• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

William Buck Memorial Postal Matches

Here is my first try for the Factory Rifle Match and the JBell 6x5 Challenge. I'm using a CZ 457 MTR with Norma Match ammo. I did use the Balistic X iPad software to calculate the 6x5 scores so I hope I did it right. Please let me know if I did anything wrong. Thanks for doing this. This is fun.

Attachments

• IMG_4420.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg
    624.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4421.jpg
    IMG_4421.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 59
Here is my first try for the Factory Rifle Match and the JBell 6x5 Challenge. I'm using a CZ 457 MTR with Norma Match ammo. I did use the Balistic X iPad software to calculate the 6x5 scores so I hope I did it right. Please let me know if I did anything wrong. Thanks for doing this. This is fun.
Gdawg09, I have your scores posted. Welcome and good shooting!

RFS99

Reactions: Gdawg09
Larry my competitive side jumped in to better my previous score. Tried to outshoot gdawg’s 188.
Came up short. Had a nice day to be able to get out and get some aroma therapy. Please replace my previous 194 score with this target.
Thanks
John Metcalf
26586A45-2150-4C44-AEB7-678AC60BDFAB.jpeg

Hi Larry, Hope you are having a great Easter Sunday! let's start April off here is my first target for the month of April. weather warming up here.
I am curious to see how this long-range stuff will shoot in 100+ heat. lot I am shooting is rate 334 mps (1095 fps) so still under 1100 fps.

Thanks,
Lee

Attachments

• April UL 200-14X H&R M12.jpg
    April UL 200-14X H&R M12.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: JohnMetcalf
Hi Larry, Hope you are having a great Easter Sunday! let's start April off here is my first target for the month of April. weather warming up here.
I am curious to see how this long-range stuff will shoot in 100+ heat. lot I am shooting is rate 334 mps (1095 fps) so still under 1100 fps.

Thanks,
Lee
Thanks Lee! I've had a chance to shoot three different lots of LLR indoors, and some shows promise. Last week, I was able to get outdoors, and shot with my ammo (LCX/Midas), scored 2200-2300 on ARA target on each lot. When I then tried to shoot LLR on fresh targets, the stuff seemed to spray everywhere. Maybe it was me, with my wind hold-off which should have been much larger for LLR, but it mostly seemed to be the ammo. I have heard that the SLLR performs well so maybe try that if you get a chance, but I can't say what it shoots like outdoors.

I'll have your score posted in a couple of minutes.

Good luck!

Thanks Lee! I've had a chance to shoot three different lots of LLR indoors, and some shows promise. Last week, I was able to get outdoors, and shot with my ammo (LCX/Midas), scored 2200-2300 on ARA target on each lot. When I then tried to shoot LLR on fresh targets, the stuff seemed to spray everywhere. Maybe it was me, with my wind hold-off which should have been much larger for LLR, but it mostly seemed to be the ammo. I have heard that the SLLR performs well so maybe try that if you get a chance, but I can't say what it shoots like outdoors.

I'll have your score posted in a couple of minutes.

Good luck!
Larry,

Thanks, I have tried both. now in two different rifles it does shoot fairly flat. this target for April was shot with my M12 and this target with my 1411. the lots I used were supposed to be under 1100 fps 1095 going by the box. I haven't really seen a difference on hold-offs.
but like all ammo you have to test and see I have one more rifle to try it in if it shoots the same, I will be convinced it is worth using.

Lee

Attachments

• RBA shot with LR & SLR - Copy.jpg
    RBA shot with LR & SLR - Copy.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 37
Larry, good afternoon. Glad to see you were able to shoot some.
Well, let’s get the factory match party started.
Not happy but it was still fun.
The score is 194 7X.
Have a good week
John
IMG_7021.jpeg

Larry,

Thanks, I have tried both. now in two different rifles it does shoot fairly flat. this target for April was shot with my M12 and this target with my 1411. the lots I used were supposed to be under 1100 fps 1095 going by the box. I haven't really seen a difference on hold-offs.
but like all ammo you have to test and see I have one more rifle to try it in if it shoots the same, I will be convinced it is worth using.

Lee
Nice looking target Lee! Good luck with the new ammo!

Larry

Here is my first outdoor target for 2023. Looks like I need lots of work.
Factory target at 50 yards with Savage Mark II BTV and Norma Tac 22 ammo Score 191 6X

April 50 yard Savage.JPG

Hi Larry, here's my first try for April. I may give it one more run.
Thanks for doing this.
I saved a copy of the Ballistic-X marked-up target but it was too big to attach. Let me know you need it and I can send it separately to you.

Attachments

• Annotated JBell 6x5 Challenge.jpg
    Annotated JBell 6x5 Challenge.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Factory Rifle.jpg
    Factory Rifle.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Mini Palma.jpg
    Mini Palma.jpg
    718.3 KB · Views: 34
Hi Larry, here's my first try for April. I may give it one more run.
Thanks for doing this.
I saved a copy of the Ballistic-X marked-up target but it was too big to attach. Let me know you need it and I can send it separately to you.
Gdawg09, I have all your scores posted.

Larry

Larry, good afternoon. I’m hoping you’re out shooting and getting some gun smoke aroma therapy.

Attached is my May Factory Match. Better than last month. Charlotte weather today was great, 72 and light winds. I’ll take it.

Stay safe and shoot straight,
John Metcalf
IMG_7190.jpeg

Larry, good afternoon. I’m hoping you’re out shooting and getting some gun smoke aroma therapy.

Attached is my May Factory Match. Better than last month. Charlotte weather today was great, 72 and light winds. I’ll take it.

