Yeah... it was about 15 years ago. And he could have had surgery and worn a bag... but he didn't want to do that. By the time he realized that surgery was his only option, it had metastasized (sp?) and he was gone in weeks. Cool guy and missed! Thanks!

Sirhr

Thanks.

Yeah... it was about 15 years ago. And he could have had surgery and worn a bag... but he didn't want to do that. By the time he realized that surgery was his only option, it had metastasized (sp?) and he was gone in weeks. Cool guy and missed! Thanks!

Sirhr
It's no fun having to wear a bag. i know a guy that went thru the same thing.started with the bladder,had it scraped ,came back ignored it and then went to the prostate,still alive to talk about it ,and wearing the bag

Will

It's no fun having to wear a bag. i know a guy that went thru the same thing.started with the bladder,had it scraped ,came back ignored it and then went to the prostate,still alive to talk about it ,and wearing the bag

Will

If he has someone squeezing his toothpaste and ironing his shoelaces imagine what life will be like for the Royal Bag Attendant will be like.

He'll get the best treatment the British people can afford. Even if they have to bring in doctors from other countries to keep up the facade of quality medicine for the plebe.

Reactions: Longshot231