Stay safe and shoot straight,
John MetcalfView attachment 8135279
John, thanks. I was on the road on Friday, headed to St. Louis for an ARA match on Saturday.

Good shooting! I have your score posted!

Larry

Hi Larry
Hope all is well. Here are my first two of the year.
Jerry

Attachments

• Scan_20230512.png
    Scan_20230512.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 37
  • Scan_20230512_2.png
    Scan_20230512_2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Larry
Here are two more targets.
Thanks
Jerry

Attachments

• Scan_20230523.png
    Scan_20230523.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Scan_20230523_2.png
    Scan_20230523_2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
HI Larry
Here is my first target for the month.
Thanks
Jerry

Attachments

• Scan_20230604.png
    Scan_20230604.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Greyknife/Ralph
50 Yard Factory Rifle Match 194 6X
Savage Mark II BTV Norma Match ammo
Shot June 5, 2023

June 50 Yd target Factory.JPG

Good afternoon,Larry. Great weather here for shooting this morning. 72, partly cloudy, and basically light winds except for a few pesky gusts moving the target stand.
Attached is my June Factory Match.
Have a good week and stay safe out there.
John
IMG_7517.jpeg

Is a Vudoo 360 considered match grade or unlimited? I see them in both classes

Is a Vudoo 360 considered match grade or unlimited? I see them in both classes
Match grade, but you have the option to shoot in a higher class, like Unlimited. Some rules vary by match, so be sure to check the rules attached in the first post.

Thanks,

Larry

Here are my mid-June attempts. I'm hoping to get another session in before the end of the month but wanted to get this posted for the heck of it.
Thanks for doing this. . . it is a lot of fun and I have 4 other members in my club shooting this as well, but they don't feel comfortable submitting just yet.

Attachments

• Gary Kim JBell 6x5 June 2023.jpg
    Gary Kim JBell 6x5 June 2023.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 32
  • GDawg Factory Rifle June 2023.jpg
    GDawg Factory Rifle June 2023.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Larry
Here is another target for the month.
Thanks
Jerry

Attachments

• Scan_20230618.png
    Scan_20230618.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
Here are my mid-June attempts. I'm hoping to get another session in before the end of the month but wanted to get this posted for the heck of it.
Thanks for doing this. . . it is a lot of fun and I have 4 other members in my club shooting this as well, but they don't feel comfortable submitting just yet.
Gdawg, I have your scores posted.

Thanks Larry
Here is another one.

Attachments

• Scan_20230622.png
    Scan_20230622.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
I would like to give this a go, I'll be shooting in the Unlimited class. What size paper are these targets set to be printed on. How will I know if they are the right size after I print them. This is an area I'm not very savvy in.

Am I correct in thinking the shot is scored best edge?

Thanks for the help.

I would like to give this a go, I'll be shooting in the Unlimited class. What size paper are these targets set to be printed on. How will I know if they are the right size after I print them. This is an area I'm not very savvy in.

Am I correct in thinking the shot is scored best edge?

Thanks for the help.
Please use 8 1/2 x 11 paper for the targets. The rules in the first post will describe the scoring for each match type. Typically, most matches are best edge, but the JBell 6x5 is a group size match, so check the rules for the match you want to shoot. Thanks for joining in and good luck!

Larry

Reactions: BowChamp
I gave it one more try for June. Looks like I'm going to stick with the Aguila for a while. Thanks

Attachments

• 6-25-2023 Aguila.jpg
    6-25-2023 Aguila.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 30
I gave it one more try for June. Looks like I'm going to stick with the Aguila for a while. Thanks
Gdawg, which set do you want me to post? I calculated your average for the target attached and it's .755in. Your prior target was better on the overall average, but not as good on your best group size. Let me know which set you want as your June submission.

Thanks,

Larry

Please use 8 1/2 x 11 paper for the targets. The rules in the first post will describe the scoring for each match type. Typically, most matches are best edge, but the JBell 6x5 is a group size match, so check the rules for the match you want to shoot. Thanks for joining in and good luck!

Larry
Got'em!!!! Printed off about 50. After our Local ARA Match this Saturday....I'm gonna get it on!! (y)

Thanks!!

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Alright here we go!!! After my match today I broke out the targets and was getting ready to give it a go. One of the other members handed me a box of RWS R-50 and said try this. What the heck...free ammo......I'm game!!! I've been wanting to try some R-50.

Wind was 4 to 10 MPH and very switchy form 10 o'clock to 3 o'clock.

I shot four targets total with four different types of ammo. Here is the outcome of my very first target shooting ammo I've never shot before (R-50). Please let me know if I've made any mistakes on the scoring.

Thanks!!!

20230701_163905.jpg

20230701_163813.jpg

20230701_164102.jpg

20230701_164326.jpg

Alright here we go!!! After my match today I broke out the targets and was getting ready to give it a go. One of the other members handed me a box of RWS R-50 and said try this. What the heck...free ammo......I'm game!!! I've been wanting to try some R-50.

Wind was 4 to 10 MPH and very switchy form 10 o'clock to 3 o'clock.

I shot four targets total with four different types of ammo. Here is the outcome of my very first target shooting ammo I've never shot before (R-50). Please let me know if I've made any mistakes on the scoring.

Thanks!!!

View attachment 8173891

View attachment 8173890

View attachment 8173892

View attachment 8173893
BowChamp, well done. That's some fine shooting! I have your score posted.

Larry

OK, off to an early start. I hope to reshoot later in the month and maybe improve, but at least I wanted to get these posted. Thanks for running this contest.

Attachments

• Factory Rifle July.jpg
    Factory Rifle July.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 6x5 Challenge July.jpg
    6x5 Challenge July.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Mini Palma July.jpg
    Mini Palma July.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Pipefitter I’m